literally the best movie ever made

best movie for dads

what went so right.
road warrior wish it was this good.

Now that's what I call contrarian

Not even the best Mad Max film

no. the best movie for dads is the dollars trilogy and the naked gun movies

what are you fucking retarded

That movie is filler, they had no money for cars and stuff until they did the sequel

>best story
>best characters
>best villain
>best setting
prove me wrong

Lord Humungus>Immortan Joe>Toecutter>Aunt Entity

Wrong on all counts. The first Mad Max is impressive for a film made by amateurs but it greatly suffers from the awful soap opera scenes where Mel Gibson tries to act. The Road Warrior is a huge improvement in every way.

Where does Thunderome fit in with this?

>its slow paced so it must be a better movie

Seriously, anybody who doesn't think the first Mad Max is the best one has shit taste.

In the original movie we have Max torn between The Mobile Force Patrol and his family, he can't decide if he has a responsibility towards either or if he can make both work. Eventually Toecutter's gang kills his family but rather than forcing him into committing to the MFP and giving the Australian people 'back their heroes' like the MFP chief wanted he quits and hunts down the gang in straight up dirty revenge rather than justice. That's interesting. That's something I want to watch multiple times. Not to mention that while the scale doesn't really compare the action scenes in the first movie are very well done. Toecutter's gang come off as genuinely weird and dangerous and the car chases feel fast and grounded. A fleet of trucks barrelling across open desert is one thing, but rural Victoria is interesting in its own way. The roads are long and meandering, the scenery is kind of pretty and the smaller scale makes things personal. Also being Victorian I drive along the same stuff so it's cool to see it in a movie, but I don't think that makes me too biased.

Mad Max > First half of Thunderdome > Road Warrior > Fury Road >= TD pt 2

in the garbage

Fury road was better

shut up jay

see, that's the problem
it is a GREAT movie
it is even a great mad max movie
but it is not road warrior

Fury road is mediocre, is slick and well executed action but a totally empty movie outside of that. With the focus shifted away from Max almost completely the movie has practically no conflict outside of 'flee from/kill the bad guys.' I don't mind the idea of a Mad Max movie focusing on somebody other than Max, but ideally Miller would do that to tell a story he couldn't otherwise tell since Max's potential is more or less tapped. It seems more like Furiosa exists to facilitate more action than anything else. More action is fine but I always saw Mad Max as more than that. Given the attitudes on display in this thread and the rest of the world I don't blame Miller for making Mad Max a straight action franchise but I'm personally very disappointed with the result.

Was ie ever explained how in the span of 3 movies, the world of Mad Max goes from relatively normal to POST APOCALYPTIC PETER PAN!

>tfw only watched Fury Road because I want to be dominated by Furiosa

shit hits the fan, literally

oil and war

This is true.

Based Ayatollah of Rock and Roll-ah

>plot
>characters
>important
kek, I bet you think Battleship Potemkin is mediocre and "empty".

It is, you slavaboo piece of shit

>omg recorded him smashing the plate three times wow much art many cinema xdd

I like the original a lot more. Humungus is great but I didn't give a shit about Papagallo and his followers so the tension was kinda lost on me. It was a lot more satisfying to watch Johnny the Boy and Toecutter die since they killed charactersI felt sympathetic for. Especially Goose

Actually Goose might be my favourite Mad Max character so I'm biased

Humungus is sexy af
that's why I like it

>Best dad movie
>Not Alien

personal and/or visceral deaths are better than shitloads of mooks dying too

the elevator scene in drive
the last act of straw dogs
ditto taxi driver
all the killings in sympathy for mr vengeance

max turning his back on his old life and old self in committing cold blooded murders in mad max.

it sets the character up for the sequels so i suppose you cant keep going back to that well, it would be stupid if he regained his humanity only to lose it again in every film, but its what made the original so compelling

First of all, the stunts and action sequences are SPECTACULAR. Tom Hardy breaths life into Max Rockatansky and Charlize Theron is excellent and emotionally perfect as Furiosa. The story opens, with Immortan Joe who has young ladies as his wives, but he'll goes down when they escape the sadist's hands. Max, who has a violent past with Joe's cronies, decides to help Imperior Furiosa take the girls somewhere safe. Furiosa can't trust Max, and neither can he. So it all comes down to Joe's cronies fighting against them reaching to their destination. The movie is a bananas car chase for the runtime, as Max and Furiosa work together to fight against the evils. And then, there is Nux, a bonkers "really skin coloured" guy, who works with Joe, played well by Nicholas Hoult. The 3D really pays off, and is worth the extra ticket. The movie puts all other action movies of shame, the effects really pop out. Well, this is a definite masterpiece. One of the best movies of the year, one of the best action movies ever made and the role of Theron's life. Miller is truly a mastermind as stated clearly in the trailer. This exceeded my expectations, and will exceed yours as well. The dark style, dark comedy and the over the top characters make a return in this reboot.

Rob Ager?

I dont know why, but I've always felt there was a chunk missing from Mad Max.
The Road Warrior was fucking perfect, and Beyond Thunderdome was great until the weird fairy tale children

The opening montage of road warrior is the best part of the whole series

It is
Eisenstein always was and always will be a hack

David?

>the focus shifts completely from max

Yeah, that never happened in a mad max film.

>haha let me spout RLM memes because I can't formulate my own opinion
Focus doesn't shift that much in the first two films
In fury road you see Furiosa more than Max

This.

I always felt like Thunderdome was 2 half written plots mashed together.

This movie is so gay

And that's not considering all it's fundamental flaws involving pacing, and its inability to decide who is the main character. The best part about it is the main villain and the glimpse of Mad Max 2 at the end when Mel loses his shit, but besides that it was trash

>cheesy as fuck
>full of clichés
>one dimensional, unoriginal characters

Yeah no

The movie had two directors. George Miller probably only worked on the first half.

...I unironically like Alien and Naked Gun

Who the fuck hates Naked Gun and Alien?

>he thinks that's an unpopular opinion
Do you have autism?

Yes.

I have been diagnosed with aspergers so I am in the spectrum, yes.

>hurr people complaining that Fury Road isn't about Max are retarded
>look at us belly-laughing at them
>they're such retards lol Well gee captain

fartface, I guess having Furiosa do everything in the movie and Max just tagging along isn't enough of a clue that Max is a secondary character, right? I guess having a total of TWO scenes to himself in movie (the pre-title and the post-storm) isn't enough to give away that he's not a main character, right? It was never about how much he actually talks in the fucking movie, it's just that in every single scene where both Furiosa and Max are in the picture, EVERYTHING focuses on her, not him. That's what a main character looks like. Did the Gyro Captain ever hijack Max like that? No he fucking didn't, he was a secondary character. I never even fucking heard anyone say "hurr Max meddles in other people's affairs it's not like the other Max movies", that shit is just something fatso pulled out of his ass so he can joyfully belly-laugh at how right he is. I love Fury Road as an action movie, but saying bullshit like that just boggles my mind.

That would explain a lot

>This really good and well made movie isn't good at all, because this woman has exactly 28% more scenes than the man! This is an outrage!

I'M DYING LAUREN

Oh yeah you'd like him to dominate you wouldn't you? Shove his .44 magnum deep inside you.

> Tom Hardy breaths life into Max Rockatansky
Gibson was much better.

> the stunts and action sequences are SPECTACULAR
Same is true for The Road Warrior

> The story opens, with Immortan Joe who has young ladies as his wives, but he'll goes down when they escape the sadist's hands. Max, who has a violent past with Joe's cronies, decides to help Imperior Furiosa take the girls somewhere safe. Furiosa can't trust Max, and neither can he. So it all comes down to Joe's cronies fighting against them reaching to their destination. The movie is a bananas car chase for the runtime, as Max and Furiosa work together to fight against the evils. And then, there is Nux, a bonkers "really skin coloured" guy, who works with Joe, played well by Nicholas Hoult.
Replace women with gasoline, Immortan Joe with Lord Humungus, Furiosa with Pappagallo, and Nux with the Feral Kid.

This is the second most contrarian thing I've ever seen.

I wouldn't call a world were gangs of Bikers terrorize the country side and the police operate out of damn near dilapidated buildings normal.

Outside of Detroit of course.

I thought it was just in some shitstained outback in the 1st one not already post apoc

I literally turned it off after half an hour. The 'bad guys' were gay and cringey as fuck Mel is based but this film is fucking shit.

2/10

The bad guys weren't gay and cheesy?

Give me an honest fucking answer.

Well two of them were gay. The red mohawk guy and his bottom. If that's what you mean

And no, they weren't cheesy. They were perfectly acted in a wild manner. The whole idea is that people went insane in the apocalypse. Is that hard to get?

They were cringeworthy, period. It made me turn the film off and I never, ever do that.

So tell me, Einstein, what are some proper, non-cringeworthy character pieces that you enjoy

So?