/daily/ - Owl Screech Covers Edition

SCREEEEEEEEEEE SCREEEEEEEEEEEE SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The point of these threads is to encourage people to look for new and interesting music. We do this by listening to and ideally discussing albums we've never heard before. Many of us already listen to new music daily, these people are in it to venture "out of their comfort zone" by listening to albums they otherwise wouldn't have, or just to have a good time.

>make charts
neverendingchartrendering.org/

>listen to tunes
plug.dj/sdc-room-3-the-sequel

>templates/listenalong schedules
dailymu-sic.weebly.com/

>discord
discord.gg/8exuEmG

Previously, on /daily/:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2n4JmoFp8Yw
rateyourmusic.com/list/echandl2/_daily-covers-project/
rateyourmusic.com/release/single/소녀시대/gee/
youtube.com/watch?v=3utsHmtHnuo&t=7s
youtube.com/watch?v=98fqXx-KFgI
youtube.com/watch?v=DeQchIQOL6I
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for pee pee, and poo poo

i am Daddy's Good Boy, i deserved these Trips

I keep listening to the last 4 minutes of lentic catachresis

why is it so catchy

Ooh, are we shitposting?

yes but please keep it PG
allowed: pee pee, poo poo, "le"
not allowed: naked hooter's (big), racism, music

watch this:
"el"

el

t. yamir

this album is still perfect

srsly tho what should I cover?

more like cornfield

halfway to a threeway

bitcvh i will end u

youtube.com/watch?v=2n4JmoFp8Yw

what the h*ck dude......

WHAT did i tell you about posting music??!!

Add stuff here. We'll do a drawing. I'll probably make a strawpoll to narrow it down too once we get all the suggestions out there.

ok, put me on the list whoever is making the list. Will do.

>We'll do a drawing.
ahh okay this is cool

someone should cover Gee by Girls Generation duh.

rateyourmusic.com/release/single/소녀시대/gee/

oh wait what's the cover thing what are we covering
can I do bleep bloops

>Pee Pee Poo Poo
I have seen the center of the void, and its majesty has eclipsed the highest echelons of known conception; it exists with such vigor and essence, as if we are living solely as parasites on a vital wholeness.

god damn guys, read the thread before posting

If you're lucky
Add it, babey

>rateyourmusic.com/list/echandl2/_daily-covers-project/
Who's covering Sad Pony Guerrilla Girl?

dont shoot the messenger

how does this work what do i do when i can only do vocals and basic acoustic guitar shit (and not even simultaneously lmao)

I won't participate
But I think it would make more sense if people could pick songs from the list first if they want to
That way everyone can do what they are actually able to cover properly

the point is not to cover it "properly"

ah okay I suggested the best autechre track I could think of

record yourself playing in audacity, then record yourself singing over the guitar. basic overdubbing shit

My reasoning was it should be a comp with recognizable songs. Also a challenge. Ideally they'd be standards so anyone could interpret them, i.e. cover them properly. We're going with the flow now though

trips confirm

>the point is not to cover it "properly"
wait what I'm gonna cover the fuck out of anything I get

>Also showed it to a friend and she really liked it as well
Most game I've had in my life lmao. Glad you enjoyed it! I'm hoping to get working on some new stuff this summer, but seeing as I'm starting my bachelor thesis tomorrow I probably won't be cooking up anything anytime soon.

im super rusty at guitar i figure so that'd take enough of an effort but it's probably the best i got, unless i can find an instrumental of a track floating around somewhere/find someone to play the instrumental for me lol

can i cover xiu xiu's cover of only girl in the world?

yeah but it doesn't need to be good

Luck of the draw, babey. That's why we need good picks for this.

but that way many people will be unhappy with their song and it will take forever to get everything together
(it will anyways, don't get your hopes up)

What is the qualification for this shit? I need to participate.

They shouldn't sign up then. It's a project.

eh its all about trax 1 2 3 and 7 desu

Here it is again. We'll do a poll soon and you'll get randomly paired up with a song to cover.

>but seeing as I'm starting my bachelor thesis tomorrow I probably won't be cooking up anything anytime soon.
idk, I heavily overestimated the effort it would take, I'm handing mine in this week and it wasn't that much of a struggle
But that's probably different for every subject

> →
Thanks

Yea idk i might be overthinking it. But it'll probably be time consuming af. We'll see i guess.

can i do a cover if its just vocal?

correct
someone cover long season

Yes, sure. Were going to vote on what will be covered once everyone sends in their suggestions.

BAAAA BA BA BA BA BA BAAA

BA BA BA BA BA BAAA

BA BA BA BAAAAAAAAAA

i want long season so bad. we'll see

Unwound definitely; October All Over and Demons Sing Love Songs would lend themselves well for this i think

Add them:

can i cover Fahey Blows His Nose
i'd jhave to wait till i get a cold or do some drugs or something tho

who's flyingpistons

Prog guy who posts rarely

really makes me think

These people said they're interested in contributing to the covers project. I'll give more time for others to join in.

i gave the money store another try and it was p fun but a lot of the popular tracks are pretty overrated

lets narrow down the tracks cause i keep spamming the list with song ideas

I'll create a strawpoll with every single song soon, I just want to give people time to suggest songs.

"Don't listen to this album.... but I highly recommend you to listen to this album."

*thinking emoji*

paging SHAMEPAI
check out this really shitty meme

youtube.com/watch?v=3utsHmtHnuo&t=7s

hacker is great tho

this is nice

exmilitary only good dg album

have you listened to it? is it actually decent or the typical recent anco shite?

yeah i love hacker i meant aye aye and get got
i made this meme inspired on your mango edits

i need to retry exmilitary as well
i tried bottomless pit and tptb again and they were weak
nldw disappointed me too not as good as i remembered

exmilitary has takyon, which is the Ultimate Death Grips Banger

get got is very overrated but the hook in aye aye is legit one of the best in the genre.

I've Seen Footage is just an MC Hammer / Salt N Pepa banger for the 21st Century

hell yeah

i started exmil but i think ive had more than enough grips for one day

this is mostly true

this is true

this is trueish

radical

It's the typical recent anco shite.

Such a good list for the cover project. Excited by whatever I get paired with.

hope it wont take deakin another fifty years to release another album

more like dickin

don't listen to it's gorgeous

ill gib it a try

Would you say you prefer it over Painting With?

100000%
i've always preferred lush, spacey anco

:(

Hello /citypop/, I need some recs. I've listened to Tatsuro Yamashita, Sugar Babe, and Tatsuhiko Yamamoto and it was all pretty good, but Naoya Matsuoka was a whole new level. A Farewell to the Seashore and 夏の旅 are exactly in the style I want them.

Anything more like it?

Bad. There were some songs on here that legitimately irritated me, like the Harder Better Faster Stronger by Daft Punk kind of irritation. I really didn't like the funkier/ dancy production either. The lyrics themselves were pretty unbearable at times too, which wouldn't normally irritate me except for how prominent they were here. She sounded like she either A) Had a very limited English vocabulary B) Was improvised singing while not knowing what to say. Take an example from, in my opinion, the worse song on here, Human Behavior.. "If you ever get close to a human...
And human behavior... Be ready... be ready to get confused." Like was she trying to sound deep or was she improvising I honestly couldn't tell. The only pros on this album was the song "Venus As A Boy", that track was actually good.. other then that though, the tracks were at best tolerable and at worse irritating. Also her voice was hot at times ngl desu.

I still see potential in her, but I don't think I'll like her dancier and funkier stuff if there's any of that in the future. I hope her later albums will be more on the lush side and less on the ""fun"" side.

2/5
that album is amazing, and no i haven't listened to the anco yet.. will later tonight

on the bright side, there wont be more fishmans music

callate mrd

heard this? youtube.com/watch?v=98fqXx-KFgI

}-(((>x_x>

There's still Fishmans archival concerts

rrreeeeeeEEEEEEEE

Oh yeah I forgot about that one, it's in my backlog. Thanks!

Yeah I agree Venus as a Boy is the only worthwhile song

>archival
Let's keep them that way.

>when the album is weak throughout but then it was one of the best songs ever
what's your song?

youtube.com/watch?v=DeQchIQOL6I

THIS

But don't you want curve padding?

not if it comes at the expense of fishfans having another recording to fondle over

Is hating Fishmans the new /daily/ trend?

>two trips hating on daily
>the new /daily/ trend

did you miss these wonderful posts friend
daily will never get over fishmans

its a trend among the AntiFA(Anti FISH Alliance, notable members yamir and Jangle)

the movement gained noticeable momentum when a ridiculously long, hyperbolic, and poorly written review of 98.12.28 was spammed in /daily/.

loool

it takes nothing for them to become immensely angry I swear

I thought it was because of the ingenuity of the "fishmans - long season" meme that was spammed a couple of days ago.

I would also be bitter if I had to live in Canada or Puerto Rico, to be fair