Somebody pls recommend more artists like TV on the Radio

Somebody pls recommend more artists like TV on the Radio

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3Fpn1_94YHM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Seriously. I know they're entry-level indie but I need more artists like TVotR.

Are there any more artists that blend together traditional African music, like stuff with polyrhythms and rock music? It's something that I think is really unexplored in popular music.

I think Menomena - 'Friend and Foe' sounds like TVoTR, I can't think about nothing else right now. I actually love all of TVoTR, even their weaker stuff is really good.

I hate when someone is using this 'entry-level' bullshit. It's fucking annoying. Love TVoTR anyway and they deserve better fans than you.

Maybe last record of Young Fathers?

I just didn't want Sup Forums to hate me. I fucking love TVotR. ;_;

It sucks that no one ever really talks about them anymore. I remember they were pretty big around Return to Cookie Mountain and Dear Science.

Thanks for reminding me how much i love Return To Cookie Mountain. It's one of my all-time favorites.

Well Sup Forums hates everybody so I wouldn't mind if I were you. They will probably call you a pleb for liking TVoTR just because they aren't obscure so you must be pretty excited right now, right?

>They will probably call you a pleb for liking TVoTR just because they aren't obscure so you must be pretty excited right now, right?
Y-y-yes.

I came here to say this and you said it. I love Young Fathers but holy shit that album is mastered poorly.

It's a fucking shame Gerard Smith died. He was a legitimately great bassist that did a lot for the band's sound. His bass on RtCM, Dear Science, and NToL are some of the highlights of those albums. None of them would be as strong if it weren't for him.

I suspect that's the reason why Seeds wasn't as good as the rest of their albums.

Honestly out of all the NPR-core Pitchfork indie Williamsburg hipster music from the 00s that nobody talks about anymore, Return to Cookie Mountain is seriously one of the few records that still holds up. It's a shame their impact never lasted.

>everybody talking about return to cookie mountain
>neglecting dear science, their magnum opus

Dear Science is great but it's a little bit more homogeneous than Cookie Mountain.

The Veldt and A.R. Kane.
Amazing, massively underrated bands.

Return to Cookie Mountain is like a pleb filter. If they prefer Dear Science to it, then they are a fucking pleb, although Dear Science was amazing too, if more accessible.

Did u guys like Seeds?

I hardly remember it, except for the title track, which is pretty good. I should give it a re-listen but I remember thinking it was just 'okay'.

>tfw you're the only one you've ever known who absolutely loves this song

youtube.com/watch?v=3Fpn1_94YHM

Their worst record but still better than almost every record by "indie" bands that are popular nowadays.

Ya this band is underrated

Thanks for the recs, d00ds.

+1