I smashed out the screen on this old tv to see how it works and I found that it has 3 lights. The lights are red, green...

I smashed out the screen on this old tv to see how it works and I found that it has 3 lights. The lights are red, green, and yellow so how is this tv able to make all the colors? Shouln't it be using red, green, and blue like LED tv's do? Or am I missing something here Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=evQsOFQju08&ab_channel=Vsauce
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

tl:dr red, blue, and green make all the colors so how can this tv do it with red, yellow, and green

Are you for real?

yes

cum on it

its a dlp. dot line projector tv.

You might be colorblind. The "green" one is actually blue

so that allows it to not follow tri color theory?

It is green and if it wasnt green that would still make no sense because the three colors are red green and blue

red, blue, and yellow are for paint mixing not light mixing

precisely. also, you might be wise to look for information elsewhere.

thanks

Yes, you're missing something.

It's a rear projection tv and It looks like the top projection light is white. It may have had a lens originally to make it blue.

It can only be red green blue as in those days analogue tv only transmitted in RGB.

-actual tv repairman.

youtube.com/watch?v=evQsOFQju08&ab_channel=Vsauce

Theres a vsauce for almost any scientific question.

hmm it still looks yellow to me

you dont need to "make it blue" if your eyes percieve the color blue from the light hitting your retina. Those three colors can be mixed to fool our eyes into believing color is there... when its just a mathematical reality of light and the perception of color...

in tri color theory, which all tv's use, you only have half of the palet with red, green, and yellow

That's for paint dumbass
Light has different primary colors

RBG is for light

Cyan, yellow, magenta, and key (black) are for paint.

all you need to do is adjust the intensity of the yellow low enough to push the color emitted into a zone of uncertainty it into the area of the blue circle... thats enough for our eyes to percieve blue where there is none, because according to the wavelength of light hitting my retina it cant be anything but blue.

But why wouldnt they have just used a blue light instead of a yellow one?

if you need a simple explaination of why this happens watch the vsauce video up here

cost or maybe the screen brightness... blue lights probably couldnt produce the required intensity to also be visibly bright. With LCDs our limits were back lights, and with LEDs the only limit is the LED itself. Flat panels mix true color while older tvs are only engineered to work and fool our eyes...