Alright, Sup Forums, let's settle this once and for all

Alright, Sup Forums, let's settle this once and for all.

Which is better - South Park or The Simpsons?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Simpsons_writers
youtube.com/watch?v=sXQkXXBqj_U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

South Park

South park had more consistently good episodes throughout but classic Simpsons 3(or 2 for some)-9 were great and surpass south park in my opinion.

South Park and season 8 is GOAT

Simpsons have more funny rewatchable episodes that hold up over time.

South Park while more enjoyable today has tons of dated episodes

If we're talking overall, South Park takes it. It's been far more consistent than Simpsons and the newest season was based. If we're talking Golden Years, Simpsons takes it.

South Park up to the late 2000s

I love them both but the Simpsons take it for me because I am 28 and I grew up with them. I'm sure if I was 20 or so and grew up with South Park I would choose that.

South Park had more good seasons, but Simpsons in its prime was better.

>Peak

The Simpsons > South Park

>Consistancy

South Park > The Simpsons

Pretty much what these posters said. South Park has more consistency, Simpsons was better in its prime.

The Simpsons good seasons > South Park goods seasons > South Park bad seasons >> The Simpsons bad seasons

overall it has to be south park for still having good episodes in such a long run

but seasons 2-9 of the Simpsons is a better run than almost any show in history

The Simpsons never had an episode as good as Good Times With Weapons desu senpai

Well. I only still watch one of them and that is South Park.

But nothing beat watching Simpsons growing up. It was always just great coming home from school or whatever and seeing that it was on. Always put a smile on my face.

But I have almost no feelings towards it these days. I just look at Simpsons and I think nothing. Even for the older episodes. I don't think I will ever watch it again.

The Simpsons > Family Guy > King of the Hill > Futurama >>>>>>>>> Meme Park

Shit South Park is still watchable and sometimes funny and often relevant; Shit Simpsons is unfunny and insufferable. Also the Simpsons created/legitimized the irredeemably stupid father-figure meme that made up sitcom cancer like Everybody Loves Raymond, King of Queens, According to Jim and a host of others. It's like the Half-Life 2 of sitcoms. Pretty good but responsible for a slew of imitation and overall a detriment to mankind.

If you think curse words and people farting is funny, you'll say South Park.

They've literally had about a hundred episodes that were better

t. Pleb

>imitation
*tumorous imitations

Classic Simpsons > South Park > Zombie Simpsons

Anybody who says South Park has not graduated from high school.

A seven year period of virtual perfection > twenty years of mixed quality

>Simpsons has 7 good seasons and 21 bad seasons
>South park has 10 good and 10 bad

So why is The Simpsons better?

You're a faggot if you think seasons 3-10 of South Park weren't God-tier. Add to that the fact that as an overall show, South Park destroys Simpsons, and you're just plain wrong.

Best of Simpsons > Best of South Park

I would rather watch a random South Park episode than a random Simpsons episode.

>Anybody who says South Park has not graduated from high school.
Or just not childish enough to care whether or not a show is mature or not.

Because those 7 seasons are some of the funniest moments of television history.

Timeless jokes that entertain billions of people around the world to this day.

South Park's early seasons were hilarious at the time but now that I'm older I dont find them as funny.

>seasons 3-10 of South Park
>God-tier

Repeating the same hackneyed jokes over and over isn't all that funny though.

They're actually better now that they've moved away from nonsensical gross out humor to more topical stuff

People still watch classic simpsons, no one goes back and rewatches old south park

What jokes were repeated?

South Park today is just as relevant as ever. The Simpsons in its golden years left a bigger mark on pop culture, but nobody talks about it anymore.

>The Simpsons
>596 episodes
>109 writers
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_The_Simpsons_writers

>South Park
>267 episodes
>1 writer

This man is a god

>but nobody talks about it anymore.

This is important as we saw yesterday S20 of South Park gets announced and everyone loses their shit, they're trending on twitter and shit

Simpsons season 28 or 29 whatever it is, no one fucking cares

Both at their absolute peak, South Park doesn't even come close. I'm actually embarrassed for you if you find South Park funny.

Because the 10 good South Park seasons can't touch the 7 excellent Simpsons seasons. They're better written, funnier, more original, have better voice acting, have better animation, are cleverer, and are just an all-around better program to watch.

They're not "God-tier," a lot of it is good but a lot of it is shock humor for middle schoolers. Golden Age Simpsons never went that low, never pandered, and was never were preachy and obnoxious. As an overall show, The Simpsons is better than South Park.

A lot of South Park humor is immature so it doesn't appeal to me. I'm not trying to offend you by saying this, I'm just saying that at a certain age I grew out of poop jokes and South Park's writers and audience never did.

>South Park is more popular now, so it's better
Moronic opinion

>Terrance and Phillip FARTS AND CURSING, JUST LIKE THE SHOW YOURE WATCHING
>Cartman's mom is a slut
>Oh my god you killed Kenny
>Kyle's mom is a bitch
>Shelly calls them turds
>Everything Mr. Garrison (pre transition)
>Stan barfing on Wendy
Not to mention they got into a rut for a while and it turned into "rip on a celebrity each week" for a couple seasons

Golden age Simpsons is better than anyone's favourite South Park episodes. However, there are over 400 horrible Simpsons episodes and arguably only a handful of bad South Park episodes. It's a question of whether day old pizza is better than a turd with a small golden nugget hidden somewhere deep inside.

The simpsons has 7 good seasons and 21 bad

It is LITERALLY 75% bad content

What a shit show

>I'm just saying that at a certain age I grew out of poop jokes
I grew into them myself. Never really watched or cared for South Park as a kid. Only later.

SOUTH PARK

Ask people what they think about The Simpsons now:
>it's shit
>it should be put out of its misery

Ask people what they think about South Park now:
>the new season was good

Face it, South Park is simply the better show. I'm not a fanboy who only takes into account the "golden years." That's a pussy argument. South Park is far more consistent.

AHHHHHHHHHH

>over the age of 15
>finding south park funny
I seriously hope you only pick one

If we compare the seasons which in an ideal world would be the ones that existed (lets say best 8-10 seasons of each one) the simpsons. if we compare all the seasons created, south park. The simpsons have been bad more time that they have been good.

And what are you gonna do about it, butt breath?

Both are completely different shows now, South Park is now turning topics of the month into frivolous sci-fi lore with the same joke being repeated throughout and Simpsons is the tv equivalent to autopilot with technically worse animation than the Tracey Ullman shorts.

If I had to choose it would be South Park though, it at least gets people talking.

>simpsonsfag has no argument so resorts to assumptions
Kek trying a bit too hard to hold onto some life there, just like the show.

This is a gold thread, and I'm with the common sense answer that Simpsons was better in its time while South Park has had better overall consistency. This does make me realize however, what about the Simpsons format has allowed it to continue season after season while being out of touch for over a decade and a half? South Park continues to have good seasons (amid some pretty poor ones IMO) and Simpsons can't even retain its own style

Lol, we ccan make the same shit with THE SIMPSONS
- Homer doing something stupid, saying doh
- march been a grunting bitch grunting
- burns being evil greedin saying "excelent" and smithers being gay about him
- Nelson ha has
- skinner the tight ass vs bart the prankster
- bob trying to kill bart

Simpsons is liberal drivel, literal garbage shit out by idiots every other month.

It's not even a debate

Prime Simpsons is overrated as fuck.

South Park >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Old South Park has not aged well (little kids swearing, how novel!) and the new stuff is far too ripped-straight-from-the-headlines topical.

Classic Simpsons by a country mile. It's so damn rewatchable.

The golden age Simpsons episodes are so hard to top for me. Although I think South Park has more consistentcy with good episodes, I'll still have to pick The Simpsons. Those golden age episodes are just THAT good

If by old, you mean the first two seasons, I agree. The first two seasons of SP were trash. But everything after (especially seasons 4-11) is still great.

Nothing can touch The Simpsons season 1 - 9.

South Park wouldn't exist without The Simpsons.

Having said that, Trey and Matt have done a better job keeping fresh over 20 years than The Simpsons.

Simpsons
South parks is reddit

Simpsons in their prime > Current South Park > Old South Park >>>> (power gap) >>>> Zombie Simpson

Simpsons is the epitome of reddit television

This

8 is flawless

family guy seasons 1 & 2 > reddit the show with shock humour and the yellow people sitcom

w-woof

>Budget Simpsons
>better than actual Simpsons
B8

Simpsons had 9 good seasons and 14 shit ones.

South Park has been consistently good because Trey Parker and Matt Stone care about it and regret that they started selling out after season 1 so came back to focus on the show.

If South Park became as bad in its 10th-11th season as Simpsons was they woulda cancelled it

Prime Simpsons episodes still hold up while South Park has some good episodes that are dated as fuck due to the nature of the show.
Even so I think South Park is the better show due to consistency.

South Park has more good episodes overall, but it isn't as iconic as The Simpsons seasons 2 to 9.
I mean everyone remembers a lot of the olod simpsons episodes and iconic moments but South Park doesn't have that many iconic episodes aside from Scott Tenorman, Warcraft, Casa Bonita and a few others.

At last a level headed user. When i was a kid i thought toilet jokes were immature. Now i am very fond of scatological humor and appreciate the finesse it takes to make it work

Plus i hate Simpson's animation style/design. SP did it better

Is this Simpsons praise pure nostalgia? Like Seinfeld?

no, Seinfeld is actually good.

Nah, golden age episodes still hold up.

>tfw The Simpsons is objectively a bad show

Why couldn't it just end on Behind The Laughter?

"lol fart XD" can only be applied to the first season

Correct!

South Park 100%, it's brilliantly hilarious.
Who the fuck even watches the Simpsons?!

>some people in here would not fuck princess kenny

youtube.com/watch?v=sXQkXXBqj_U
disqusting

25yo nostalgiafags that liked Boyhood
They literally reminisce the times they watched Simpsons after school itt

but it took 12 years to make

kek'd

The Simpsons is one of those Prime race cars that exploded out of the starting gate and broke almost every record in the book, but then it sputtered and came crashing to a halt near the end.

South Park is the kind of beaten up car that started out slow and didn't get much faster, but it always remained consistent.

>and the newest season was based
>still having good episodes
>They're actually better now
>the new season was good
>South Park has been consistently good
>always remained consistent.

not an argument

This is the cartoon equivelant of Metallica vs. Megadeth.

One of them was vastly superior during its prime, but has since gotten so shit it Mars whatever good it once was, and currently has gone so far that it's produced more bad content than good.

The other, while not as good as its opponents prime, has stayed consistently good for as long as it's been around (and has much more likeable creators.)

The Simpsons in it's prime is the greatest show ever made. South Park rose right as The Simpsons was winding down. At a point South Park did become better. However, taking Peak seasons into account, The Simpsons still reigns king.

The Simpsons in it's prime is the greatest show ever made
I love this meme.

>protect my balls

South Park>American Dad>Family Guy>The Simpsons

This is the current ranking. You cannot disprove it. It is physically impossible.

bono deendoe :^)

South Park hasn't been funny for a while, but most people can't even remember when Simpsons was funny.

South Park

All the animation is done in house instead of being done by a bunch of koreans, 2 guys created it, write it, and do most of the voices, each episode is done in 6 days. South Park is just too good ad depicting real life.

I've never understood the appeal of simpsons, I like Futurama though.

South Park, and it's not even close.

At this point it's South Park.

Simpsons haven't had a good episode for over a decade now.