/grimes/

Let's talk about the artist of the decade, Claire Boucher aka Grimes.

>it's annoying i know haha, but my albums take a long time to create because i don't buy songs/ hire producers/ writers or engineers. the majority of artists do, so they are able to release music faster. unfortunately it takes me longer because if there's a style i need to learn i just have to figure it out by trial and error, or if im stuck on a lyric or beat sometimes i have to start again. i think it leads to more original product though, and hopefully the fans are happier in the long run. that said, i am making a lot of music right now, but i also want to have more of a sonic theme to this album so i'm using less of the stuff i'm recording. in any case, ill try to be as swift as possible!

Thoughts on this? Favorite songs? Did you see her live? How did you find out about her and when? How would you rate her albums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/6k4Ww-M4deg
youtube.com/watch?v=1FH-q0I1fJY
youtube.com/watch?v=N_hOYZ90_iQ
actuallygrimes.tumblr.com/post/144509733624/sup-i-have-learned-some-stuff-that-u-may-find
billboard.com/artist/303162/grimes/chart
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I think she has a serious bug up her ass.

grimes? more like audiovisual crimes

>Thoughts on this?
Very cool.

>Favorite songs?
atm:
- Avi
- Swan Song
- Urban Twilight
- Skin
- World Princess Pt. 2

>Did you see her live?
Yes - she was awesome.

>How did you find out about her and when?
Randomly stumbled on the video of her live KEXP session on Youtube.

>How would you rate her albums?
Art Angels > Halfaxa/Darkbloom > Visions > Geidi Primes

Explain

>Art Angels > Halfaxa/Darkbloom > Visions > Geidi Primes
I'd put Visions first.

Such a fooool.

>I'd put Visions first.
Then why don't you?

>what I think
Awesome
>favs
Circumambient, world princess ii, pin, genesis, infinite love
>how did I find this
Last FM
>rating
Visions- 8.5/10
Art angels- 9/10

>and when?
Forgot to add - early last spring.

Grimes explanation when
Grimes refund when

user, spamming on /mu is against the rules.

Why would Grimes owe you a refund for a ticket to a Florence and the Machine concert desu?

This thread seems more peaceful than yesterday's

HELP

ive had Vanessa on loop for like 30 minuets now, what do I do? How can I stop?

Switch to this:
youtu.be/6k4Ww-M4deg

But this feels like the absolute sweet spot peak of grimes

i like her earlier stuff and visions more than art angels era stuff

Switch to youtube.com/watch?v=1FH-q0I1fJY

or youtube.com/watch?v=N_hOYZ90_iQ

put urban twilight or crystal ball on loop for 1 hour

most beautiful woman ever

Or Circumambient.

What about her talent?

I think it would be fun to catch birds with a net and attach them with collar with bells attached, like how some people do with their pet cat. And then release them into the wild to fuck with people. The more birds the merrier.

trash

you guys are f a g s

(You)

You're a cool guy user.

Beauty standards are based around sexual appeal. Grimes is cute. She hates being called that so, good luck figuring that shit out. and make it good baby.

i know i am

she still makes shit tunes are you guys still are fags

you know it aswell

>She hates being called that so
she hates her music to being reduced to cute act

Whether she is cute or not, Claire has least to say in this naturally. I think she very cute and adorable.

>She hates being called that so
Not anymore. She said she doesn't mind that (it's like a first world problem). I can't find the exact link because the shitty archive has problems with the search function.

Stop bullshitting, retard. If you don't like her music, why don't you get the fuck out of here?

>I know you are but what am I

Waitaminute, they're letting broads make music on their own now???

Yes, broads like you could make music on their own. Now, GTFO.

It's not fair though.

I agree, how could you even resist a girl in loose outfit with messy hair, snacking something while leaning on crippled feet.

Its probably because she attracts easy to wind up faggots as fans.

Anyone who has folders of assorted pictures of an artist for no reason than hobby or pleasure is a major faglord.

>Grimes_(886)

wowtbh

rude

>hating female artists
You're a faggot.

It's the leg and her noncaring attitude towards it...

>noncaring attitude
yeah now she has to take medication for week bones because of her unthoughtful diet

This.

also art angels is fucking awful overproduced pop.
CALIFOOORRNNIIAAAA

>1882
intense autism

>assuming its anything to do with gender
beta male

>how could you even resist a girl in loose outfit with messy hair, snacking something while leaning on crippled feet.
>its the leg

For how long?

ur an idiot

>dumbfuck detected

Scream is overproduced pop?

>he makes comments only using evidence i have provided
>better insult his intelligence

Keep collecting your stalker file, faggot.

Whole album

>sup. i have learned some stuff that u may find informative:

>not eating/ avoiding animal products is fun, healthy, great 4 enviro and opens many culinary doors! but please remember if u are a herbivore (aka ‘vegan,’ although i personally avoid that term because it can be associated w a culture of shaming which i think discourages people from making the leap) to take calcium supplements with vitamin D/ magnesium (required to absorb the calcium) or eat foods that provide calcium (sesame seeds, spinach – google can tell u). i have mad calcium deficiency because i was a fool for like 15 years and never consulted a dietician or doctor or whatever. its v important to read up and not be a fool

>so, important: you stop absorbing calcium when ur about 26 - 30. !!!!

>consequences of calcium deficiency = taking gross giant pills every single day for the rest of ur life or face osteoporosis.

>sorry for the spam haha.

>xo

>G
actuallygrimes.tumblr.com/post/144509733624/sup-i-have-learned-some-stuff-that-u-may-find

>stalker file
Lmao! Stop stalking her threads, faggot.

>Hey Grimes, i'm you're biggest fan!

>I read your blog every day and talk about you with other fans on my favourite imageboard!

>I know you don't like to be called cute but I think you are so beautiful and talented, I have thousands of pictures of you from all over the internet, I compile them in a folder so I can post about you with pictures of you!

>pic related

pretty good music man

>retard whining that people post images on an image board
you're completely stupid

>projecting that someone is complaining this hard

whos complaining you make me feel very good about myself compared with your pathetic levels of fandom

>I also pirated all your music and never bothered to go to any of your concerts

>the majority of artists do,
she's trying to pin herself as some special snowflake here but the vast majority of artists don't hire writers or producers. only the majority of big industry names do.

That turkey would make a great pipe.

not really man

no?

just no

oh fuck what are you doing.

>the albums take a long time to create because i dont actually have much talent but compared to these other CHEATS im good because my fanbase would eat my turd if they could

>having thousands of pictures of a woman isnt weird
it is
>assuming that it isnt beta to think that any criticism about someone directly relates to their gender
it is
>its the leg
it is

Isn't Grimes the chick in the meme picture with the sweat, unibrow, and moustache?

I'll pass hhaha.

death

? Egyptian robes

that ayy lmao bitch FUCKING KEK bump

Are you having a stroke, user?

>chick

i fucked my quote up

what's her best album ?

No. That's a shitty photoshopped pic.

hounds of love

Visions

>her

what do you mean ?

I have a feeling that *someone*'s posts will disappear...

That's fine mods will always be cuckolds anyway

>modding an imageboard for free
loltbh

yeah, I have a feeling Grime's dick might have disappeared.

thanks anons ima torrent them

hi

user, why don't you support the artist?

hi

hello

dear shitposters, why fighting?

>self-improvement
this is the most terrifying image i've ever seen

i hope she gets smushed by a landing helicopter

lets put our differences aside and make moo great again!

In which case listening to some of her later stuff should be better at helping curb your mildly addictive behavior.

yuck

>only the majority of big industry names do.
Hence her point. Artists on a high enough level to be releasing top-40 records almost invariably buy (aka commission) songs, higher writers/producers, or employ sound engineers to help complete their albums. And as of Art Angels, Grimes is in the business of releasing top-40 records.

>turkey

>Grimes is in the business of releasing top-40 records.
lol

>what did he mean by this

top 40 is cancer term

I don't believe that anyone beside memerap fans would use it without being under 40 layers of irony.

>top 40 is cancer term
It's also a technical business term for albums which manage to sell to the order of making it into the top-40 slots of the Billboard top 200 albums chart. Art Angels peaked at #36, therefore it is a top-40 record.
billboard.com/artist/303162/grimes/chart

patricians don't need sheeple metrics? is this so hard to get?

good for her. if what she's saying about sticking to authentically writing her own shit, i'm proud of her.

'Patrician' is just a self-aggrandizing term used by assholes to identify themselves as assholes to non-assholes. Get over your meme definition of what top-40 means.

elitism is only good thing about places like mu or rym.

If you dislike it just go back to the normie place you crawled from.

every time someone calls grimes a pop star in these threads everyone shits their pants and stresses that she isn't.

you're only saying the complete opposite now that it supports your argument.