I'll just leave this here

I'll just leave this here.

>hot leaving this too

Check and mate.

>I only agree with the masses

around 20k of those votes (in both cases, 10s for the former, 0s for the latter) popped up before anyone could've possibly seen the movie.

>I only agree with people paid to promote a movie one way or the other

people are paid to spam tens where ever they can, yo.

>Fans of the game leaving good reviews no matter what
>Angry men leaving shit reviews because muh womens

>433m worldwide
>hot
Not bad considering the reviews. It'll definitely make some profit because it's mostly a Chinese production(smart move Metzen or whoever the fuck)
It was definitely better than Ghostbusters 2016 what a shit show

it was a typo

>not leaving this too

>genuinely liked Warcraft
>it probably won't get a sequel

shit feeling

whats really fun about the whole warcraft/legendary/wanda thing is the chinese government (which is made up of the same people as wanda and other chinese consortium) opted to pocket the movie taxes rather than disperse them back into legendary.

I was hoping it'd lead to animated OW movie. RIP

$433,058,090 total gross for warcraft

$220,841,090 of that was from china

is ghostbusters really expected to do as well without china?

I fear the days when movies are made just to appease Chinese audiences

They also own AMC theaters and are one of the largest theater owners in the world. They're gonna back up a sequel no matter what considering it grossed so much in China(as a new movie franchise) China is apparently going to be number 1 in cinema sales by 2018

It'll get sequel for sure. Its practically setting up for it.

Blizzard will simply ignore the critics next time.

Is that why wide-screen became so big?

reminder the audience rating in RT is NEVER wrong

I hope you're right. I know it's a dumb way to describe a movie, but it felt so comfy. I think Jones did a really good job aside from the pacing and Garona's terrible acting.

>mfw Ghostbusters dropped over 50% in its second week box office and is a guaranteed failure

>fat, retarded audiences know better than professional critics that dedicate themselves to study and watch film

The problem I had with the movie was the Garona romance thing and the pacing. I think they cut too much from the final release to make it into the allotted time. I hope the BD release gives more uncut version for proper movie.

I think it will include most of the deleted scenes, but sadly no director's cut.

I was pleasantly surprised by Garona other than the scene where she's like "he wishes to lie with me, you would be injured" talking to Khagdar. She wasn't bad compared to Dominic Cooper, OR Medivh who somehow managed to fuck the characters over eventhough Ben foster is a great actor. Miscast for sure.

But this time the "professionals" didn't study the lore.

>I fear the days when movies are made just to appease Chinese audiences

Better than back when movies were made to appeal to Americlap audiences.

There was no Garona romance thing. They didn't even show the deleted sex scene. They didn't even kiss in the movie. It would be a one night stand, if you consider them fucking. There was no romance.

Why would anyone care about the lore? Movies like these are supposed to work as standalone products.

That's nice and all, but the point you're missing is all the legal embezzling in the world doesn't change the fact warcraft, on paper, did not make back the money put into it, on any level.

except the level where they actually made money right?

>did not make back the money put into it

Worst case scenario they spend 300 million on production and marketing, and the film made 400 million. So it made money.

Comparing Warcraft against G2016 is silly though. To the foreign market, Warcraft is this fancy super high budget blockbuster with super cool CGs and visual treats. This is a big deal to foreign markets (China especially) since their own movie industry don't have the resources to do this sort of stuff, so something like Warcraft (and even Transformers) is a big deal to them.

Meanwhile, to them, Ghostbusters is just some remake of an old movie and I don't know about Europe but in Asia, Ghostbusters was just a moderate hit so you're not going to get a lot of nostalgia/ dedicated fans in the first place. It simply doesn't have as much appeal to them.

Ghostbusters seems to have done well in most foreign markets. The only real difference is that Warcraft made 220 fucking million in China while GB is not getting released there.

Without China WC would be seen as a major flop.

You forgot that China has a HUGE warcraft/mmo market. This isn't a random hit, it's a real market for fantasy mmo movie.

and theaters get at least half the gross

Don't kid yourself, GB wasn't that big in China and American comedies don't do well there. GB wouldn't do well even if it opened in China.

Also

Warcraft was a disaster.

What a stiff, soulless movie

>China has a HUGE warcraft market

I like how this is the one and only instance where blizzdrones will acknolwedge the fact 90% of wow subscriptions are chinese. Problem is, though, each chink wow player has at least 4 accounts.

>and theaters get at least half the gross

If the gross was 100 million then the studio makes 50 million. Not a lot but better than nothing.

>It'll get sequel for sure.
It made mostly foreign money so no it will not.

Those megahits in china like Furious 7 have a domestic pull of over 300 million.

You're confusing gross and net. Maybe you shouldn't talk about concepts of which you clearly have zero understanding.

It's a CGI-heavy movie with some action, it would have made some money there, at least more than in any of the other foreign markets.

China restrictions it the only major obstacle right now for the franchise. Unless you give it to Pixar or something.

>It'll get sequel for sure. Its practically setting up for it.
The issue is that it made far less money than they expected. If they want to make a sequel, they are likely to actually CUT the budget to lower risks. And that could have a detrimental effect on the franchise, if people watch it for the special effects.

>and theaters get at least half the gross

I didn't mentioned net profit, the other user was the one who said gross.

>CGI-heavy
Only towards the end. Most of the movie was Feig's idea of 'humour'. And the actresses have even lesser audience there. The 'some money' it made wouldn't mean much to the franchise. If the chinese audience wants a supernatural comedy they're familiar with, they've got HK (and Taiwan) to cater to that.

That's China for you

they will plod on ahead with their stiff action franchise, with greater emphasis on marketing in china.

They don't care that westerners find it boring, as long as they make a profit.

welcome to the future, where we don't matter.

How did it score more than BvS?

Underrated post.

We're just going to have to accept that RT is biased, and that it will be just another review website we throw in to aggregate an accurate rating.

One was heavily politicized, the other wasn't.

>Only towards the end

There are CGI ghots all through the movie. It's only towards the end they go crazy with it. It would have been easy to market the movie as an action spectacle with cool CGI.

i live in argentina and went to see Florence last night, just out of curiosity, with my gf we checked out the seats for ghosbusters.

it was fucking empty.

>How did it score more than BvS?

Because it's a better movie, it has a coherent script and likable characters.

Both did pretty bad critically, but BvS at least made more than triple it's budget in revenue.

Right, for the first few days and then the chinks start saying it's not funny on weibo and baidu and you get a sharp drop. It's about time you lot realise that china isn't some panacea for your box office revenue problems.

Nigga if you wanna know this shit google it.

>British biopic with Meryl Streep

That sounds awful.

also the fembusters are being compared to a movie with superman and batman.

do we even need to argue over the reason why BvS made more money?

Batman v Superman was expected to make at least 1 billion my fellow DCuck.

If you read the GB reviews, they're all pretty negative, but they all say "but feminism adds just enough points to make this review positive! GIRL POWER!!"

You don't know what the Chinese find funny, although I think they would probably want something far more crazy.

It's because DC fans are still asspained about that shit so they have to bring it up constantly, even in threads where it has nothing to do with the subject at hand.

More than you do.

>they would probably want something far more crazy
That you say this is further prove since you don't even know of some of the bullshit supernatural comedies Hong Kong have done. Oh, and featuring stars the chink actually care about.

>More than you do.

So what do you know about the Chinese audience? Also you seem to give way too much important to that shitty island, are you a Chink from HK?

At first they were like
>It's not doing well because manchildren and women haters!
And now they're like
>Also China! It would have been fine if it actually opened in China!

Man, the extend that Ghostbusters defenders will go in denying how shit the movie is... hilarious.

Hey, me too.

And it will. Trust me.

>give way too much important to that shitty island
Thanks for further proving my point. If you actually know about the entertainment industry in china, you'd know that Hong Kong, Taiwan and and Mainland cooperate with each other when it comes to producing movies, tv etc. There is no 'giving too much importance to that shitty island' because HK's entertainment industry is tied to chink's. That's just how it is. Celebs/ directors etc from Hong Kong AND Taiwan regularly go over to mainland for a bunch of projects and all 3 have fans and vice versa. It's normal.

>professional critics
>in 2016

There's MAYBE 10 left that are worthy to be called film critics. It's just a bunch of bloggers and 'nerd' sites like IGN.

I am sorry for insulting your homeland. And I know that China cooperates with outside studios although I don't know that much about Taiwan or Hong Kong, but I have seen a few movies from those islands which is why I think those audiences would expects far more crazy shit.

>There's MAYBE 10 left that are worthy to be called film critics

>theaters get half the grosse
>ignores the fact that Wanda owns most of the theaters in the world
It's a win/win situation

>Critics

Not even once. Nobody is better suited to critique anything for you, but you yourself.

It's a silly concept.

Wew I had no idea it didn't improve past 47m domestic

know nothing about warcraft except it probably catered to kissless virgins like you and you probably watched some pirated version so that domestic number seems accurate

I don't think I've heard ONE person on Sup Forums mention how fucking stupid it is that Chris Helmsworth is featured on the poster right among the ghostbusters. Where is Janine on the original posters? What desperation