Am I the only one who plays these?

Am I the only one who plays these?

I've beaten Myst, Riven, Myst 3, Myst 5

nah, i stopped using the bargain bin at best buy when steam came out

played myst when i was 10, bit young so i came back to it about 10 years later and understood it better, only played 2 and 3, the first was a classic though, originally had it on the sega saturn

Is that supposed to be a diss?

Maybe in the last 15 years. Play The Witness; it's like Myst, but makes sense.

Played all of them a number of years ago, don't think I've ever actually beat one. Fantastic games nevertheless

Love myst! I played it back when I was 10 with my older brother. I recently replayed it and bought riven to see what that was like, but my hard drive died and I lost my save. I haven't worked up the energy to try to beat it again but it seems even better than the first one to me from what I saw.

I spent 2 months on the forest level. Turns out all I had to do was look to the right and click (hard to see trail)

i had that game when i was a kid, played it for like 5 mins and never again.

i used to play this and populous game series to death

It'd be nice to see Myst return now that VR is slowly becoming a thing

Tough luck if you didn't understand the myst storyline. After Riven I really had to read the books. Because I had to know what happened afterwards. It's just so intense at times

Never really found out about the actual story because I got stuck so many times and eventually gave up. Which might be a shame because kid me enjoyed it up until then.

There's books?!

What author/titles? I must find these.

Unfortunately my computer won't play it anymore I guess it's too old of a game

Just looking threw my old games I sure have some weird ones I forgot about

>723941946

You might be able to run it in win 95/98 compatibility mode?

Play that shit man.,,

I have this one too. I never liked it compared to myst and riven

Fuck I have Encarta 98
Every command and conquer
Dune 2000
Man I miss 20 years ago

Have just looked on Steam and there is a modern updated version. £12.. seems a little steep.

I play old adventure games on ScummVM but Myst was bad even at the time.

Played the shit out of Myst and RTZ back in the early 90s. Beat Myst without cheating, Zork was confusing as fuck though.

RIVEN is my fav gameeee

yeah i beat myst but i remember having a cunt of a time with the piano part in the space ship, i dont want to say i cheated or used solutions cause i doubt i would be able to have back then

>723943316
Don't get the steam version, it has a lot of issues. running on modern OS's. Get it on GOG if you want to pick it up, the installer it comes with does some magic to make it run smoother.

lmao

pretty much sums up my experience with myst