Wonder Woman Thread

Does wonder woman have any chance of being a hit?

>politically divisive dialogue
>Feminist leads a la ghostbusters
>DC

The only thing it has going for it is that Snyder won't be directing.

Discuss

Honestly I think it looks way more interesting than any other capeshit in years. That said, I hate capeshit so I'm not the best person to have an opinion on this. But I think the WWI setting and, from the trailer, more gratuitous violence than most of these films, will be a good thing. I might even actually watch it

That was one line of dialog at the end of the movie. And it was more Wonder Woman being naive and not trying to push some feminist angle.

People didn't want a ghostbusters remake
As lame as WW is people have wanted her to get a movie
It will be a solid hit probably

How?

The stuff at the end was just fish out of water standard humor

It got a positive response, so it has a chance.

movie is way more likable based on a trailer then ghostbusters was

This movie looks like fucking Citizen Kane compared to Ghostbusters.

And if the marketing doesn't try to antagonize the critics of the movie, then it should be fine.

I want to know what you think "feminist" means. Do you think it means woman?

A mondern feminist is a woman who thinks she can do everything a man can do. Most likely looks down upon men.

My money is on this movies ending dialogue will be more cringier than the catwoman movie

implying that wasn't a (not so) subtle attempt at pandering to their target audience. The explosions and fight scenes are in the trailers for the guys.

It already succeeded in making me hard.

Are you serious

It was a gag about Diana not knowing anything about our world

Who's the audience for this piece of shit?

Young boys, and adult men give two shits about wonder woman.
Young girls, and adult women give two shits about comics, period.

So who is this bomb getting made for exactly? The submissive comics loving male nerd audience?

It's going to bomb bigger than shit....

Top kek, try harder kid. I guarantee this movie will do a hundred times better than Feminist-busters.

>>Feminist leads a la ghostbusters

The difference is that was a reboot of a much loved franchise that was disrespected in every way possible and constantly antagonized their audience for not agreeing with their stupid agenda.

This movie actually looks interesting and isn't pushing feminism in your face even though it so very easily could. It's a movie about a female character, not a movie telling you HEY LOOK THIS HAS A FEMALE LEAD IN A MALE DOMINATED GENRE. Ghostbusters is getting what it deserves.

why the fuck is she so qt here ?

Because she has her hair down. I don't know why they keep pulling Gadot's hair back so much, it makes her face look weird. She's way more attractive when it's down.

It might be terrible. We'll have to wait and see. As for women who can do everything a man can do, she's a demigod, so I think you'll see her doing a lot of stuff no human can do.

There's really nothing feminist about the leads in Ghostbusters.

O.K., but who's the audience?

Capeshit sucks as it is, but chick flick capeshit?

Seriously?

Are neckbeards actually going to see this just to see a quasi-decent looking Jew bitch?

>she is two months older than me

o-okay

>chick flick capeshit?

That's what the Thor movies are and they make decent money.

I want a Nausicaa shirt to wear to this anyone have suggestions on one to buy?

Do they come in noose shapes? Buy that one.

that was pretty edgy of you user

>That's what the Thor movies are

Thor is a dude....that's just plain old hot garbage capeshit.

Make Thor a bitch and see what happens....

only if he doesn't do it. Which he won't...sigh..

back 2 reddit

*cringe* do I have to? *sigh* *walks out the door on his paws*

The trailer seemed great outside of that quip at the end. For a being from an ancient society built on warriors and shit, Wonder Woman has no idea of what a hierarchy is.

But yeah, looked pretty good.

r u scard of grills user
also you sound like a fag

It's also not really what a secretary does; more like a personal aide, which Diana SHOULD know about as handmaidens.

It might be missing context; she might just be trying to get a rise out of Steve or something.

I think she's referring to when Hercules enslaved the Amazons

Well, it's likely that she has no concept of working for money. Themiscyra seems like a pretty communal living situation. So working for another person as an assistant/secretary, even though you get paid for the service, looks like slavery.

Sorry Sup Forums, I lost, that trailer just got me, I'm gonna watch it next year when it comes out

Eh, I can take it.

I suppose not, but it IS a monarchy. I can't imagine her mother doesn't have personal assistants. If anything, Steve's secretary is less of a slave than they are, if one who lives in a more sexist society.

Diana sees it as a woman serving a man, which the only time she's seen that is when the Amazons were enslaved by Hercules. It's a touchy subject for her.

>, which the only time she's seen that is when the Amazons were enslaved by Hercules.

you mean something she wasn't alive for?

>>politically divisive dialogue
not true at all. it's about ww1. you have just proven to everyone here that you have
1. No idea about the history of WW.
2. You didn't watch bvs. And if you did, you didn't pay any attention to her parts at all.
3. There was nothing politically divisive at all. You're literally the dumbest fuck on all of Sup Forums. Congrats on that.
>>Feminist leads a la ghostbusters
WW has always been classically feminist, not man-hating feminist. This will be nothing like ghostbusters. Notice how there hasn't been one shred of controversy because of the female lead. That's because everyone has been waiting for a proper WW movie since the 70s.
>>DC
Marveldrone detected. Disregard all future OP posts.

>all these feminist apologists

Reddit + summer, everyone.

>hurr durr everything is my political boogyman

kill yourself

I'm actually pretty stoked for this film now.

Before this trailer, I had paid almost no attention to it. I knew Gal Gadot was playing Diana and that all you autists were butthurt over it, but honestly she doesn't seem bad. And I like Pine.

rimmer in drag.jpg

Fuck no, m8.

I'm not a fucking nu-male piece of shit.
I own "assault" guns.
I'm voting Trump.

I was just impressed by the trailer, that's all.

Sure, cupcake.

She's a feminist cunt Jewess

>Capeshit sucks as it is
Do you live under a rock? Capes have been making fucking billions. Throwing a strong female in movie is some bullshit proof safety blanket that prevents a proper critique.

WW is going to kill it.

>seemed great outside of that quip at the end
That quip sold my gf on the movie. It was for all of those girls who want to 'stick it to the man'.

the box office failure of Ghostbusters is not an indication that people won't see a film with women in the lead.

Normies are the biggest audience and they decide which films are hits. But Normies generally don't give a fuck about internet drama or arbitrary gender politics, the first trailer was poorly received and that's the real reason Ghostbusters is under performing right now.

So far capeshit fans have responded to the Wonder Woman footage and trailer pretty well so I don't see why it couldn't be a hit.

Unless its up against some really big unforeseen competition on release.

they'll stir up controversy the same way ghostbusters did to generate some press

No

Yes. I liked her in BvS due to the fight scene w Doomsday. If this film has a few action scenes (done right) then the audience will register.

My only fear is they decide to nerf the action, hopefully they go full MoS and the money will flow.

Not to mention it even has a female director. There's no way this is getting bad reviews.

>If women turn you on you're a feminist