KONG: SKULL ISLAND

youtube.com/watch?v=E591L_sxw-k

What's your opinion on this so far? I think it looks pretty good. Great setting, beautiful rich colors, nice cinematography. Effects look good. I hope we get huge insects and spiders.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla–Kong_(film_series)
youtubedoubler.com/?video1=YK5hbs4LOI8&start1=0&video2=2Beda3kFNjo&start2=0&authorName=why we slap
youtube.com/watch?v=MeRPfv9sm-w
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SquareCubeLaw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

We wuz kongs n shiet

As unoriginal as it looks, maybe it'll be good.

Is Sam Jackson's character supposed to be an antagonist in the vein of that military guy from Avatar?

Another Leslie Jones movie? Enough already

>it ain't me starts playing

Maybe, but when does he not play a really assertive badass, even when he's good he's still bad

>It ain't Monkey starts playing

Looks okay, I like the cast. I'm just worried it'll be too similar to the new American Godzilla movie which was fucking awful.

>Niggers are apes amirite guize?!
>Am I cool yet?

>Kang v Kong

inb4

>"we just had a Kong reboot"
>complaining about the crossover/cinematic universe
>muh square-cub law
>complaining about the color pallette
>asking about the island's ecology

you must be really funny at parties right?

Those are all legitimate except the square/cube which is mildly autistic.

You think they'll end up doing Kong vs Godzilla?

t. Redditor

The size of that hand print doesn't make any sense.

>Kong
>he's only in 15 minutes of the flick

Will this be a sequel to Jackson's King Kong?

If you thought that was awful youll probably hate this.

>mfw Samuel L Jackson only got the part due to his name

Yeah this Kong is not the OG King Kong.

Where you've been buddy

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godzilla–Kong_(film_series)

Serious question, what makes you think this will be like the jack black king kong based on the trailer?

There seemed to actually be a real tension between the characters which if i remember that wasn't really that present in the other one

Why is Kong standing like a person?

>Samuel L Jackson
I'm really getting tired of that nigger already.

He just felt like doing so

>huminz r badd hurr

dropped immediately

Just the time shift. Jack Black's was set in the 20s, Skull Island looks like it's Vietnam period.

>What's your opinion on this so far?

It's a big fucking gorilla....which is neither original, scary, or even remotely enticing.

Here's the entire movie:

1. OMG IT'S A BIG GORILLA GUISE!!
2. Big gorilla wrecks shit.
3. ??????
4. Big gorilla loses in the end.

Just like every other fucking King Kong movie that's ever been made...

So will he be like his predecessor and kidnap the girl?

Maybe that silhouette is an effigy built by the natives.

Kong in the Toho movies stood straight up like a person.

This is a cinematic universe shared with Godzilla, the island wil be filled with all sorts of kaiju and Kong won't die because of the Godzilla vs Kong crossover of 2020

Next complaint please

Viet Kong: Harambe's Revenge

I like that Kong threw a tree at them.

Except we know he survives and fights Godzilla. Also it's said this is an origin story of how he would recieve the title"King" Kong. So he's probably going to wreck shit and the survivors will scurry off the island yapping about him and bam Godzilla vs King Kong

>Kang Kong

Hopefully they remake that scene of him shoving a tree down Godzilla's throat.

>gooks in the wire starts playing

They have to do it gritty and epic so it will be a Ya-Te-Veo tree or a poisionous plant

It's getting the godzilla treatement
>MAKE IT BIGGER!!1!1lmao§?!
That is enough make me walk away in disgust.

Leslie Jones is getting good roles, I guess Ghost Busters wasn't a failure for her

are there any other monsters going to be included or just godzilla and kong?

I'm excited for Sasquatch-Kong. If he's gonna be giant it's better he look like that than a gorilla.

He obviously meant "again" with pitting godzilla 2014 vs kong 2017, smartass.

lol

>Go to skull island
>It ain't me starts playing

this shit will be fun
but i hate it already, sequels and remakes shouldn't be made anymore

Why even bother? After the MUTO trainwreck I'm not expecting anything good from them.

>not "Fortunate Kong"
fags

This will be the Kong-Kino we deserve friend

Read the wiki article posted above, they said they will use classic and new monsters. There's a giant spider in the trailer which might be Kumonga. The Godzilla director is no longer on board but he mentioned wanting to use the Monster Island concept, so they might use Skull Island as toho's monster island

kek

>From the producers of GODZILLA

welp I guess we aren't gonna see the monkey for about 80% of the movie.

Reminder if you dislike Jackson's King Kong (2005) you're an absolute fucking pleb and should kys if you ever get the opportunity

we all know the movie becames shit after they leave the island, it doesn't get more fun than that

who else will walk out off the cinema when that happens?

Is it me or this Kong looks too fucking big from this perspective?

They don't leave the island until the end of the movie

The go looking for the fountain of youth

Next complaint please

Yeah, he's pretty ridiculous here. I thought the Peter Jackson one had the best size for him.

Any word on how tall this Kong is? New Godzilla is 355 feet so if Kong isn't at least 200 feet I don't see how he can compete.

Are they gonna have another "giant carnivorous worms eat several humans alive" scene? That was pretty horrifying in the 2005 movie. Practically the only memorable scene for me, aside from how beautiful Naomi Watts was.

he's a big guy

The colors remind me of Apocalypse Now

there's a GIANT SPIDER in the trailer, so maybe

>explorer troop discovers those huge spiders from the trailer in the jungle and hide/hold still until the spiders have walked past
>later in the movie they discover Kong and he chases them
>explorers run away through the thick jungle and cross those giant spiders again which now also chase after them
>Kong gets closer and the spiders start attacking him, crawling up his legs and back, biting him etc.
>Kong crushes some with his feet, grabs others and crushes them with his hands, puts others in his mouth and chews them to death, etc.
>explorers use that moment to get away

There. Perfect 7-10 minute tense action scene for the middle of the movie.

youtubedoubler.com/?video1=YK5hbs4LOI8&start1=0&video2=2Beda3kFNjo&start2=0&authorName=why we slap

mute the video on the left (the trailer) for maximum enjoyment. amazing how well it synchs up, really can't be a coincidence!!!

>Jews keep making and re-hasing absolute hot garbage
>neckbeard eunuchs keep throwing money at them for it

You should all be gassed...

lmao

he's Kong's absentee dad

For you.

What's wrong with the color palette ?

>mfw Kong gets the shit beaten out of him by Godzilla for being an apelet

Why not?

Nope. In this universe the first monster attscks were in Godzilla 2014. but the government organization MONARCH knew about Godzilla long before that, since like the 50s.

This movie will show MONARCH discovering Kong

How can mammals even compete?

Anons have said it's too saturaded/hollywood

not teal enough for them. god forbid we get a film every now and then that actually has color in it.

So Hollyjew has gone from remaking films every 20 years to every 10 years now?

When can we expect another War of the Worlds then?

looks too yellow to me, but overall ok

Looks rad besides Sam Jackson. So sick of him dude. Hey look its Sam Jackson being Sam Jackson in a different outfit! I guarantee he's the one who will drop the one F bomb allowed per pg13 movie.
>didja see that!?
>that big monkey mothahfuckah? Yeah we saw dat
>que laughter

>kaiju flick
>it aint me starts playing

youtube.com/watch?v=MeRPfv9sm-w

change the title to Fortunate Kong

I like that Kong has more of a human/sasquatch build as opposed to just being a literal giant gorilla in the Jackson movie.

agreed. it's sad because the guy is a legit great actor when he's given the chance. I can't think of any recent examples except django unchained and maybe black snake moan before it.

The dawn of Kong Kino?

>Kong
so King Kong is suddenly not cool enough?

Why do the helicopters have to get within his grabbing distance? Why not sit at range and shoot instead?

Yeah but at the same time remember it was Serkis in a mocap suit selling you on it being an upscaled Gorilla, give credit where it's due mang

the film's big deal is that it's a metaphor for the vietnam war. it's set in that area. kong here is metaphorically the viet kong. that's why they're leaving out the "king" this time.

>inb4 black people complain this is another example of whiteys diminishing their legacy

M60s have an effective range of 1200m. Whats the reach on kong?

>it ain´t me starts playing

just kidding, but it looks like an average vietnam flick

I have absolutely no problem with huge ass monster movies and wish they would replace superhero movies.

kong will win, end credits roll with monkey man playing

square-cube law?

absolutely true. I don't understand how people can't get sucked up into a long movie where it builds such an interesting world. Gd plebs made me feel bad for liking it

This. The main reason they bitch about this movie is that it's 3 hrs long.

Usually gets brought up when discussing giant creatures and such, it's pretty interesting but at the same time a boner killer

tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/SquareCubeLaw