Unpopular Opinions Thread

ITT post your unpopular musical opinions

>The Gift is the best song on the album and Sister Ray is only okay

That may be unpopular but it's sort of true. I wouldn't say The Gift is the best song but it's okay, album is a 3/5 anyway. Fucking coke mix.

>None of these albums is more than a 3.5/5

Uh, VU&N is one of the greatest albums of all time, you're right about the other four though, three of them are 3.5 and DSOTM is a 3 at best

originally I thought it would be cool to hear Sister Ray on the radio, then one day I heard Sister Ray on the radio and it turned out to not be especially cool

90s, 00s, 10s bleeps > rock

Nico's vocals grind me in a not very pleasant way. Sunday Morning, Heroin and maybe one or two more (a stretch) I would consider really good songs but that's about it. The aesthetic is cool and all but I just can't man...

That's not an unpopular opinion.

bach is the most overrated composer of all time

goldberg variations and the art of the fugue are garbage, overplayed, and emotionally vacuous compositions

Kendrick Lamar is over rated as fuck and propped up by legions of white teenagers, pitchfork drones and early 20-something college kids

Yeah it is.

Start a thread for the best of each decade and see how much of its bleeps vs rock

You take that fucking Bach... he he..

BACH IS DADDY

French Suites are GOAT.

Idk why but I love Nico's voice in TVU&N
I just love german chicks in general

Pretty much. Section 80. and good kid M.a.a.d City are both decent, if not filler-ridden hip-hop albums but TPAB, UU, and DAMN are bloated, sloppy, and middling respectively

EPs > LPs

why are people trying to perpetuate this myth that he doesn't have a largely black following and that that doesn't contribute to his gigantic image. He sure is overrated though.

The issue is that you're looking at rock and electronic music as some sort of dichotomy. Practically everyone here agrees rock hasn't been creative or innovative in decades unless they incorporate electronic instruments.

i really think this is the worst album (not counting squeeze) from vu's discography. it's far from bad and have their best song (sister ray) but the gift is such a burden to listen more than once

vu&nico>vu>loaded>wlwh

Pharoah Sanders > John Coltrane
There are Solo Nico albums which are better than TVU & N.
Kendrick Lamar is boring but hip hop is still great

OP I agree!!! The Gift > Sister Ray > White Light/White Heat > the rest is filler

>TVU&N
>Not a 9/10

listen to solo Nico on Marble Index and maybe you'll get it?

I feel like this completely depends on the genre. Punk, shoegaze and hip hop for example thrive on EPs, where as the album is a must for genres like prog or jazz.

Come to think of it, I probably haven't even listened to a prog or jazz EP ever.

>listen to solo Nico on Marble Index and maybe you'll get it?

Will do. Great album btw. Karma is amazing AYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEYEEYIEIYEIYEIYEIYEY

LOYALTY. is a nice song

Mask Off is overrated and I don't get this meme

The Sun's Tirade is my favorite album of 2016 and it's almost 10/10

TakeOff is the best of migos

there is no shit taste, just taste

>None of these albums is more than a 3.5/10

LOVE was a great trak and I don't even like Drake

SNTS is simply the best live performer of our generation. No other artist or band has even came close to what he/she is doing.