James Wan on his upcoming Aquaman movie

>"The opportunity to explore this universe, you know bring a bit of my horror element into this. The deep sea, the scary world and then also explore the wondrous element of Atlantis"

>A Horror + super hero movie confirmed
This is going to be absolutely amazing!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RsMZ6XxEfDU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>film comes out
>why is it not finding nimo why is it scaring my children 27% rotten

If critics seriously write this then they deserve to lose their job

itll be as much atlantis as thor is asgard

that is: fuck all

Aquamn is suppose to be funny and to ride pink seahorses, DC is grim dark and takes this whole "don't trow garbage at the sea" too seriously, instead of talking with fishes aquaman is attacked by monsters that look like out of a lovecraft book. Terrible movie, too scary.

I can bet this is what a reviewer will write about it

fuckin hyped, depp sea

#notmyaquaman
#aquamanshouldbefun

I can only imagine Aquaman going up against a beast like this.

Imagine an entire city being flooded while he has a big battle with all different types of sea creature being being able to control some to fight the rest.

Maybe Wan may incorporate some "nightmare" visions which Aquaman has about his past (similar to Affleck in BvS). I like those nightmare scenes (me being a fan of Lynch's Twin Peaks content).

I do hope to see Wan experiment with things like this in the movie.

>72404394
Sounds familiar senpai

So you would rather see a movie about a man who swims with dolphins and makes fish friends?

Or would you rather see a movie where a man is chased and hunted by demonic large fish?

Dr Strange isn't horror, but it sure does feel like some dream-like thriller so I am looking forward to seeing it.

I hope we get a game for this. There hasn't been a good video game based on a movie in ages.

Can't wait to see what happens when Thor's done right.

DUDE WI-FI PASSWORD LAMO

The new Thor movie looks like it may be set in the 80's so if it is then I am super hype

You have no idea, bloggers calling a movie fascist is considered legit criticism

But there's jack shit Aquaman could do to one of those.

>Mike: I have zero interest, and I'm sure 90% of the world does too, in seeing an Aquaman movie
>Jay: Hahaha
>Mike: If you want to make a Justice League movie that's fine, but that's a dead end
>Jay: Outside Batman and Superman DC is full of really lame characters
>Jay: Marvel is doing things inteligently and correctly
>Mike: And Marvel movies are fun...

DUDE DRINKING SO BADASS!

DELETE THIS

Why do some actors look like CGI in modern day movies? Is it because of the digital cameras?

Will Khal Drogo ride the a seahorse and unite the fish against Cthullu?
Or better, will Khal Drogo ride Cthullu at the end?

You know Frank Herbert's Dune? Aquaman apparently can control any form of sea life so maybe he may somehow control it like Paul Atreides controls a sandworm in Dune and then rides that into battle to defeat an enemy.

He can control all creatures of the sea and if he can't, he can just kill it.

imagine if they cast Emilia Clarke as the main villain who he has to take down while trying to fight a demonic poisonous fish that she controls.

Because Tilda is secretly entirely CGI

What if we're all just CGI?

Remember when Dune (Arrakis) used to have oceans? Those were the days.

Isn't Aquaman supposed to be the jolliest motherfucker around?

He is in Batman the Brave and the Bold, but in the 90s, Aquaman was pretty much how he's portrayed in the trailer.

Only if she gets the lower body of a squid.

>Originally in Silver Age continuity Arthur Curry (Aquaman) was the son of a lighthouse keeper named Tom Curry and a woman named Atlanna. Tom Curry lived in Amnesty Bay, Maine and raised his son with wife in the local Lighthouse. Arthur started to manifest incredible strength and speed at a young age, as well as the abilities to breathe underwater and talk to fish. On her deathbed, his mother revealed that she was an exiled Queen of Atlantis and he would someday inherit rule of the seven seas. His father gave him an education and taught him to control his powers, eventually allowing him to grow up and become the super-hero Aquaman.
So Aquaman's mother was a Queen of Atlantis and his father was just a normal human

But Cthulhu isn't a sea creature, he's an abomination from beyond the starts!

>he's an abomination from beyond the starts!
So he's your mom?

But DC is all about "Gods/Demons from above" so if they were to use Cthulhu, it would make sense.

Yeah but hopefully this nightmare scene actually makes sense within the context of the movie

Sick burn! Point 1 to user! The scoreboard now reads
user: -minus infinity +1
Life: infinity

Are you kidding... can you please stop with this meme "BVS NIGHTMARE DIDN'T MAKE SENSE IN THE FILM" yes it did for the last time...

If you are referring to the wasteland scene then it made perfect sense and I am not explaining it again. If you are referring to the Man Bat then again it made perfect sense with Bruce suffering from the inner demons of losing his parents, losing Robin. It jumping out of his mother's grave (Martha) is symbolic of his fight with Superman and the revelation as he realizes that he has become that villain who killed his parents by killing Superman.

Also: give me the extended cut for the first Warcraft before you start making a sequel.

oops wrong thread KEK

True that

you just wait and see. people are fucking retarded nowadays

I sure hope it goes the mainstream line. can't afford to not get a second aquaman movie, goddammit. they can't do this to me

To be fair that is how I felt after seeing BvsS, this new JL trailer was nice, and Aquaman looked alright but I still can't really care about his movie.

He could be like Thor, cool in the Avengers, and boring in his own movies.

>I actually thought Momoa could be a decent Conan

Batman shed his 60s camp image with Burton's flick.

Aquaman might shed his lame ass flimation image with this one, assuming it doesn't suck

I kind of hope not. I loved jolly Aquaman. I want him to be the one campy faggot in a room full of brooding tightwads.

The latter since I'm not a manchild

>a horror director making a movie about the deep ocean
Holy fuck yes

>Dr. Strange
>a horror + superhero movie

Horror? I think you mean horrible.

Pretty sure that's bait.

>james wan
its just going to be filled with cheap jump scares

>Aquaman
youtube.com/watch?v=RsMZ6XxEfDU

What is that faggot even supposed to do?

He's okay on land, but unbeatable in the ocean.

I'm watching it solely for underwater Khal Drogo.

If the CGI is Dead Man's Chest tier this will be a breakthrough film.

>This is going to be absolutely amazing!
go home reddit you're drunk

Aquaman's seahorses dismembered merpeople before he domesticized them or some shit though

In the comics, Aquaman puts Cthulu (who wakes upevery year) to sleep

He's the guy who makes jokes about hentai while fighting Cthulu.