ITT: An artist's TRUE magnum opus

ITT: An artist's TRUE magnum opus

pure phase is better

Honestly this album is essential shoegaze, like on the same level as Loveless and Souvlaki

Honestly, I kid you not, I meant to post Pure Phase instead. When I searched my computer for the pic, I just saw a black image with "spiritualizedalbumcover" and submitted it. I didn't delete the thread b/c I like LGM more than Ladies and Gentlemen more

This is objectively correct

While I agree, this is the opinion of the majority user

Obviously LAGWAFIS

The Soft Bulletin

ITT: people who don't know what magnum opus means

Does it mean the artist's album with the highest RYM score?

The thread is for their TRUE opus, not the one that most people claim is

Literal moron.

Ahhh I didn't notice the "TRUE" subtext. Tbh this thread is just going to attract contrarians at best

Not a figurative one?

No, not a figurative one.

magnum opus
/ˌmaɡnəm ˈəʊpəs,ˈɒpəs/
noun
a work of art, music, or literature that is regarded as the most important or best work that an artist, composer, or writer has produced.

I know what it means. Read the OP again.

>I know what it means.
Clearly not. An artists "true" magnum opus would still be the one with the most critical acclaim and the one generally regarded as the best and most important.

What does everyone see in this album that I don't?

It sounds so bland and boring to me. What do you guys like about it exactly?
(honest question)

It's pretty overrated. The opener is the only great track.

I don't know why I have to explain this to you. Maybe you're not good with subtlety. The point of the thread is for telling off the majority for believing a particular album is an artist's best, when (in your opinion) there is a different, better one that isn't as widely acclaimed for whatever reason.

It took me a while to see the appeal of Lazer Guided Melodies. Now it's one of my favorite albums. If there actually is a sound for floating in space it's probably that.

I like both Pure Phase and Lazer Guided Melodies better than Ladies and Gentlemen We Are Floating in Space.

General comfyness of the early 00's alt rock sounds
Great lyrics
It's basically sounds like if OK Computer was a country album

Nah, Deceit is much better and more unique