GHOSTBUSTERS ONLY 36 MILLION FOREIGN

POST YFW FOREIGN PLEBS FINALLY DID SOMETHING RIGHT!!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8
youtube.com/watch?v=L_FYoB3Epw4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>70% domestic
embarassing

I am not surprised that islamic countries don't like a movie about empowered women

Dumblr fags BTFO

usually it's the other way around

>tumblr filename

2meta4me

still a lot of money
tv and gamergate BTFO

>Inside Out - Budget $175m
>barely made enough profit
HAHAHAHA
All those disneyfags thinking its clever making shitty films which they think are creative yet in reality theyre just the same cartoon fests and get BTFO by the competition

>women
>gay character
>scientists
>non-abrahamic supernatural elements
>comedy
>American pop culture icon
It has everything Muslims hate.

>649 KB

nigga up the bitrate

>5 Minion memes have been deposited into your account

this movie will be completely forgotten in 3 months

>only out 2 weeks
>a few matinee screenings away fro 144 million
>don't think its been released in China yet.

Hur Durr, it didnt do well in Spain and it hasn't broke even yet. It's a flop.

They are still a GO for a sequel and this shit is clearly going to pass 144 million an be profitable.

>doesn't know about China

its not getting a release in china m8

don't underestimate the power of family friendly animation

why are so many people convinced that any dollar over the listed production budget is profit

even if they get 144 million that doesnt mean the studio doesnt lose money.
Studios dont get all the money from ticket sales, or else there wouldnt be any way for movie theatres to make money.
Studios also have to pay tens of millions more for marketing. Even if the studio were to make its 144 million back that is still a massive failure. Breaking even is a total fucking disgrace for a summer blockbuster, and even more embarrassing in this case because there was a media firestorm about it from the moment it was announced, AND its based on one of the most popular american films of all time.

It won't be profitable unless it reaches 500 mil and that's on the low side, even paul feig said so. It's not coming out in china either so it's doomed. What a waste of dubs

spooky boos are illegal in china friend

Stop spouting this dumbass meme without a source

>Sup Forums - Television & Film

>this cost 144mil

those closeup shots look like shit

I've seen student films shot on canons that look better

It has to make at least 300 millions to break even. Not gonna happen. Right now it has lower box office than Fantastic Four with a higher budget. It's a flop.

>he can't type ghostbusters china into google

>the burden of proof isn't with the person making the wild claim

Okay retard

>trying this hard to bait

how fucking new is your ass

fuck off to reddit or kill yourself

it'd need $300m if it didn't have at least $100m in advertising, it's closer to $430m

You must be seriously fucking retarded. Do us all a favor and put a loaded shotgun into your mouth and pull the trigger.

>getting triggered this hard

Did you guys forget to take your pills? Holy shit

>being this desperate for (you)s

When it goes into that weird 3d-cg form it seriously looks like Oogie Boogie's retarded cousin

My plan to make my thread a success worked

bait worked just as good as last time

cheers

It's almost earned back its budget and you white male shitlords are still calling it a failure? You'd call it a failure if it made a billion dollars

It has to make 500 million to turn even due to marketing costs

It was supposed to be a massive tent pole summer blockbuster for Sony. Instead its literally just a fart in a ghostbusters suit.

anything to get your kid to shut up and stop bugging you for a short while

Even more so it was supposed to be the very foundation of a huge Ghostbusters cinematic universe. This movie not only failed as a summer blockbuster, but as a movie that would launch an all encompassing franchise.

>use x amount to produce something and sell it
>get the same amount or less money you used for producing
>n-not a failure guise!!

It's not even good bait and you retards fall for it

youtube.com/watch?v=OG83qBuQ_A8

ICE AGE IS A FUCKING MONSTER INTERNATIONALLY, 82% 78%

WHAT DO THOSE KUCKS LOVE SO MUCH ABOUT THAT SQUIRREL

KEK AT THE SMURFS 79% INTERNATIONAL, DIDNT EVEN KNOW THAT SHIT EXISTED IN AMERICA

>DIDNT EVEN KNOW THAT SHIT EXISTED IN AMERICA

It was really popular in the 80s, but it disappeared after that. My aunt was obsessed with Smurfs, and had all those Mcdonalds toy variants.

thanks for the headache

Holy shit. I thought people were kidding about this scene. What a piece of shit. Fuck that's the dumbest thing I've ever seen. I'm fucking impressed by how dumb that is. Wow. Why the fuck did this movie get made? The whole man-hating marketing campaign is funny as shit, but this looks hilariously bad.

But isn't the actual amount closer to $70 million?
Because theatres take their cut of the ticket sales

Disney has the 3 highest grossing movies of 2016.
Hell, Jungle Book, that literally-what movie, made more than BvS.

>thinking matching the production budget = breaking even

Hahahahaha fuccboi learn your shit.

Anyways it's not going to get a sequel because the criteria for getting a sequel is

>establishing a healthy profit that justifies a sequel
>ensure there is positive reception and hype for a potential sequel (ie: the audience wants more).

Batman v Superman is a perfect example of a movie that made a massive profit, but WB shit themselves because they realized if they don't unfuck their shit nobody is going to come back for their next movie, which can cost them hundreds of millions or even billions over the course of the franchise they are building.

But a real tangible example is Tron Legacy - it had a 170 million budget, pulled 400 million in, so it made an okay profit. They had a sequel planned and was working on it, but Disney canned it. The Tron hype wasn't what they wanted, and they would rather do something else that has a better chance of either pulling big profit or franchise building.

There is a lot more to sequel planning and franchising than just if they broke even on the shit.

Ikr? I really tried to give it the benefit of the doubt, but with the leaks, the trainwreck of a marketing campaign and their trailers... Fuck, really? They have an entire team that said "oh fuck yeah this all looks great!!!".

Ever since I decided this movie was shit, I've just kinda shut down when anyone mentions it, and people noticed.

Before it released, they gave me shit for it, but ever since it was released none of them have said shit. A lot of people who saw it just said nothing. I asked one who I knew had seen it about it and he sorta mumbled under his breath. All I caught was "wait for video" and something about him not being sure it was worth the cost of admission.

I refused to see it even after my dad offered to pay, so I can't really say besides the trainwreck of a thing they made before it ever even released (and Sony's track record),

>FOREIGN PLEBS
Hey, fuck you, I'm going to to the cinema and pay for the ticket just to spite you.

How the fuck do those shitty cgi flicks cost so much to make?

If I buy a hot dog cart for $2,000 and stock it for another $300, then hire a guy to push it for $7 an hour I've made a profit if I earn $24 in a week if I made $2,000?

Economics is hard, I know...

I'm pretty sure you can watch this movie in some (SEZs) special economic zones Within China. I watched Deadpool in Xiamen

reminder that I already explained it was bait and I still keep getting bites

what in holy retardation
literal roger rabbit shit in 2016 what the fuck

Wait I thought the dancing happened at the end, how come the people in the back are in the Saturday Night Fever pose?

It has only opened in the UK and Australia so far, so it's doing pretty well for that

According to the Red Letter Media review, they get frozen into that pose but there's no dance number.

Wait I thought the dancing happened at the end credits, how come the people in the back are in the Saturday Night Fever pose?

The dancing scene was cut and put into the credits but he still has them do the pose in the spot where that scene should have been instead of the whole dance routine.

it hasnt opened in europe yet

What a blunder.

just stop

>Ghostbusters
>China

post more webms, I wanna see more stupid shit

Because they cut it from the actual movie and apparently couldn't live without it, so they stuck it at the end credits. What you see in the credits WAS in the movie.

only americucks are watching this shit top lel

>this is humor

>that everything

What song was she even dancing to?

Why did she have to have that god awful hairstyle? She looks okay in real life. Also fuck Sony for refusing to make her openly lez out. That was Paul Feig's only good idea.

movie was decent up until this point

RIP Ghostbusters.

Press G to pay respects.

G

>They had a sequel planned and was working on it, but Disney canned it.

TO THIS DAY STILL UNFORGIVABLE

DISNEY'S WORST SIN AGAINST MOVIES IS NO MORE TRONS TBQH

youtube.com/watch?v=L_FYoB3Epw4

>Foreign plebs
>Saying that when United states of cucks were the biggest contributor to it's box office

stop repeating this already, you dont know shit and neither does feig

>tfw ghostbusters comes out in turkey on the 29th
>tfw still have to wait for friday
>tfw my wife's son keeps telling me how great it is going to be and i am really hyped for it

THE ONE WHO ACTUALLY DONT KNOW SHIT IS YOU

THE MOVIE IS AN UTTER FLOP

IT IS FACTUALLY NOWHERE CLOSE TO BREAKING EVEN, AND AT THIS RATE WILL NEVER BREAK EVEN

I prescribe you a shotgun mouthwash, do this everyday until you can't anymore

This desu.

Both Tron Films were pretty good in my eyes.
Was really hoping for a sequel.

good fucking god i dont know where to start

Stop feeding it.

Que the inevitable "Pirates, MRA's and organized feminist-hate groups are the reason it flopped"

Are people giving Hollywood PC and SJW the finger?

This "film" was doomed from day one. The biggest problem is of course the fact that women aren't funny no matter how hard they try. Shitting all over the original films fucked them pretty good too. As if that wasn't enough for them they then had to go call anyone that didn't like it a sexist just to make sure their little project was truly fucked

>.After its opening weekend, Sony's president of worldwide distribution, Rory Bruer, told The Wrap that "while nothing has been officially announced, there's no doubt in my mind [a sequel] will happen." He also said that Ghostbusters is expected to become an important Sony franchise.
Reminder that Sony will keep pushing this feministic piece of drivel however deep the hole is.

This movie can be downloaded as a camrip.

It's not the worst thing ever, but it's not funny at all.

If you cut the whole thing and just had a montage of Hemsworth's scenes, that's about all you need.

>the theatre erupts into female cackling

Man my mom fucking loves ice age. She watches that shit whenever it's on tv and she's like 56 years old

Any have a webm of the worst scene? You won't believe me that it exists until you actually see it.

Basically when they encounter the first ghost, they're all like "wow it's so amazing!" and everything.

Then we cut to McKinnon's character (can't remember her name because she's like the least most important person and has no personality) eating Pringles™.

>How can you be eating at a time like this?
>YOU TRY TO SAY NO TO THESE DELICIOUS BAD BOY PRINGLES™

It's fucking amazing.

That performance is fucking surreal. I can't believe people see her as a positive.

Your mom is a pretty cool dude.

tfw on the main Russian imdb-like site this movie has a 2.7/10 rating.

It isn't getting a release in China because ghosts scare chinks too much.

I had the same feeling. Wiig's character was the only somewhat decent one, being the straight. Once her WACKY SCIENENTISTS friends popped in it went entirely to shit and stayed there, occasionally managing to dig a little deeper from time to time.