Why did people hate Nolan's batmobile?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IGPKtfwPc14
youtube.com/watch?v=s4t2mfaaZFw
youtube.com/watch?v=x5fX4quv7fw
youtube.com/watch?v=oJ-_sj9jUIM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Strawman.

Either discuss what you like or dislike about it, don't worry about others.

Cus it was a tank, I liked it nonetheless, but it certainly wasn't a Batmobile.

This guy knows his shit.

>le metaphor for American response to 9/11 man

Literally no one hated it.
You're describing literally NO ONE EVER.

youtube.com/watch?v=IGPKtfwPc14

>m-muh iconic design

please stop. ur the reason hollywood wants to shove anything nostalgia-inducing down everyone's throats.

The where people though. They're same people who're always saying 'NOT MUH JOKER' despite Heath being the best rendition to date.

Overall, the Batmobile is one of those artifacts of Batman, not unlike the 1930's circus strongman "capes and underwear on the outside of tights" he and Superman wear.

Practically, Batman would want to use nondescript vehicles like cargo vans or silenced motorcycles to get from Wayne Manor or a downtown penthouse instead of a conspicuously branded vehicle.

It's one of the primary thing we associate with Batman (like the Millennium Falcon for Han Solo) when really it's the Batwings that tend to make more of a tactical difference, and Batmobiles just get trashed and fail to make a difference.

Okay, well there's a lot of 12 years with computers, so just learn how to find your center and block out the retardation in your life.

also, no one said bat tank sucked that was in anyways a fan of anything but the orginal bat car from the 70's

I was fine with it in the TDK. When it did the flying shit in TDKR it became too much. Plus the whole movie was fucking bad which probably made me think less of basically everything in it.

>When it did the flying shit in TDKR it became too much.

The Tumbler and the Bat are two completely different vehicles. I hope you were trolling, enjoy your (You)

Its too wide.

>makes Robin drive him around in an unmarked van while he beats up muggers since the scatmobile is in the shop

FUND THE ARC

Way to cut through the bullshit user

>literally Tumblr

probably because it wasn't a custom made car, it was just him taking a military prototype. Anyone who had a hand in its development shouldve figured out pretty quickly someone higher up in Wayne Enterprises was involved with Batman

youtube.com/watch?v=s4t2mfaaZFw

I don't hate it. but it looks like, put some red highlights on it here and there and it's something brotherhood of NOD mooks would drive around in, not batman.

This guy was just an accountant who saw missing numbers, I'm talking about the literal team of engineers and workers who had a hand in making this thing and seeing their work on the 10 o clock news. It was a dumb choice if he was trying to remain anonymous

>m-muh attempt at trivializing valid points with muh meme-speak

Fuck off you shitposting retard. The batmobile has had a drastically different design in every iteration, but it always looked and felt like a batmobile. There is no one true iconic design, but the designs are always sleek and stylized. The tumbler is none of these things. It's literally just a tank/military apc. Even in TDKR when he's actually driving a tank with treads and canons, it still feels and looks like a batmobile because if the stylized design and bat elements.

Those Waynetech employees were all loyal. At most, there's what, 10-15 people on Lucius' team who have to keep quiet? I'm sure they all have great compensation packages and NDA agreements that would sue them into oblivion.

>Heath being the best rendition to date

Oh please. He barely laughed, stole his voice and demeanor from Tom Waits, and his twitchy lipsmacking tick gimmick was cringeworthy as fuck. Cesar is still the only good on screen Joker.

Why did he use his Batman voice around Fox when he was in the suit?

they are all under NDAs and hush hush contracts from wayne security/military contracts anyway. they wouldn't be able to say anything.

Shut the fuck up. Original Batcar from the 70s? Are you referring to the 60s television show or the batmobile from the 70s comics? Or perhaps you're referring to the batmobile design from the fucking superfriends cartoon. It's clear you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

A lot of people had issue (for a wide number of reasons) with the tumbler when it came out. Obviously you don't know that because you were still in diapers at the time.

Stop posting.

dude I dont even watch superhero flicks u mad LMAO kys nerd

>merely pretending

Reddit is a few doors down summer.

>more shitposting memespeak

Why even bother responding? At first you were just wrong and slightly retarded. Now you're wrong and like double retarded with more than one person laughing at your expense.

how did he never smash the tires when smashing through stuff

Would you trash a job working on super high tech cool shit, while getting paid tons more than you could make anywhere else?

>>literally Tumblr
ahem

i wonder if nolan went with tumbler simply because his obsession with muh plausible comic book hero

or did he fully realize that it's impossible to compete with THE batmobile and simply tried something else

I kind of like the Batmobile. It looks like some kind of speedy military vehicle, which makes sense.

>"he barely laughed"

arguments these days can't get any better than this

literally NOT a straw man. OP didn't even make an argument, he asked a question as a primer for discussion on a perceived commonplace stance on specific subject. YOUR comment, however, is bordering on a straw man. get educated, son, before you jump into the water like you can swim.

Are you implying I'm wrong? He laughed like twice in the entire movie. and only managed to come close to a maniacal joker laugh one of those times. He made zero jokes and hardly laughed. He's the fucking joker.

I don't remember people hating it. Most people thought it was badass.

The amount of laughing does not say is someone "a good Joker". I bet that Leto will laugh all the time without any real reason at all for the laugh, that will not make him a "good" Joker automatically.
The Joker shouldn't be a two dimensional character that only cracks jokes and laughs for no reason.

And you are over exaggerating when you are saying he made zero jokes and hardly laughed.
Everytime he spoke he was either roasting someone or the situation itself, not every joke has to be in the same direct verbal joke form,

And I bet that if you typed "Heath Ledger laugh" you will find enough laughs for your laugh meter which doesn't mean shit

get some taste before posting here

I had this toy. one of the best shits ever. I didn't have the one on returns though :(

His entire character is constantly joking laughing and otherwise goofing off in serious situations. Ledgers Joker was hardly Joker at all.

Turn 18 before posting here. Ledgers plagiarized performance of the Joker is over rated as fuck because of kids like you who think the nolan movies are gospel.

>adapting a persona based on a real person
>plagiarism

Who the fuck even are you?

so you want to see the same Joker over and over again eh?

every Joker should be his own character, not aiming to be as good as the last one.

The same reason people bitch about everything in any live action incarnation of superheroes.

It doesn't fit their autistic headcanon, so it's automatically trash

because it's called THE TUMBLER everyone

>BRING ME THE BAT
Probably the most chilling line delivered in the movie

>so you want to see the same Joker over and over again eh?

No, just one that's true to the character. In animation, John Dimaggio, Micheal Emerson, and Mark Hammil all had quite different takes on the Joker while still remaining true to his character. So far Cesar is the only live action Joker that even attempted to do so. Nicholson was Nicholson in bad latex, and Ledger was a moody whiny anarchist character.

>adapting a persona based on a real person

He didn't adapt his persona based off Tom Waits, he just straight up copied his voice.

Idiotic post.
>gospel
Who, pray tell, ever implied that?

You hardly have an argument besides a basic "Team Edward ftw!!" reasoning.

Stupid design. It's literally asking for a flat tire.

You and every other young millenial who thinks Ledgers Joker was "good".

>You hardly have an argument besides a basic "Team Edward ftw!!" reasoning.

What the fuck does this even mean you retard? I hardly have an argument? Ledgers Joker is nothing like the Joker in any previous portrayal. He acts uncharacteristically and lacks all of his character traits aside from his physical appearance. I.E. Not a good Joker. Just like Bane in Batman and Robin was a terrible Bane, Joker in The Dark Knight is a terrible Joker.

tl;dr You're a fucking idiot with no idea what he's talking about.

I've seen every episode (and the movie) of the Adam West series. While Gorshin is epic as the Riddler, all I can literally remember about Romero is he refused to shave his mustache and him chortling "Hoo hoo hoo hoo!"

On its own I liked it.

Just hated the rooftops scene. Something that large and armored would've gone through a few floors, not smoothly landing on the shingles.

youtube.com/watch?v=x5fX4quv7fw

youtube.com/watch?v=oJ-_sj9jUIM

I don't recall seeing much of him in the TV show, but I know he shaved his stache for the movie.

Ledger's laugh was GOAT tbqh famalam.

>young
Comical.
You are the embodiment of the typical contrarian who frequents this site.
Do you really think an interpretation of the joker is set in stone?
It's as if you need your favorite pacifier to keep you calm or else you'll completely lose yourself and fly into an autistic tantrum.

>it's 2016 and people are still asking why Batman is using a tank