Political ideology and musical taste

Does a person's political ideology play a role in their taste in music?

I appear to be the only leftist i know that doesn't like folk or indy rock

90% of musicians that don't suck lean Left, and I'm Right as fuck, so no, not in the slightest

i can tolerate lefties as long as they don't listen to rap

who the fuck are GOOD some Right Wing musicians?

Toby Keith? Five Finger Death Punch? Rush? Ted Nugent? Neil Young? Kid Rock? Lynyrd Skynyrd?

Only good ones I could think of are Kate Bush, Iggy Pop, Styx, and the Beach Boys.

kek. nice try throwing neil young in there like we wouldn't notice

Iggy pop is a leftie and Beach Boys' members are a mix of political opinions, Brian being more left leaning than the rest of then (not so much).
I would say Led Zeppelin is the best right wing band.

Led Zeppelin are utter shit. No wonder they're right wing.

>Does a person's political ideology play a role in their taste in music?
To a varying extent, yes

>I appear to be the only leftist i know that doesn't like folk or indy rock
You don't know many people

>Rush

Johnny Rebel

Johnny Hobo would fuck Johnny Rebel up

Boyd Rice

Death in june, burzum, drudkh, currenr 93

Generally black metal and neofolk are pretty right wing

James Brown, Alice Cooper, Zappa, Clapton, Roxy Music (only for Ferry though), Iron Maiden (I don't know about the rest, but Bruce is), Joy Division (Curtis voted Thatcher, may have been a one-off, but that's a punk voting Thatcher, it's worth noting), the Misfits, Johnny Ramone
Neil Young did half-support Reagan tbf

they're all old and don't release new relevant music of course they're conservative #owned

I don't think that it plays a very big part at all. Overtly political lyrics can turn you off of an artist though. I guess OP is implying that the mellower genres are leftist... hmm...

I don't really care if my political values influenciate me, I think I can still enjoy a lot of music through the political spectrum. Politic shouldn't be a major factor on enjoying music, IMHo, I think there are more music centered factors like composotion and progression that define more my enjoyment. Listening to LRD and Alice Cooper on the same week.

>influenciate

I don't understand why you want to listen to certain music for political reasons. Can't you just enjoy music? And just because some bands or artists are left or right winged, doesn't mean they put that into their music.

>ESL

When there was a music industry it was ran by a people who leaned left with an agenda to promote liberal ideology. Right leaning artists were dismissed unless they were truly exceptional.

But it's all over now. When did you last buy an album? Listening free on Spitify doesn't count. When did you last attend a live show? Viewing a live performance on YouTube doesn't count. When did you last buy merch? Rock n Roll tees from Wal-Mart or hot topic doesn't count. There is no music industry. It's all vanity now.

As long as overt political lyrics are not part of the music I don't really care that most artists are left-leaning. I respect artists that keep that shit separate from their music.

what makes kate bush and bruce dickinson right-wing?

Clapton, Frank Zappa, the Joy division guy and the Ramones are/were all right wing

I think Vannila Ice is too

Lou Reed, 80's Lennon, Freddy Mercury and David Bowie were closeted right wing

>In an interview with Sarah Montague for BBC's HARDtalk, Dickinson agreed with Montague's description of himself as a conservative and a eurosceptic.
Bush said she likes Theresa May, but she doesn't seem like she necessarily plants her feet firmly in one political outlook

I've always thought there's a correlation, but no causation
I'm literally ancap, and most of the artists I like are left

Judas Priest, since rob halford is pretty well-known to be very right leaning