Am I the only one who's hyped for the reboot?

Am I the only one who's hyped for the reboot?

Probably
Netflix is shit at rebooting tv series.

naw lot of people are, day has a big following. she was on supernatural and all.

netflix just gives them money, you know that right? they're not directors...

And it was pretty shitty of Joel to pull this after raising almost 6 million.

This was before they got the deal with Netflix. Before they got the deal, they needed the money to make it independently, especially to pay for movie rights. Netflix is just a venue for them to hold the new series. The funds raised also proved to potential venues like Netflix that there was an audience for a reboot.

Why does the logo look like a space testicle?

because it's a space testicle...

I always thought it was Silly String shaped into a sphere and spray painted so that's what give it the testicle tecture.

It's still leaving those that donated to the original campaign high and dry, while any netflix subscriber can get the same thing for 10 bucks a month.

Not really, the backers will still get their prizes. If anything it's a lose for the makers of the show.

5000 people donated 35 bucks just to get the first episode. Only one episode. And hell, to get all of them, you need to donate 85 dollars. I'd be pretty salty about the netflix deal crappy t-shirt or not.

I am hyped for the threads about how it sucks and the ensuing drama.
It's extremely improbable this will be a decent show.

Yes

Looks horrid

You get the actual files of the episodes. Also, it written at the start of the campaign that Joel was going to shop the series around to different networks.

MST3k isn't just some fucking joke that can be re-booted on Joel's whim. For a lot of us, MST3k was our childhood. Our teens. I, for one, spent countless night's at my aunt's country home watching it with her. Those are some of my fondest memories, and I know that almost everyone who is a MSTie has similar stories and feelings. Even to this day I put on MST3k via YouTube or the few DVDs I have. I'll go to sleep watching them or simply have them on for some comfy background noise. This new shit looks abysmal. It's lacking heart and soul, something that made the original series stand out among the rest of the drivel. No one could have predicted it lasting 10 seasons, but it did. I guarantee this shit lasts one season on Netflix and dies the horrible death it should.

Fuck Joel, Mike was always the best.

>Joel
Just download rifftrax like normal people

I'd rather have more Cinematic Titanic.

No. The original is reddit-tier faggotry. It's just a bunch of nerds making bad jokes and puns over shitty movies.

>I guarantee this shit lasts one season on Netflix and dies the horrible death it should.

Dunno about that. Netflix has only canceled like 4 of their shows, while renewing stuff like Fuller House before season 1 even aired. Marco Polo costs them a fortune and doesn't seem that popular yet they haven't canceled it either.

>show hasn't even premiered yet
>user is complaining already
nice b8

I am cautiously optimistic. Rifftrax is already great though, so there's no real risk here.

I don't need to see it, you fucking moron.

>Felicia Day
>A gay, a numale, and a nigger as the riffers
>Mike not writing

It's going to be fucking terrible. Thank the lord Jesus Christ that we still have Rifftrax.

>Mike not writing
This is the main reason it will be shit.

What exactly is with the massive fucking rift and bad blood that seems to exist between Mike and his buttbuddies and Joel and his? Is it entirely based around petty political shit?

I don't know about this Jonah Ray guy.

He just has the look of a guy who will inject nothing but leftist agenda into his jokes, at the expense of actually making it funny, and from what I heard of the little event they did, that's exactly what he did.

I am PRAYING the jokes stay subtle and light.

I really dont need aggressive attempts and contrived banter set ups.

please just keep it simple and silly.

I mean just look at this fucking guy.

That's the face of a terrible person. He looks toxic.

It's hard for me to imagine he is going to be good.

>political shit
No, as far as I can tell Mike is the only conservative in the entire group. All of the others posts on twitter are liberal except for Joel and Trace who never really mention politics at all.

Bill and Kevin are going to be in the reboot apparently.

Look at the new cast. This never had a chance. DOA

>from what I heard of the little event they did, that's exactly what he did
I went to reunion show live in Minneapolis. He was horrible and didn't fit with the style of anyone else. He wasn't getting many laughs. He and Joel riffed together in a segment and it was the low point of the night, which doesn't give me much faith in the new series.

I wonder what movies they will select, I hope they find some old obscure ones, because even if the reboot is bad, it might get people online talking about funny B movies at least.

(the bad guys in the movies show up)
riffer: "Oh no its Gamergate!"

You're not far off

I backed the Kickstarter (nb4 cuck). So yeah. I want to see what my money was put into.

Anybody complaining about the show going to Netflix missed the part of the Kickstarter where Joel said he was trying to make something happen like that.

I read an article that said they will be B-Movies. I'm hoping they do From Hell It Came. That's one they wanted to do back in the day, but never got around to it for some reason.

Frank on fb thought he did a good job, so I'm going to watch with an open mind. Considering 3 of the writers from the original series are participating, I'm sure they will guide the new writers in the MST3K ways.

You fucking cuck.

Not at all surprised. I don't think he would fit the tone of the show just by the look of his fucking face. He's coming from a completely different place.

In all seriousness, I'm expecting this Jonah Ray guy to reduce it all to this.