What compares to these albums?

What compares to these albums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6AxArDBt8II
youtube.com/watch?v=XnT66FHapqM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You made this thread full well knowing you wouldn't get an answer

You mean in quality?

The first two don't even compare if you ask me. They're pretty predictable "dude samples lmao" albums. The third one was so special it basically fabricated a new genre.

My answer to the third one is not much. I imagine they were really excited about this cool and unique musical genre they created and then interest slowly waned over the next two decades as a grand total of about 3 artists that could hold a candle to them sprung up. There's our boy Aphex Twin but he's more phoned in and not as conceptual.

J Dilla - Donuts

That album wouldn't exist without richard m8

Weird Al - Greatest Hits
Weird Al - Plays Peter and the Wolf
Weird Al - Greatest Hits & Plays Peter and the Wolf (at the same time but really quietly)

There has to be something out there man

>They're pretty predictable "dude samples lmao" albums.
What the hell does this mean?

Ya, I don't understand what OP sees between the two on the left and MHtRtC.

DJ Shadow - Endtroducing (obviously)
Christ. - Pylonesque ep.
Freescha - Kids Fill the Floor

They're really proud of themselves for the concept of sampling and it just kind of jerks itself off for the whole album.

BoC uses samples but it's usually done in a more nuanced way that accomplishes something.

youtube.com/watch?v=6AxArDBt8II

I really don't get the hype over BoC, it's just average downtempo music, nothing special.

these thread made me listeon to wildflower, omg its pic related

To someone that's not really into the genre it would seem like that. To someone that's really analytical and likes their music to give them something to chew on though it's absolutely genius.

It's remarkably naunced. Naunced really is the word because there isn't anything concrete it's communicating, it just makes more sense and gives back something special to you the more you listen to it. You can listen to a song a hundred times and still pick up on something special. It's amazingly intricate but it doesn't feel awkward or deliberate, it feels like it's being made up as it goes along. Almost like a representation of the human brain.

Geodaddi starts out peculiar and gradually gets weirder and more unsettling until you're looking hell in the face. It's an intricately woven web of finding new and creative ways to justify paranoia.

Boards of Canada was one of the first non-mainstream bands I discovered and I got really excited thinking that all music was this cool and interesting. 5 years later and there's a handful of bands I can even say hold a candle. Very little music is this self aware, this smart, this interesting or compelling.

>To someone that's not really into the genre it would seem like that

Going by the rest of that drivel I assume you mean yourself.

Oh, have you got an argument?

You seem to feel strongly, so one would think so. Lay it on me

Also, let's not forget the recording process of this beautiful music.

there is no good bleeps other than your OP and some aphex twin. all bleep music is shit except for the AAA classics

Listen to their really old demos, like A Few Old Tunes. It's completely different from their regular body of work, and will make you feel incredibly nostalgic.

youtube.com/watch?v=XnT66FHapqM

MHTRTC is my favourite album of all time. Albums which I would put close to it are Fourtet - Rounds, Clark - Body Riddle, Ametsub - All is silent, BoC - Tomorrows Harvest, Aphex - RDJ. That's all that comes to mind right now

>naunced
If you are going to base your whole critique of a band on one word you probably want to look it up first.

nuanced
ˈn(y)o͞oˌänst/
adjective
characterized by subtle shades of meaning or expression.

You feel good about yourself? Go find something to make ambiguous sarcastic quips about on r/music

lol

BLACK DRESS, WITH THE TIGHTS UNDERNEATH

Well done you eventually spelt it right, you still didn't use it right though, never mind.

I used it right and you know I did

Fuck off dude. We don't need more people on Sup Forums making sarcastic quips about things and then disappearing into the ether saying nothing of value, you don't look cool and funny and we have a surplus of you people as it is

Gtfo