/chart/ recommendations and ratings

Post 'em folks. Also, why not mention what you've changed about your chart recently (if anything) and what you're looking for!

As always, lazyposters get out

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=P5VtuJROYc8
vektroid.bandcamp.com/album/home-complete-edition
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>inb4 normie
idk have you tried the jesus and mary chain?

forgot pic

archy marshall - a new place 2 drown
cocteau twins - heaven or las vegas

Have you tried Jefre Cantu Ledesma - Love Is A Stream?

i'll check it out. also how's mojave 3, meaning to get into them for a while

Violent Femmes-Self Titled
Crash Course in Science-Near Marineland

J. Mascis-Several Shades of Why
King Creosote-D.I.Y. Rocket
Metronomy-The English Riviera
AJJ-Knife Man
Vashti Bunyan-Just another Diamond Day

Lookin for any recs.

I haven't listened to anything past Excuses For Travelers but they are very good. They weave country and folk very well with a hint of their shoegaze roots thrown in. If you like albums that make you feel like you're in a dusty ghost town in the middle of the desert this album is for you.

+Tangerine dream
+Talk Talk
+Faust
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -Banana album

>not sharing names
disgusting

Too many albums from the same bands

Very nice

Sorry for no recs, I didn't listen to enough albums to recommend anything.
Would appreciate some post rock recs, I am trying to get into that, or you can recommend me more prog lol.

Talking Heads - Remain in Light / More Songs About Buildings and Food
Injury Reserve - Floss
Pulp - Different Class

well if you like that you should check out spacemen 3, the way they weave space rock and blues is pretty remarkable

Mogwai
This Will Destroy You
Godspeed! You Black Emperor

You also might like shoegaze if you're looking to get into post rock so check this image.

Since when was it bad to like entire discographies of multiple bands?

Its not, its just the unspoken rule to place one album per band on a chart, etiquette of some sorts I would say.

If you like Spacemen 3 you also might like Man or Astroman. They have some very spacey themes going on in their music.

That Nick Drake album changes/moves places every thread you make. Just remove that meme folk faggot.

> tfw I'm seeing the Avalanches in a month

Hmm I was unaware of this unwritten rule but I see what you're saying. When I made this list I didn't focus on diversity I focused on making a list of just my absolute favorites.

youre a very comfy person, fun to be around
Bro tier
Depressed
really like the picks here, solid
++++fa infinity

I hope they do something for the Midwest other then just go to Pitchfork. I didn't think spending $75 plus to go see one band (despite them being my favorite) was all that worth it.

Luckily for me they're doing a small UK tour after Glastonbury. Usually these kinds of bands just endlessly tour the USA and never go overseas.

When they Inevitably play Frankie Sinatra as the encore I'm going to freak out.

Also, $75 is OK. I bought a ticket to the Jack White blunderbuss tour so I could see him play Seven Nation Army and The Hardest Button to Button after he'd finished the blunderbuss stuff.

I'm halfway into Drukqs and I think it's top 10 material currently but I'm gonna fully listen to it first. I'm pretty entry level I suppose. Rec me shit.
I mean, if you like 2 of the big 3 I'd listen to Ride. Nowhere is good but Going Blank Again is far better. The Pains of Being Pure at Heart's s/t is also good.
>Filosofem
Burzum/Aske is always an option.

forgot names

why is chairs missing missing on your chart?
also:
ought - sun coming down
deus - the ideal crash
life without buildings - any other city
lift to experience
be strong buddy it gets better

tear me a new one

good picks

which ones in particular. i wanna feel special

the doors is literally the only one.

+++nicole dollanganger

mate its a classic. i could have replaced it with so much other shit

a bit entry-level and i can't agree with nirvana in top 4, but still solid

the spirit of the beehive - pleasure suck

how do you like person pitch?

>angry because Nick was consistently brilliant and it's hard to choose which album is best because they all have different themes but each is a masterpiece

King Gizzard - Oddments / Paper Mache Dream Balloon

Neu! - Neu!

Turnover - Peripheral Vision

Camel - Mirage

everything okay, user?
You used to go smoke weed with your friends, but now you smoke by yourself and listen to music
you're 24 and not sure what to do with your life

Rec me

no fuck off

+bloom, nowhere
+doors

:(

hey guys you have pretty bad charts but i am not gonna post mine so you can't judge me based on my tastes!

Recently moved Another Language, Moenie and Kitchi, and Ceres & Calypso in the Deep Time to the top 10

relatable

deerhunter halcyon
what do you think of oneohtrix
everything everything

Fire Orchestra - Exit

Connan Mockasin - Forever Dolphin Love

The Motifs - Cross Paths
Ichiko Aoba - 0

Holy Sons - Decline Of The West
Make A Rising - Infinite Ellipse and Head With Open Fontanel
Gorkys Zygotic Mynci - Barafundle

Sand - Golem
Stockhausen - Oktophonie
John Bender - I Don't Remember Now
Minoy - The Art Of Egyptian Bathing
Ike Yard - s/t

Brian Jonestown Massacre - Thank god for Mental Illness

Surface To Air Missive - s/t
Pescado Rabioso - Artuad

Man Bites Dog - Noir

Gas - Narkopop
Lee Noble - No Becoming

Escape The Day - Ghostless
Four Tet - Rounds
Autistic Daughters - Uneasy Flowers
Dean Roberts - Be Mine Tonight

pussy

Looking specifically for concert/festival recommendations as it's totally new territory for me since this will be the first summer I won't be taking summer courses and will have enough money to really go places. Only places on the east coast during June and the mid-west during July are really feasible due to other plans already made.

This Heat, Royal Trux, Car Seat Headrest

I don't know very much about post-rock outside of the basics unfortunately. That said, based on those picks have to recommend Van der Graaf Generator. I find a lot of their stuff, in particular Pawn Hearts to be a lot more experimental and genre defying than most prog from England. Also since I saw Plantasia Mort Garson's The Zodiac Cosmic Sounds project is really great if you haven't heard of it. Black Mass Lucifer as well but most people who know Mort Garson already know all his works.

Definitely Low End Theory, have to figure out a way to work that album into my chart since I found it a few months ago.

Lot of good picks, and I hear Gang of Four in a lot of them, maybe check them out. In particular Entertainment! and their Another Day, Another Dollar EP, since a lot of their other stuff veers towards electronic.

Happy Mondays/Black Grape, Spacemen 3

Maybe try Public Image Ltd.
youtube.com/watch?v=P5VtuJROYc8

bump

recs pls? i'm just a lowly Sup Forums-core newfag

realize yeezus is terrible

bump

you have two plantasias on there

Dinosaur Jr. - Bug, if you haven't already checked it out

Atlas Sound - Logos

Lydia Ainsworth - Right from Real

You honestly might like the Maggie Rogers project that was released this year, a lot like a more organic sylvan esso (also slightly less good but theres some good songs). Or maybe Hundred Waters - The Moon Rang Like A Bell

Park Jefferson - s/t

I started listening to Dopplereffekt- Cellular Automata. Can someone rec me more bleep bloop music?
+Hiroshi Yoshimura
Check out Flora by him
+Wire
Check out The Fall-Perverted by Language
+Hella
Check out 37500 Yens- Astero
That's a nice wire album
+DNA
Someone reced me Ambitious Lovers- Envy. Haven't given it a full listen but it sounds pretty good

but the romans always kept it 300

What's the best way to make a chart these days?

Not really my favs, just the kind of comfy stuff I'm looking for

+Marquee Moon
Too patrician for me... idk check out Uchu Nippon Setagaya by Fishmans maybe? Adventure by Television if you haven't heard it, but I'm assuming you have.

Pretty cool list, my man. Maybe check out Fog Lake if you've never listened to them/him. Kelly Lee Owens new album.

Uh maybe You're Living All Over Me by Dinosaur Jr. Looks like a cool list though, a few of the covers make me want to check out the albums.

Talk Talk, Japan - Tin Drum

Sin-King Duck

Midsummer - Inside The Trees

Will try to give others some recs a lil later.

I don't know how that happened lol thanks

Funny enough that's the only Dinosaur Jr. album I've listened to. Still getting into them.

Oh dang.. also sorry, I didn't read the concert/festival request thing. Check out Hummingbird by Local Natives and The Fool by Warpaint.

usually in a p good mood but been feeling shitty lately. wanna get lost in something, rec me up lads

mike oldfield - tubular bells

Hoooly shit, I go away from Sup Forums for a year and everyone is pleb now. I just updated my top 100 including some 2017 releases. Rec me anything that isnt shit. Easy enough right?

cLOUDDEAD - s/t

Route 8 - This Raw Feeling
Lorenzo Senni - Persona

Pram - Helium

Steve Roach - Structures From Silence

>"everyone is pleb now"
>favourite album is madvillainy

what did he mean by this?

take a look at the charts around you. now take a look at mine. Madvillainy on my chart is the least of our worries here, trust me.

++warraw

>listened to philharmony and now thinks hes patrician
you are a joke, and the fact that you think your better than these other plebs is embarassing

jack?

>white knighting for normies
just admit it already, your chart is full of Sup Forums core and you hate me for poking at your ego

>money store
>madvillainy
>fishmans
The projection here is on a new level

>money store
>madvillainy
>banana album
>Spirit They've Gone
>fishmans
>Suicide
>astral weeks
>twin peaks ost
>plantasia
>faust
>loveless
>geogaddi
>pet sounds
>a crow looked at me
>mm food
>the mollusk
>closer
>emergency & i
>avalanches
>fucking spiderland
>sweet trip

These are all albums which i can almost guarantee would get posted on Sup Forums given a 24 hour span, most definitely Sup Forumscore. this is either bait or you're projecting suuuper hard

>"everyone but me is a pleb"
>chart full of pseudo-art music

do you not see all the other music on my chart? i'm a far cry from the drones you see in these threads. dont blame me cuz i pointed out the shitty taste here.

"pseudo-art music" is not real. dont talk to me, idiot.

even if your chart wasn't filled with Sup Forumscore, the idea that liking popular stuff is bad or makes you a "drone" makes you sound 14. There's really obscure music that I like, but a big part of music appreciation for me is sharing it with people in my life, which is harder to do with a lot of less accessible music. Popular stuff is, with some exception, popular for a reason, especially in enthusiast communities. It's rare that a bunch of nerds about something convene and come up with a list of mostly shitty stuff. Get over yourself, you'll be truly happier in the end.

You're not allowed to call anyone else pleb if you have death grips in your chart or a chart filled with Sup Forumscore such as yours.

Sore eyelids - s/t
dig deeper
listen to my chart

When you see a delicious burger, but it has some dogshit on it, the burger is unedible. It doesn't matter how tasty the burger is, because theres fucking shit on it. That is essentially your chart. And to make it worse the steaming pile of shit is right on top

lmao btfo

houdini is honestly the best post-rock album ever made

whenever i listen to like whenever I listen to a lot of things I feel like I'm stupid for not listening to it more

i'm honestly kinda grateful for some of the people who have showed me all this cool shit throughout the years
i mean i don't really have my own taste so much as just listening to shit people tell me to but still

First time posting, i assume this is the thread where you ask for recommendations
Would love to hear something similar to this album: vektroid.bandcamp.com/album/home-complete-edition
i'm interested in stuff that genuinely sounds like chill 90's midis, and not the meme vapoprwave with slowed down and chopped muzak/pop songs.
May be there's genuine midi collections from the 90's, would love that too.

RATKING - so it goes
Herbie Hancock - headhunters
Cornelius - Fantasma
Whirr - Distressor
Ariel Pink - Pom Pom
Codiene - frigid stars
Nujabes an sheeeit
also whiir
you might like jesu
Jesu/Sun Kil Moon - s/t
Brain Eno - Ambient 4
Oneohtrix Point Never - r plus seven