Stranger Things Discussion Thread

I don't know if you niggas are calling this "reddit" yet or not. But anyways, fuck off with the memes and shit and actually discuss the fucking show.

What's your opinion on it? Am I the only person who got a Super 8 vibe? I haven't checked the background of the show yet.
Any criticisms? Favorite characters? Plot holes?

Just discuss.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=rAbhxD5ynHU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

In the middle of it right now.

Remove the soundtrack and the intro and there's absolutely nothing throwback about this show. It's interesting so far but I feel like I was sold something else.

Basically Super 8 the tv show, that said I really liked it except the crappy cgi of the monster in some scenes and the floating kid. Actually surprised how well the child actors did for the most part too

Are you 12?

I loved every moment of it except for when she climbed into the hole in the tree that was dripping ooze that seemingly had no end it had no fucking motivation whatsoever and almost tarnished the entire season for me just because of that one retarded scene.

how long until it comes back on? A year? I really shouldn't have binged it in one day

>Am I the only person who got a Super 8 vibe?
I think just about everyone did. Really they were just inspired by the influences as JJ Abrams (ie Spielberg) but with Stephen King and Goonies too. IMO this show is what Super 8 wanted to be.

While there weren't any major plot holes I feel like some of the writing was a little sloppy in general. There are some character behaviors that sometimes don't make sense or seem unrealistic. If they had given the script an extra pass or two, or maybe hired a consultant, it would have been just about flawless.

Also El best girl. Eater of Eggos, crusher of brains

new screencap

r8

Second season hasn't been greenlit yet last I heard.

I thought it was fun. Had some weird lovecraft kinda stuff going on with the monster, and the child actors weren't painful to watch for the most part. The cg stuff near the end is embarrassing, and the villains could use more fleshing out, but it kept me watching and I'm definitely gonna watch season 2.

cute and adorable

Overall pretty good, but it starts to sag when the monster shows up more and more. Probably the worst aspect of the show.

>I Drive

>it's a "children use kid logic in an attempt to understand/explain otherworldly horrors" episode

Any more things like this?

steve's redemption was GOAT

She's really cute, I hope they "explore" that awesome character properly

glib facsimile

Liked it, but I felt that the finale wasn't as climatic as I expected it would be.

Also did anyone else think that
>El and the monster conveniently disappear
>everyone else lives happily ever after
>Will pukes slug down the drain
was incredibly predictable?

Everyone except Barbara

pretty much

the loser kid doesn't get the girl aka feminist propeganda

any more caps of her cheekiness?

I am convinced that someone has netflix stock and is shilling this show to get their stock to go up.

The show can't be that good.

t. television industry

change the filename or suffer the consequencs

The first episodes are great, then when you figure out the plot gets a bit predictable but still have tense and thrilling moments.

At the end I started to get sick about the kids though, they had the most not credible scenes. They behaved most like teenagers even they were 11. When i was 11 i almost couldn't even almost tie my own shoes.

As overrated and mediocre as Daredevil. Netflix fanboys are insufferable jerking off their shitty, poor written shows with horrible acting. All netflix shows are mediocre and unimpressive. Their best show is probably House of Cards and even that's a 7/10 at best and constantly declining with every season.

Pretty, really pretty.

why did Jonathan end up as a cuck? why did Steve just became a hero? is the writer a cuck then?

daily reminder that mike is a creepy future rapist who took advantage and made advances on a traumatized mentally retarded girl who was extremely vulnerable and was not capable of consenting. mike had selfish motives from day one and didnt care about el's well-being as much as he cared about posessing her and making her his gf. no excuses, stop the rape!

also, any more pics of her crying?

>change the filename or suffer the consequencs
no

>When i was 11 i almost couldn't even almost tie my own shoes.
Just because you're retarded doesn't mean others are too

RIP

>look mom i'm saying it

>They behaved most like teenagers even they were 11. When i was 11 i almost couldn't even almost tie my own shoes.

Dude are you seriously that dumb? The kids actually acted like normal nerdy kids.

>Handsome popular Chad that has a pool in the backyard
vs
>Creepy autist that took photos of you stripping

ENOUGH SHILLING THIS LAME FUCKING SHOW.

over the garden wall

>STOP DISCUSSING ABOUT A NEW TELEVISION SHOW ON MY TV & FILMS BOARD
>REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

eggos

anybody have webm of pic?

It's a good thing those kids were white, am I right?

>STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIIIIIIIKE

i don't understand waffles at all
they're like stale crusty pancakes

we should make a thread of stranger things fanfiction. ive been working on some. im re-writing the ending so that everything ties up neatly.

It's really sad that the writters are going to screw up everything, I really enjoyed this tv show.
El is a good character btw

you've lived a bad life and I feel sorry for you

This felt like a mix between Super8 and Beyond the Black Rainbow.

See this shit, JJ? This is how you make a Spielberg rip-off, you talentless hack!

>the creepy weirdo saves your life from the monster in the upside down
>meanwhile Chad was writing shit about you around the town
>Chad got his ass kicked by creepy guy in front of everyone after shitting on his family

>no one cares about barbara (not even her parents)
>I think I'll go for asshole chad

literally no sense. Hope at least Jonathan develop a romance with some better looking girl and no that rat-face skinny bitch

no we shouldn't no one wants to read your shit

dont call her that

>Millie Bobby Brown is in the #1 spot on IMDB
Man, the offers must be rolling in right now

>What's your opinion on it?
It's decent, best recent series I've seen since forever. Title sequence is incredibly well designed and WINONA.

>Am I the only person who got a Super 8 vibe?
Haven't seen it famitsu

>Any criticisms?
Shitty CGI over practical effects — the series claimed to be inspired by and referencing classics such as 'The Thing' — really let itself down here.

>Favorite characters?
Winona, Will, 11, Papa

>Plot holes?
Not really, desumitsu — loose ends to be tied up and some silly stuff but nothing major

You're right. Did the show ever explain how Will managed to survive while Barbra and the other 4 people didn't?

wow im so happy for her. i have a feeling shes going to be huge. i just hope she doesnt go the way of chloe moretz

Damn, she deserves it. I liked her character in this show. Hopefully, she doesn't turn to shit in the future.

Will was sneaky and not bleeding. Also it seems like the Demogorgon wanted to use him for breeding or some other weird monster shit seeing as once it found him it stuck an Alien tentacle down his throat.

In the interrogation scene at the end it's mentioned that the monster took 6 people that week. There's also a few references to other people who've gone missing around Mirkwood since Will was taken.

I guess Will was just lucky enough to run away. At first I thought it was because when he was taken to the upside down he had that gun and was able to defend himself but that was never brought up.

he was good at hiding was his deal, nimble intelligent little wizard, Will the Wise

but bar Barb, who were the others?

the slug Will coughs up will spawn a colony of Upside-Down monsters in the sewers, first going into a cocoon stage, then hatching out into something more horrifying

this also happened to Barb, when we see her corpse slugs are pouring out of every orifice on her head

O I C

I enjoyed it even though the writing wasn't perfect.

The pacing was very good which made it easy to binge-watch too.

Season two was confirmed the day it was release you god damn retard. Jesus Christ why don't you THINK before YOU OPEN YOU FUCKING MOUTH YOU CUNT

> House of Cards

> better than Daredevil and Stranger Things

This is how I know you are taste are shit.

>you don't understand, he's not like most kids

>trips in the woods when trying to run away

>2 people walking around the woods when something catches the eye of one character and this character goes investigate, finds something, calls for the other character, he doesn't answer, does the thing alone anyway

>neet dude gets the cute girl from the chad

>group of kids succeed at hiding stuff from super organized and armed government organization

>what is friend?

>what is promise?

it's got it all, guys.

I like it, it's comfy to watch. It's by no means perfect, some of the acting is hammy, especially from the black kid, and monster cgi was a bit crappy, but overall it's pretty solid.

but he didnt?

>in the last episode

Nice bait.
>group of kids succeed at hiding stuff from super organized and armed government organization
They don't have modern technology.
They were found several times, and escaped either due to ESP shenanigans or another adult intervening.

Spoiler alert! XD

Is it bad I'm actually annoyed the slut fucked chad in like the first episode and kept going back to him?

I don't like either of them. I know I'm supposed to by the end of the show, but they're both shitty people.

Great show otherwise though, based Hop.

Additionally to my previous points, one of their primary intelligence gathering methods was tapping the phones of local residence (as seen in the room with all the women listening in to phone conversations, and bugging Hop's place). The kids were using the radios to communicate and not phone lines, so they weren't tracked that way.

Didn't say they don't find them. But they just keep getting away hiding her, dude. Same thing.

So now you're backpedalling by changing it to
>group of kids succeeded at hiding stuff
to
>group of kids succeeded at hiding stuff with help from aduls and sorcerous advantage
k.

The gun got left behind. The cop found it loaded with all the ammo and thats when he started the search

general point is: kids vs gvmt is overplayed, man. You know I meant that.

just

You should say what you mean, though. Be more articulate.

She looks like the next Natalie Portman. Good luck kiddo, and don't do drugs

33. Tell me please what I'm missing because outside of the setting there is nothing in the story or style which invokes a sense of 80s film/television and I was raised on that shit.

Oh, shit. I think I get it now. This is for teens and early 20 somethings who are processing this shit second hand.

100% shit tier made for children and manchildren beckbeards .. In other words, right up your ally OP

You're nitpicking something obvious.

also, I'm not from an english-speaking country.

The show has it's moments but lacks the depth needed to make me give a fuck about any of these dumb characters. I also really hated that fucking nigger kid, DROPPED after ep 5

Oh well that's understandable. You would be surprised by how many obvious things get overlooked on the internet. You shouldn't assume people understand what you mean with ambiguous wording.

Why didn't you enjoy it?

She's cute, but it all is too recent, just a few weeks to go, people will be calling her "waifu" and shit

Yes, that's the idea since the beginning

im confused about one timeline issue: so basically, things happen in this order: lab has accident, monster escapes, el presumable escapes at the same time, then monster abducts will, then the following day the boys find el in the rainy forest, etc. my question is, how did el recognize will in the photo at mikes house? how could she have possibly known about him or come into contact with him by that time?

Because im miserable

Acceptance is the first step user

maybe she saw him on the upside down world, I don't know... good question

> that fucking nigger kid

This was my major gripe with the show, all of his lines were annoying and kept me wondering why this character was even in the show.

I just thought his presence made the show worse but I haven't seen many complaints about it so maybe we're in the minority. :-/

Yeah I'm not really good at making good points in english yet. I just wanted to point out some cliches that kind of got me cringing when I watched it.

I felt that kind of disconnection with the toothless kid. The black kid was actually pretty good.

O maybe drunk but this was comfy and nice

One theory I've read is that the monster is El's mirror, it's strong when she's weak, weak when she's strong etc. and possibly sharing knowledge. There are a few scenes where mirror imagery is prominent with the monster. I don't really believe this theory. It's more likely that she just knows because she's psychic. She knew which piece Will was using in the DnD game by sitting at the table.

teeneagers these days:
>Oh! it has some neon bars with some synthetizers playing in the background! all with a VHS noise grain effect on the screen! it must be a true 80s stuff!

everytime

That skinny girl is hideous

you fucking faggot

>The show can't be that good.

The scary thing about Netflix is that they have an amazing amount of data which they can mine to tailor shows that will appeal to certain demographics.

"Strange Things" is a perfect example of this.

- Eighties nostalgia: check
- Actors that 80's kids now grown up will recognize: check
- Supernatural/sci-fi element: check

The show is a collage of successful parts, this is why sometimes it feels extremely artificial.

They even used "Under The Skin"'s no-place youtube.com/watch?v=rAbhxD5ynHU

Even the incredible "everything went back to normal" ending, which doesn't make a single bit of fucking sense, is a call-back to 80's shows.