youtube.com/watch?v=DQ8hd184w08
youtube.com/watch?v=_wpDbI1gca0
youtube.com/watch?v=zHU43NyRmwg
youtube.com/watch?v=8RXmHmIgmYQ
youtube.com/watch?v=YivCnFkjd8U
youtube.com/watch?v=kKqoNrZ00Bg
youtube.com/watch?v=cyrnGYee4ls
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

god tier. Damnation and a Day was phenomenal as well.

Ah, looks like I'll have to order the actual CD. Interesting.

check out the entire discography on Spotify and decide

Midian and Nymphetamine sandwich the album you listed. I enjoyed those two the most, so far. Will have to investigate your suggestion

Sirius by Alan Parsons Project

youtube.com/watch?v=qHz-kDEMKN0

On Amazon Prime Music, nice

I like shit that sounds like a bad guy's hideout music
Epic ominous sounds

I've been watching the Tool music videos lately. That shit makes my brain tilt.

faggot english teacher music

m.slashdot.org/story/323029

AWOLnation

youtube.com/watch?v=i3ACTY5i8k8

You guys obviously need help deciding what is actualy good

kek

I find that very rich coming from an Opeth fan.

Guys. I need a fantasy team named. Uncutfag Smegma is already taken. 20 character maximum including spaces.

lookingthroughsheets.bandcamp.com/album/centurion

elemental95.bandcamp.com/album/--14
woah

At least their earlier stuff, I thought it was safe to assume everyone would forget that they are still making music and about the lat few albums. But go ahead and disregard this is a thread about ALBUMS.

Moldy Santorum

youtube.com/watch?v=aHHJ4T37UKw

Dicks Without Balls

Inhalent Abusers

Then let's regard their early albums: What places Blackwater Park on a pedestal ten miles higher than the one Twilight of the Thundergod sits on?

That pic you should of declared the U.H.F ost ya fuckwit.

Here ya go plebs

Overpaid Pilladdicts

Perranna Dentists?

I would but it would give me hella feels and I'd prolly kms, not dissing the music but I can only listen to damnation and a day without getting those feels

Are you serious, idk things like depth and skill come to mind

>Still posting to keep thread going

youtube.com/watch?v=WbLEYQo98t0

Man that pussy ass nigger metal bullshit. Danni filths a cum rag fucking Mary poppins sounding mother fucker

How about this

youtube.com/watch?v=jv5_PtpgaUc

Put "depth" and "skill" to actual definitions. Pretend you understand anything about musical theory or composition and tell me why Blackwater Park is good, and why Twilight of the Thundergod is "kek".

And yes, I will keep the thread going. I have been for a quite a while.

Any BTBAM album. They are the most talented band out there.

Cradle of filth is trash. Stop listening to gay goth music.

>inb4 black metal

Funeral Mist

>Underrated af

Honestly the best band posted ITT. Primordial are great, everything else posted in here is garbage

Also Funeral Mist is good

Still wanna teach you how to play your favourite song from them bb

"if we add viking stuff to it maybe they'll like it"

Sorry, you dont have to be an expert to see the stark superiority Blackwater has. Also muscial preferance and the range Opeth expresses is unquestionably better. More emotion. They are both entirely different genres and its hard to compare.

I really dont know why youre getting so upset. I was saying I have btter taste, everyone believes they have better taste. Like big deal, get the fuck over it.

Praise!!! Another btbam fan is among us!!! WIth tthe quad 7s!!!!!!!!!

Do you listen to this shit because its "real metal"

youtube.com/watch?v=s3FaV9PnTU4

And I'll disagree with you, as well. Primordial is great, but I'm not seeing/hearing any garbage so far. It's a shame something as complex and beautiful as music and musical taste can be regarded as, and delegated by, as something as binary and vapid as you.

Don't mind me, just posting the best shit you've heard in a while.

youtube.com/watch?v=qvxl2ZScfTc

>inb4 contrarians come out of the woodwork to shit on it but secretly breaking their fingers to torrent it, and then spread it in other threads

>but I'm not seeing/hearing any garbage so far.

You dont listen to much metal so you cant yet tell what's crap and what ain't.

Alot of ppl hate deathcore but seriously, these guys are amazing

Suicide season, bmth, was the closest deathcore will be to good.

Summoning

Old BMTH

Hail! Someone gets it, also check dat trip

sophmore = old, nice dubs

This one is pretty gud

Primordial really is a fucking great band.

Alright faggot, hows this. Im wearing the tims now bitch.

Nothing compares to this.

forgot the pic sorry

youtube.com/watch?v=7sxpdgHxN0I&t=52s

Yield: Pearl Jam

fuck off

Pearl Jam > Obscura

fucking nigger

youtube.com/watch?v=On2ZX_CxGGA

>I really dont know why youre getting so upset

Less upset, more drunk and bored. But we see so many of these threads, why not change it up a bit and actually put substance into the judgements we make?

As for the viking stuff, I'll repeat Johan Hegg and ask, "What viking stuff?" The videos and lyrics (which I don't pretend are legible) surround Norse mythology, but what is it about the composition/actual sound of their songs that chalk them up to simply "viking stuff"? Vikings didn't listen to this, vikings didn't produce this, the music that DID exist during those junctures in history in which vikings were relevant sounded very distinct to Amon Amarth, so there's something else empirically appealing about the music that you aren't acknowledging.

Still Life is, I believe, an excellent record, but Blackwater Park bored me. The structures of the songs weren't as cohesive, the riffs/vocals just weren't as engaging or enjoyable to listen to in aspects of both production and execution (percussion was on-point, Martin Lopez can do no wrong). Metal is a genre that has a great capacity for conveying raw emotion and aesthetic, which is something that Amon Amarth can do, and Still Life did, very well, and very few other genres can hold that same claim. The technicality of Blackwater Park was marginally more impressive, but technicality isn't what makes a good record or band, and its place in music doesn't warrant throwing so many other bands under the bus.

Sure, we'll go with that.

youtube.com/watch?v=18E9nf57H48

you have got to be fucking ridiculous you fucking idiot.
sellout overrated autists are better than the bst tech deth band currently.... tech death!!! jesus you are fucking thick skulled, lilke where you born retarded or did you eat to many paint chips as a kid.

you dont seem to really know what nigger means either, youre really fucking stupid

tech death is literally the shit people listen to to try and convince the other metalheads that they're "with it" too. most standard metalcore is better than tech death.
you can argue all you want, you'll still always know that you'll never be able to smoke with the cool kids in the parking lot.

Any and all EPICA

Mark Jansen is a true musical genius. Just look at his orchestral compositions.

This track is amazing: Epica track13 Design Your Universe ~ A New Age Dawns - Prt VI ~

You'll love it or not. either way is ok.

well glad we can agree on somethings and mostly what we disagree with is personal preference so thats good. I felt very intimidated when you challenged my knowledge of music therory because i havent exploered amon amarth and an just getting into opeth for the last month, i dont consider my opinion ot matter unless its 7-8 months of where im excited to play whatever albums. So in time will probably agree and so will you idk. I hope so we can both grow. Im also pretty high rn

Check this shit, way better than fucking humpty bumpty over here

youtube.com/watch?v=DQ8hd184w08

>ctrl+f abigail williams
>no results

Kinda surprised. I feel like fans of COF would be into them.

fuck yes

Quantum Enigma is their better album.

you have literallly reached the highest point of autism possible, there is no hope for you if this is how you feel. Sorry man, at least your dad left you an extra chromosome and forgot about child support, fucking nigger.

youtube.com/watch?v=_wpDbI1gca0

"And while the radius of man's knowledge grew, so too did the circumference of his ignorance."

This is a site tailor-made for self-absorbed jackasses, and the person posting this is no exception. We'll grow, and get intoxicated, together.

i love you

youtube.com/watch?v=zHU43NyRmwg

Kalmah

You remind me of the kind of person who informs people the proper pronunciation of Sunn O))))

youtube.com/watch?v=8RXmHmIgmYQ

i dont even listen to that shit, how do you pronunce that??

> Metal Thread
> No Bathory

WTF is wrong with you people?

youtube.com/watch?v=YivCnFkjd8U

look reign in blood is in all ways superior to pearl jam or sun whatever the fucked that was. And i dont even like slayer

I agree. I think Design Your Universe is a good intro album, it was mine so bias I guess. Quantum is awesome. I got to see them on that tour last year!! Got to meet them too! They are awesome and brilliant.

>so there's something else empirically appealing about the music that you aren't acknowledging.

Not the user but imho, I think the reason norse flavored metal is appealing because nine times out of ten it tells stories, like giving history lessons. As everyone is well aware, norse mythology is all but dead and I, and am sure the various bands as well, see it as keeping their history/culture alive. Take Falkenbach, many of the bands' songs lyrics come literally straight from old norse writing, like the Elder and Prose Eddas etc. If you read old norse shit, the stories and poems are great, and they make for good listening when put in the form of metal. But music is always going to be better when it tells a story.

You like Obscura, it really wouldn't shock me if you like Slayer as well.

Anybody listen to these guys. OM

track 2 State of Non-Return is awesome, they have a video on youtube.. sorry too lazy to link, copy paste track name if ya want. I know I'm a bum. But that song is so heavy and chill at the same time.

I FUCKING DONT, CAN YOU FUCKING READ YOU STUPID FUCKING NIGGER

ok didnt want to be a bum here is the link

youtube.com/watch?v=kKqoNrZ00Bg

OM - State of Non-Return

>Likes Obscura
>Posts shit about Slayer
>Probably yelled words at screen as typing
>Probably owns a blue denim battle vest

I changed my mind. You're now the old dude that hangs out with the high school kids and buys them smokes.

Easy bros! we are some of the brightest minds converging on this site - drawn here. Sup Forumsros unite! nothing could stop us. peeps have different tastes and that's ok. I might love something and you might hate it. it's ok. It just is. and people don't always read the posts thoroughly. I skim. just chill and enjoy the company of semi-minded peeps.

Love grows, hate destroys!

IM FUCKING 18 GRADUATED LAST SPRING AND I WEAR FUCKING STAR WARS SHIRTS AND FUCKING DUNGEONS AND DRAGONS SHIRTS I HAVE LONG WAVY BLOND HAIR I AM THE EPITOME OF YOUTH YOU STUPID CUCK

KYS PLEASE

haha

You sound pretty

You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty underground

ICP?

lol..

youtube.com/watch?v=cyrnGYee4ls

JUNIOR YEAR I HATED METALLICA AND ONLY LISTENED TO TRIVIUM, CRINGE BUT STILL. YOURE FUCKING WRONG AND I FUCKING HOPE THE WORST FOR YOU.

lololol bet you hxc dance too pusy