Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=1d4C1ZQKmw4
youtube.com/watch?v=MOY-jJeOeBk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Sup Forums BTTTTTTTTTFOOOOO

you all have to vote hillary now

expectations were low...

oh boy, it's been 7 seconds without a ghostbusters thread
thank you OP for posting something relevant to tv and films and not at all some pathetic obsession you have

You plebs wouldn't understand the symbolism that, oh wait not a BvS thread

inb4 someone spends hours trying to prove that they are lying about how well the ghostbusters action figures have sold.

>thank you OP for posting something relevant to tv and films and not at all some pathetic obsession you have

fucking leave anytime reddit nigger

>sony's big summer blockbuster cinematic universe kickstarter
>opens in 2nd place behind a movie that's been out for weeks
>5th place in second week
>not likely to break even on production costs, let alone marketing
>hurr these toys on clearance are selling its totally gonna make back a billion

There's not even a number
What were the expectations?

>"We could sell like 10 figures"
>"oh shit we sold 11 get the presses"

The toys have sold well. The classic Ecto-1 in particular is flying off the shelves.

The worst performers? The four female action figures have been pegwarming since release.

The toys are selling well. The women aren't selling at all

you got raped kid no amount of toys is making up for this shit movie

Mattel regularly lies about its sales to manipulate demand, its well known on /toy/

Didn't someone go to their local toy store and see the all the figures if the original cast and the ecto 1 were sold out but all the fembusters were collecting dust

The proff is that every single store has piles of them that havent moved since June

Just go to your local store and you'll see it. I have been toy hunting at about 80 differnt places that sell them since they came out and I always saw the same thing.

>80

Do you live in New York?

That's the only place I can imagine there'd be that many toy stores.

>Toys are gonna save this box office blunder.

They sold all 4 of them?

>"we actually sold a couple"

When was the last time a movie floundered this much to prove it was a "success"?

>premieres to only select reviewers and Feig has a personal Q&A after
>tons of GURL POWER headlines
>projected $50m opening weekend is strong!
>$46m is actually better than we hoped!
>We already have a sequel planned!
>They'll make a lot of money on the home video market!
>The toys are selling better than we expected!
These poor goalposts can't make a home for themselves.

Can't wait to see how they'll spin being #5 in the box office on their second weekend tomorrow

>we remade toys featuring the OG cast and a lot of people bought them
>now what are we going to do with all the toys no one bought for the remake?

>10 days in the box office
>only 100 million world wide

They bundled the new characters with the old characters.

>Louis Tulley figures sold out
>Cuntbusters on clearance shelves

that doesn't even mean anything, they still could be selling like absolute dogshit compared to Star Wars or Transformers toys and you can still make that clickbait claim

>Ghostbusters toys seles have exceeded expectations

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....
They've been on clearance for about a months now.
>Image very related.

That looks like "It's Pat!"

>sales projections near zero
>people buy a few figures
>"Exceeded Expectations"
Companies do this all the time. Low-ball their quarterly projections to look better when they (unsurprisingly) beat their estimates.

>implying I was going to vote for shillary

>they dont give sales or numbers just says "yup they sold well"

How asspained has Sony got to be that Paul Feig convinced them this idea would work and they put in fuck tons of money to see it happen?

It already made 122 million out of 144.

You shitlords are just in denial

Don't forget that there's a part two to this photo now.

>Domestic Total as of Jul. 24, 2016: $86,856,739

It was that racist chick that can't spell that created this mess and enable that pussy. If Rothman doesn't clean house after this debacle, Jar Jar is gonna get his vote of no confidence in him with the Sony board and usher in 1000 years of Sith rule.

Sony doesn't care about trying to squeeze an old failed property for money. They just want to try anything until something sticks.

>domestic

You mean like that one time Sony tried force feeding us a black Annie, and everyone around the world said no thanks.

>You shitlords are just in denial
Oh the ironing

>set expectations at 22
>hehehe let's draft the article for the press right now.

Without china and GB not really being a blockbuster franchise, it's going to be rough overseas

That's right Sister!

Only 278 million to go till they make a profit! Then who will be laughing Shitlords

You mean that Jew who is in charge of Spider Man and has literally no chance in hell of getting fired from her current position?

Black Annie was creepy as fuck, but not cause of the black people. It was basically a pro-surveillance propaganda.

Oh boy, Chickbusters might make it's own fucking budget back. Sony shills must be patting themselves on the back right about now. All it cost them was a franchises that might have actually started a cinematic universe if done right.

What I find amusing is that there are retards who think that Ghostbusters is a franchise comparable with Marvel and Star Wars.

This may be the best example of cucks falling on their social justice sword ever. Even if this movie somehow gets a sequel it would be scrapping the barrel to make a shred of real profit.

Had someone other than top cuck "voted most likely to get triggered" Paul Feig handled this Sony might be basking in a river of gold.

The competing idea was a fucking Max Landis script that would have flopped horribly like all his other recent films.

At least Feig films get decent reviews and make their money back. That is a much safer bet for Sony, not to mention that it sparked interest in the franchise.

youtube.com/watch?v=1d4C1ZQKmw4

>there are retards who think that Ghostbusters is a franchise

You mean like that Jewish Sony Studios Co-Chairm feminist Amy Pascal, who said in emails that she would sue Bill Murray if he continued to refuse doing Ghostubusters 3

youtube.com/watch?v=MOY-jJeOeBk

I suppose they could make an actual franchise out of it, just much smaller than Marvel. Let's say a trilogy with maybe two spin-offs and a cartton show. That's not impossible if you have the right people to do it. Of course Sony doesn't have them.

>le kids gave it a good rating on a rating website

most desperate, pathetic thing I've seen used to support a movie

I don't think it's a problem of having the right people but rather that no one in their right mind would want to make a Ghostbusters remake or sequel.

Directors that are talented enough to make something better than the original have enough common sense to know it's a bad idea to even try.

>directors that are talented... have enough common sense

two things that do not describe Hollywood directors, mate

There are plenty of good Hollywood directors and most of them go to making their own personal projects as soon as they have the chance.

>It already made 122 million out of 144.

But you need to make 3x budget to be a success. Old Hollywood proverb. Double the budget just to recoup the budget because of the cinemas' take (especially when counting international numbers), then another time the budget to recoup the marketing.

Math and proverbs are tools of the patriarchy used to patronize, belittle, and alienate the feminine power.
Fuck off cis scum.

90% of the sales are to faggots that shove them up their ass

>shitlords

Back to tumblr with you.

I'm already steeling myself for when this shitpile movie's worldwide box office limps across the $144m budget mark in a week or two and tumblr proclaims it a victory.

You mean in two days when they input more foreign markets.

>empty theatre
>I'm gonna see it 4 times!!!

Jesus these aren't even fake. I'd expect some mention of ppl taking their wife's kids to see it.

This is pretty fucking bad for Sony

I'd put some blame for this on Will Smith and his wife. Forced attempt at a vehicle for their daughter but I think she saw how much ppl hated Jaden and chickened out

>sparked interest in the franchise
>5th place second week
>already out of IMAX
>thinking Paul Feig's gynocentric comedy could carry a 144 million dollar film

Yeah a whole lotta thought went into that.

I just can't deal with this theme. New hulk movie when.