Alright fags, my car 2002 ford focus is overheating (I constantly put water) and heater doesnt work

Alright fags, my car 2002 ford focus is overheating (I constantly put water) and heater doesnt work.

Any ideas where to start?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XoQqWAZ0mLI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

change your radiator or something dude.

Replace your thermostat. Cheap fix, will probably solve your issue.

Blown head gasket. Trash it. Its a shitty ford anyway

I don't think the radiator cause it over heats probably once a day, maybe the fans?

Thermostat

Thermostat or water pump died

Ima look into the thermostat, I didn't think of that thanks

You're constantly adding coolant? Well maybe figure out where the coolant is going, faggot. That's probably a good place to start.

Coolant leak somewhere, if you don't see a leak it's probably a head gasket.

Thermostat is sticking shut so theres no coolant circulating

Sup Forums replies faster

If you're not getting any heat, its either the thermostat or the heater core. Check for wet spots on the passenger side floor. If so thats the heater core. Otherwise i wanna say thermostat. Cheap and easy fix.,

You had a choice. Either:

A: go to a mechanic and get an accurate diagnosis or

Sup Forums: go to Sup Forums and show them a picture of the body of a car and ask "wut happnd?"

Dont buy american cars. They're shit

No wet spots, and so far everybody is saying thermostat, thanks

Although, if youre putting straight water in. its probably just boiling up and evaporating. Try a 50/50 of coolant/water and you should be okay IF its one of the previous issues i mentioned. Otherwise i can only think of a blown radiator (leak) or a blown headgasket

This is the truest of all trues.

Typical uneducated reply.
most japanese auto brands have close ties to USDM auto makers so

I'm a poor fag

yeah im not much of a carfag. i l;ike bikes more honestly. but i am getting a 240sx so im definitely gonna get into cars more.

Bought it for $400 been going strong for 2 years til this

Google faggot. Not Sup Forums

2 years? Most American cars I've seen last 3 years before falling apart.

Surprising user was not a faggot today, its very likely your thermostat but that doesn't explain adding more and more water. The thermostat stays closed to allow the car to warm up quicker, then opens and flows through the radiator and heater core which would explain both of those issues. If you are having to continually add water it may also have a leak or be burning coolant. If you have white smoke, it is burning the coolant, likely from a warped head gasket due to the over-heating (with thermostat being the original issue). When you say water, make sure you are adding 50% coolant and 50% water, you will have issues on just water.

I need a new car, but I can't give up on a car that i lost my virginity in

If it is a head gasket you will see water in your oil when you check it, if not I would say thermostat or water pump.

Okay first off don't add water. Just buy some 50/50 mix.

Second, if you have to keep adding it you probably have a leak. If you are 100% sure you don't have a leak you need to bleed the cooling system, air bubbles will prevent coolant from getting where it needs to go, IE the heater core. Which may or may not explain why you don't have heat.

Without any additional info I can't help you that much. Just take it to a mechanic. If you can't afford a mechanic pick up a Chilton manual for your car and learn how to work on it.

I've got more help on Sup Forums then Google fag has got me

See if there is a damaged hose first, if not check radiator. If thats not it, check thermostat, then water pump. Work your way down. If there is no visible location it's probably a blown gasket and evaporating before it puddles up

>Any ideas where to start?

You bought a Ford?

Buy a scion, i hear their stock is going up

You want fast replies or correct ones?

Just cause most of Sup Forums is retarded doesnt mean you cant find good info through all the shit

Correct. Do the cheapest first. If this doesn't do it, maybe check out your water pump. Just look at the weep hole.

You wont have issues on just water, don't listen to this guy.

My honda cranks but doesnt turn over, battery, starter and alternator is good. What is the chance its my fuel pump or damaged injectors. Also replaced spark plugs not too long ago

agree with user. But if they are constantly adding water they have a leak somewhere

Coolant leak
Head gasket
Water pump
Heater core (if it has one, would probably be noticeable).

Don't buy 50/50 mix. Just buy the straight stuff and mix it yourself. It's a hell of a lot cheaper.

And fill it up from the hose, demineralised water is for fags

Says no mechanic ever. Water is not meant for the high temperatures of the system, will freeze in freezing temps, and corrodes the metal you fucking faggot

Confirm you have spark and air. If you do continue on to fuel pressure, after checking the filters you can get to easily. After all that pull the tank or if you can, pull the pump from under the rear seat/ trunk. Dunno if Honda has that though.

Also thermostat isn't too hard to replace but you will need to drain the coolant. If it's not that then its the water pump. Also lookup how to burp the system youtube.com/watch?v=XoQqWAZ0mLI

no heat and leaks fluid. new heater core, and change your coolant. It'll be a pain, had to do it on my old one. Faggot.

For a short time, otherwise it will corrode and coolant is meant for cool and warm operating conditions unlike water

Also, if it's an older four banger the injectors should be easy to get to and pull for inspection.

diesel mechanic here.
Check your radiator for leaks, check to see if your water pump is leaking. if not. check your oil does it looks watery like 2 fluids are mixed? if not them change your thermostat forsure, if nothing else change your water pump. make sure the coolant system is sealed up good. do you have your cap on tight? its a pressurized system so it needs to be sealed up
gf for attention. haha

Its a 97, i can get to the pump pretty easy, just wanted to be sure before i start pulling crap

>Diesel

Go suck a dick you dieselfag. Gasoline is better, you don't know shit about gas engines, dumbass.

You could also try to add something to induce firing, like starter fluid, to the air intake and see if it fires up for a second on that. If it does it's a fuel delivery issue.

Kekked

Hol up. Dieselfag isnt that bad, at least he's not hybridfag

lol yeah. i would do the same if i lost mine in my car.

its okay fag. theres no money fixing piece of shit gas cars. make 6 figures at a dealership fixing diesels:)

Take off one of the spark plug wires and hold it to the engine block as someone cranks it to make sure they are getting spark. It won't hurt anything. If not it's likely the fuel pump. Things like injectors, compression, clogged fuel filter should still allow the engine to crank over even if shittily. I am assuming you have jump started it to make sure the battery isn't crap, have had cars that would crank but not actually start due to bad battery.

I'D DO THE SAME IF I LOST MY VIRGINITY.

100% is your problem. These stick/go bad after about 10 years.

Sorry meant spark plug with wire, just the wire won't help you

water pump would be making noise

Definately sounds like spark, just can't rule out anything.
Definately check spark and air first

huh?

I use a meter from autozone to check the batteries, came back good, ill double check the sparks and go from there thanks

head gasket? wtf, do even work on cars faggot?

Are you some kind of nigger?

If you have a leak you cannot find by just having the car running and looking around under the hood for perhaps rust spotting or whatever coolant color yours has, probably yellow.
But it has a leak which needs to be addressed first, furthermore if you have no heat and your temperature gauge is reading cold then you know that the thermostat is one to look at if you want heat, but be aware that if indeed your thermostat is stuck open, then pressure will be increased and you may have a better chance of finding the leak. If not then get a coolant safe UV dye to put in the coolant and get a UV light to find the leak. If that doesn't help, look towards the headgasket, Take out the plugs and look at how clean they are, odds are the cleanest is the problem area where water is effectively steam cleaning the cylinder. Although you would probably notice white smoke coming out of your tailpipe with the hint of burnt coolant

Op, does your car run like shit? Aside from overheating and no heat, the surefire symptoms of a head gasket is fouled plugs, watery oil, or oily coolant along with rough running and worse gas mileage. It may also throw several codes related to misfires/o2 sensors. If you remove the thermostat/warm up the coolant without allowing it to pressurize, you can look for bubbles coming to the surface of your coolant which would be compression leaking into your coolant system. Water pump may result in excessive noise, and visible leaks. Make sure your belts are good and tight, as well as in good condition. It is most likely not, but the thermostat can be removed completely and either tested by boiling in a pot of water or simply replaced for 5-15 bucks. Complete deletion will not damage the vehicle either, you can acheive a cooler running engine through this method as well as rule out that as a possible issue. Also, any other visible leaks can be the root cause.

Everyone please stop commenting, all good info is here already, don't want to fuck up his fixing journey. It is overheating AND the heater isn't working so unless there is a gigantor fucking leak spewing shit everywhere, it is the thermostat or water pump.

probably the water pump, change the t stat too

Please more of your gf