Jimi Hendrix

Is he overrated? His licks are pretty simple, and his songs are pretty much just basic blues stuffs.

he thumbed the chords while playing the solo

why is it suddenly cool to hate Jimi Hendrix
people wouldn't be universally replicating and praising his sound if there wasn't anything to it

Yeah he's pretty standard once you consider how many people have copied him in the past 50 years.

no, dummy

he created guitar heroism

Terrible singer

He took inspiration from blues, rock n' roll and jazz in his playing. Greatest guitarist ever and you're a moron for thinking otherwise

FUCK I wish I wasn't a handlet

>Back in the late Sixties, there were few organists who could play like Jon. We shared the same taste in music. We loved Vanilla Fudge—they were our heroes. They used to play London's Speakeasy and all the hippies used to go there to hang out—Clapton, the Beatles—everybody went there to pose. According to legend, the talk of the town during that period was Jimi Hendrix, but that's not true. It was Vanilla Fudge. They played eight-minute songs, with dynamics. People said, "What the hell's going on here? How come it's not three minutes?" Timmy Bogert, their bassist, was amazing. The whole group was way ahead of its time. So, initially we wanted to be a Vanilla Fudge clone. But our singer, Ian, wanted to be Edgar Winter. He'd say, "I want to scream like that, like Edgar Winter." So that's what we were—Vanilla Fudge with Edgar Winter!

vanilla fudge is terrible and their cover of you really keep me holding on is the worst thing to ever happen to music. also they came out 68

Then Vanilla Fudge shared a stage with Zeppelin and everyone forgot about them forever

>their cover of you really keep me holding on is the worst thing to ever happen to music
Do you think you might be exaggerating a lot? It's pretty good. Maybe sounds a bit dated though.

>I was impressed by Hendrix. Not so much by his playing, as his attitude—he wasn't a great player, but everything else about him was brilliant. Even the way he walked was amazing. His guitar playing, though, was always a little bit weird.

Lying back with some red wine listening to Voodoo Chile right now. Comfy af.

>Voodoo Chile

good lad

live version is the best when he's fucked off LSD and arguing with his bassist

it's like a sober in a gadda da vidda but somehow the vocals achieve an unprecedented level of warbly somehow

>tfw the greatest guitarist of all time died at 27

what could have been

Go listen to Jimi live you faggot

Go listen/watch him Maui
I don't believe it's on YouTube but I'm sure it's on mail ru video. It's in 1970 and consists of songs that were going to be on his 4th album, pretty noticeable difference from his earlier stuff

It's a shame this man wouldn't get the recognition and praise from the majority of guitar players. I'm not saying I hate Hendrix, but I'd argue that Allan Holdsworth was as if not more influential and important.

Hendrix is iconic because of his sheer talent, there are better and more innovative players alive even right now