Me and a buddy want to travel somewhere this summer. Not sure where to go, debating on Canada or somewhere in the U.S...

Me and a buddy want to travel somewhere this summer. Not sure where to go, debating on Canada or somewhere in the U.S. What state would you recommend and the best thing to do there?

Summer? Yeah definitely North Michigan bro. Great Lakes are the spot for summertime.

Four corners region of Utah, Arizona, Colorado and New Mexico is pretty epic. Far too much to see in one trip. I highly recommend Durango CO and Moab Utah. If you do go make sure to go to hovenweep. Shoot for late may if possible, not too hot. Desert will be in bloom.

Gulf Shores Alabama. It's pretty underrated

Also for future reference, spring SC Myrtle beach, winter Florida-Hawaii.

Jeff?
How close/far is that from the 269 area?

Forget to tell what to do. White water rafting, jet boating up Colorado River, hiking and photography of natural wonders and Indian culture. Good micro brew beers, legal weed. Epic trout fishing, Jeep tours. Rock hounding. Basically an outdoors enthusiast wet dream.

No

Alabama is way to fucking hot in summer.
In summer?? You got to fucking joking kid.

Trust me, north Michigan is heaven in summer. Wine, food, festivals, beautiful beaches, sunny but not scorching weather.

I live in Florida so im used to heat. Thank you all for the great ideas!

This. Head to Sleeping Bear Dunes right on the western tip of the lower peninsula. Clear waters, clean beaches, blonde women and good beer. It's not exactly adventurous but its a great place to kick back and relax. And if you're into camping its great

Well, a bit, that area is lower Michigan, I would say about three or four hour drive north. I guess if you go just to the Lake Michigan lake shore, grand haven, south haven area you can get there in a hour or two.

This guy gets it!

Not OP but thanks user. I plan on tripping up there next month.

It is snowing at higher elevations in late may still. Remember this whole area is 5000 feet above sea level. Highs this time of year is mid 80s and lows in the 40s. Now July or September is a fucking furnace.

California, Alaska or Hawaii if going to the states.

Second this, 4 corners area is pretty great and under rated

There's like 4-5 national parks, including arches in Utah and grand canyon in arizona. Durango is awesome and the railroad is pretty fun, although travel a bit east and chama has an even better railroad (take the bus from Chaka to alamosa and take the train back. One of the best rides in the country imo)

You could also spend some days making excursions up through the Colorado Rockies or down to white sands New Mexico/Carlesbad caverns.

Washington state and Oregon.
I've been to a lot of states and these 2 are by far my favorite. Any hiking trail in WA (especially around mt baker or mt rainier) will blow your fucking mind. Go grab some weed to smoke and camp out...It'll be amazing Sup Forumsro

This, Wisconsin too.

Canada would be your best bet for keeping it cheap. Our shitty Prime minister has tanked our economy, so the US$ is like 1.3 CDN$ right now.

Just do one large road trip OP, all national parks in one trip, before trump shuts them all down

Arkansas. See the great inbred Ozarks for yourself

>inb4 killed by a skinwalker

God damn Ozarks are fucking spoopy

Go to fu kin canada man drink some beer and realize how bitch make us beer is.