/mlb/ - Active Hall of Famer Edition

www.mlb.com
www.Sup Forums.org/sp/mlb

Reminding you that the city of Los Angeles and the County of Orange drafted the two greatest players to ever live and there is nothing that will ever change this absolute fact.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Og_oKpMfvoA
sports.yahoo.com/news/napoli-hr-off-tanaka-9th-021212116--mlb.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

His neck is so thick

pilates

funniest shit I'll read all month.
there are exactly 0 GM's that would take Hendricks within the top 40 in an open draft, today.

newfag here, can i get a list of the top 5 pitchers right now?

>hendricks
>Kyle Hendricks
>Professor
>greg Maddux Jr.
>Mr dead inside

1. jon lester
2. jake arrieta
3. kyle hendrics
4. arnoldis chapman
5. andrew miller (riP)

Kershaw
Scherzer
Syndergaard
Bumgarner
Kluber/Cueto

Sale/Greinke all top pitchers with 'off' years.

Last season it was:
>Kershaw
>Greinke
>Sale

To give you an idea of how quickly people forget about greatness and how quickly their are to appreciate flukes. Really funny "opinions" from the aficionados

are you mentally ill or high from the H you copped at the parade? you're disrespecting Greg Maddux by associating a pussy like Hendricks with him.

>rating nl pitchers
lol yo're a fucking retard

>mfw Kershaw, Max, and Bum fucking own AL teams.

>fucking own
>scherzer moves to 8 batter league to shave 2 off his real ERA
>kershaw can't make the WS so we'll never know
>bumgarner
>good

Reminder that Game 7 of the 2016 world series was the greatest Game 7 ever played and you all had the privilege of watching and shitposting together for it.

James Shields
Ubaldo Jimenez
Delin Betances
Santiago Casilla
Joe Blanton

1. James Shields
2. Anibal Sanchez
3. Steve Cishek
4. Martin Perez
5. Edinson Volquez

a lot of people memeing

right now:

Clayton Kershaw
>>>power gap
(then in no particular order)
Madison Bumgarner
Chris Sale
Noah Syndergaard
Johnny Cueto

>it's a pissboi rages at the player who assblasted the doyers in the playoffs episode

>No Weaver

Come on guys what is this amateur shitpost hours?

>Muh 95MPH fastball

>unlimited entries
>not even the best pitcher on his team
>not even the best pitcher on his team
>elbow
>CUEEEETOOOO

terribly unfunny shitpost
try again

I kind of forgot the Angels even had a rotation

When did I ever say to do that??

Dumb bitch

Well that was fast

youtube.com/watch?v=Og_oKpMfvoA

More proof that the Cubs were the bad guys and should have lost

>Cubs were the bad guys
Stay mad Brazil fag

IT'S NOT FAIR IT WAS OUR YEAR

Wait til next year

Kershit although he chokes in high-pressure situations
Syndergaard
Kluber
Bumgarner although he does best in October
Hendricks

A lot of AL Pitchers are still very good but this year the NL really was more notable pitching beyond the Indians

Like Tanaka won't be HOF'er

who the hell is Like Tanaka

SoloHomeRunMikeNapoli.png

ur all gay and babsel sucks

Napoli kills the Yankees. This is my worst nightmare sports.yahoo.com/news/napoli-hr-off-tanaka-9th-021212116--mlb.html

Yankee Killer eh?

He isn't a Yankee killer, get out of here

He slowly becoming one.
Watch your ass.

Gaus has had most of his best games against the Yanks.

When is opening day again? I'll bet NY makes more significant moves than baltimore in the offseason

elbow/bone spurs/Tommy John/shoulder
elbow/arm fatigue/strep throat
elbow/shoulder/bone spurs
elbow/Tommy John/forearm soreness/ulnar nerve
knee
shoulder/labrum tear
old/fat

>Sanchez
>Happ
>Estrada
>Liriano
>Stroman/Biagini

Finally a year where the Jays aren't hurting for starters.

>in be4 offseason injuries

You gonna need bats like Joey (but....not actually Joey) tho. Dolan, Tulo, and a possible EE arent going to carry you.

So you're signing YoCes? That's really the only significant move this FA class, unless you shift Gardner or Lelsbury for some spects.
Chill mane, its bants. I have you fucks winning the div next season.

I'd be disappointed if they signed Cespedes. But they'll probably give him a 10 yr 250mm contract

more like 400 mil

>I have you fucks winning the div next season
>There's a possibility of a Red Sox/Yankees ALCS again

My body is ready

>Sox
>Making Post

>implying the problem isn't the wankees

If Sanchez has a follow up year, the whole div is going to feel it. Not to mention their pitching might get itself together. Just as impossible as the Cubs winning it all, CC got good again. Tanaka is always sharp. And they may tip toe through the subject as the season goes on. The lineup is my real concern/bid for them.

Red Sox have their promising young players, but they still have a rotation that is headlined by either David Price or Rick Porcello. And a bullpen that willingly enrolled literally Abad pitcher.

The Rays are the possible problem. No one watching them and they hitting dingers out the ass this past season. Real dark horse feel.
Especially when on the cusp of being moved to Montreal.

The rays rotation will lead the AL next season cap it.

>tfw hopefully healthy and ready to cuck the Cubs again next year

I am a Cubsfag in LA and saying this to my dodger friends has been one of the highlights of the win.
Go Cubs

I will eat my own shit if the dodgers win the NL west next year

the dodgers curse might as well be 100 years old they have sucked ass all my life and I am only 22

>the new trip
>same urine smell

I am not DG I know the dodger will never win the WS with a meme manager and a GM who never gives out big contracts like (((FRIEDMEN))).

We are a fucking meme team who can only rapes the dads

Are they cursed? I know they blow, but was there some turning point in the franchise that led to the shit like 9 consecutive postseason appearances without a WS trip?

When Faux new bought them it gave them the curse of the bigot

>nolan ryan
>sandy kofax
>dennis erickson
>roger clemens
>nolan ryan

BANDWAGONERS OUT REEE

Lol okay, I was born in Indiana and have been a Cubs fan since I can remember. One of my earliest Cubs memories is the Sammy Sosa corked bat, really putting into perspective how shit this team was.
Them winning the Eries was one of the highlights of my life.

Which man do you think he's calling to get right now?

Fernando Rodney, Alex Rodriguez and Barry Bonds.

Soon

>Kris Bryant is a 9
>dating a 5

What's his end game?

True love, you virgin wizard

Dexter Fowler

He needs to stay in Da Chi

when you are gonna be a millionaire uber chad you marry the uggo hometown girl who loved you when you were a faggot in HS/College. Once he hits FA he will have enough money to shit on $10,000 prostitutes every night if he wants to

>AL pitchers
>good
>literally giving up leadoff home runs in game 7's in the world series

Arcade league is a joke

That's a big picture

>world

2017 world series champs confirmed
Back to back Chicago rings

Matt Cain
Jake Peavy
Tim Lincecum
Ryan Vogelsong
James Shields

Ryan Howard, Carl Crawford, and Andre Ethier

We're everywhere, user.

Not to take away from the victory, but if the rain delay didn't happen, the Cubs probably would have lost.

Who cares. The cubs have had a lifetime of bad luck. They were due for some good luck at one point.

What is your team's biggest need this offseason user?

For me, Giants, bullpen

Team speed and 1 or 2 left handed bats.

Yankees

Contact hitters
One starter
One good reliever

White Sox
A lot but biggest is probably Catcher

Thinking Weiters or Castro.

Giants will probably make the playoffs in 2-4 years again. They should just tank and get some good draft picks. Their farm is a disaster. They could have offered the Yankees all of their top 10 prospects and they would have probabaly said no.

For Chapman *

It's called free agency dumbass

You'll get Brian McCann and like it

>Reds

Fucking everything.

So they're going to sign 5 bullpen and 5 major league caliber hitters?

Their farm is so bad theyre going to lose cueto and Moore after this year. At this point SF isn't a place players want to go to with no prospects coming up.

lost 1995 nlds to the reds
lost 1996 nlds to the braves
lost 2004 nlds to the cardinals
lost 2006 nlds to the mets
lost 2008 nlcs to the phillies
lost 2009 nlcs to the phillies
lost 2013 nlcs to the cardinals
lost 2014 nlds to the cardinals
lost 2015 nlds to the mets
lost 2016 nlcs to the cubs

a recently retired ballplayer that was working for fox as an analyst this postseason and as we know, Kenny ALWAYS gets his man.

Why? You have the best rotation in the NL. You just need a better bullpen that's not radio active.

>the best rotation in the NL
this is a joke right?
Cueto and Bumgarner are just two pitchers.

doyers, mest, cusb, gnats all have better rotations don't be a fool

They don't need all of that dumbass. You're acting like they were a 70 win team last year, they won 87 and finished 4 games out of first place. They have some good bullpen arms, if they can sign at least 2 big names like Holland and Melancon they'll be in good shape. Their lineup is solid at just about every position but they could use 1 power bat at 3rd or left field, but the first priority is bullpen

Now kill yourself

is this a double or triple falseflag? you can't be serious.

>doyers
Kershaw and a bunch of literal who's
>cusb
Lmao no
>mest
Maybe if they can stay healthy (they can't)
>nats
Strasburg is made of glass.

they won't sign either if we're being honest. Why would anyone want to ay in SF? Posey isn't good offensively and hasn't done shit in the post season since 2012. Bumgarner is the only good thing that team haa going for them. Samardzija will be the #2 after next year. If that doesn't scream third place I don't know what does. The Giants were over performing for the first half they played much like themselves during the second half. They're an okay team, but don't be a homer and say ignorant things. They have no prospects and their current lineup sounds good, but isn't actually good.

It is one of the best, top 4

I know it's hip to hate on the Giants, but you'll see, it's not that crazy. It's a solid rotation 1-5, especially 1-4

K bro, weak shit bait is weak. Crawford and Belt are only improving, everyone else has maintained about the same level of production. Even Posey only dipped slightly and he was battling nagging injury.

Go masturbate to Kershaw and drink piss

this delusion is scathing... if you're too afraid to admit that the dodgers have a better rotation then you're just too far gone to have a conversation with. The mets are getting Harvey back and the nationals have a much more sound rotation while also being young with Ross and giolito and Roark.

>Cubs, Nationals, and Mets all had more quality starts than the Giants in 2016
>Cubs, Nationals, and Mets al had better starter ERA than the Giants in 2016
>Mets, Nationals, Dodgers, and Cubs all had better starter FIP than the Giants in 2016
>Mets, Nationals, Cubs, and Dodgers all had better starter WAR than the Giants in 2016

Giants are clearly the 4th/5th best rotation in the National League.
Top 3 are easily the Cubs, Nationals, and Mets in no particular order. Then the Dodgers are possibly better still than the Giants.