Compulsive disorder, sons and daughters
Barricaded blocks and borders
Look what you taught us!
It's murder on my street, your street, back streets
Wall Street, corporate offices
Banks, employees, and bosses with
Homicidal thoughts; Donald Trump's in office
We lost Barack and promised to never doubt him again
But is America honest, or do we bask in sin?
Pass the gin, I mix it with American blood
Then bash him in, you Crippin' or you married to blood?
I'll ask again—oops—accident
It's nasty when you set us up
Then roll the dice, then bet us up
You overnight the big rifles, then tell Fox to be scared of us
Gang members or terrorists, et cetera, et cetera
America's reflections of me, that's what a mirror does

No really why is it okay to sound like Drake on 5 whole songs? Only he could get away with it

>like Drake
>Only he could get away with it

well obviously drake can so he's not the only one

Already forgot most of everything I've heard from Damn. You can call that album anything else you want but it ain't catchy.

>XXX was originally six verses

And he'll never release that version.

he's been focusing on the same topic since 2011 only thing different is Trump

and the US has been focused on race for well over a century so what's your point

>DNA.
>ELEMENT.
>HUMBLE.
>LOYALTY.
>LOVE.
>GOD.
>Not catchy

WOW REALLY FIRED MY NEURONS

>make dumb argument
>user counters my dumb argument
>better meme to avoid owning up to my own idiocy

I think their point is Kenny needs to move on and find more interesting points of discussion, even if the US is still focusing on race. It gets fucking boring.

Hey guys, Damon here.
Should I get this Kendrick guy on my
next record? Do you think my daughter would approve? It's all going to be produced on an iPad so the production is top notch. Thanks

>find more interesting points of discussion
for you maybe, but it's still a relevant topic to a ton of people in this country. sorry your white and sorry not everything is made for you specifically.

LOVE is bad

>that neckbeard

Disagree

Christ your response is so bitchy. I'm just saying repetition is boring after a point, not that the issues aren't important. I feel that Kendrick has said his piece on racial issues on America at this point, Damn felt like he was treading over it again with little more to add.

>repetition is boring after a point
will agree swans suck

exactly, tpab encapsulated it extremely well idk why he still had to touch on it

Why does everyone seem to ignore his hilariously awkward sounding accent and teenager voice?

His spoken word is all as profound as middle school poetry too. His butterfly poem on TPAB was nu-metal levels of observation and depth.

No, Posting song names adds no value to them. Stop listening to half-assing midgets with boring beats.

care to share one of yours?

>idk why he still had to touch on it
because it affects his every day life?

I never got into Swans, the track lengths really put me off for that reason

Posting your opinion doesn't mean it has any value, either

pretty sure he did that on purpose, the verse on FEAR where he's 17 is different to the other one where he's 27

DNA is pretty good, Humble is good, the rest of those are shit

they don't understand because they're not even 17 themselves?

how can they be expected to look past face value?

I was posting catchy songs rather than 'good' songs

I know, just felt like saying it. Not denying they're all at least somewhat catchy

Is this a talent or a skill that can be developed? It's so beautiful.

this thread is bad and you should feel bad

Gay

`>he was just pretending to sound stupid!!
why do kendrick fans ALWAYS do this

? user didn't say that

Kendrick is playing a character and changing his voice so you can differentiate between them. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

Are you talking about his poem on TPAB? Because that user you replied to was. And no kendrick isn't on some deep shit that requires looking past face value to understand. He has the depth of a puddle of water.

wut.

he was talking about which is about using different voices on purpose. which was referring to the first part of and doesn't necessarily have anything to do with TPAB poem as evidenced by his use of "too" meaning "in addition."

What do you think TPAB and DAMN are about if it's deep as a puddle?

I haven't evened bothered listening to damn but tpab isn't just about a single topic and i'm not about to type a paragraph long blogpost about this trash. I'll just say mortal man is someone with a messiah complex tells his sub 100 iq fans it's someone else's fault for the position they're in and they can't get out of it.

Nigger

but the entire point of damn is that it might be their own fault?

>paragraph long blogpost about this trash
but i thought it was shallow so it shouldn't take much

Its like how Yeezus was shortened from being like 3 hours long.
I want to hear the full shit.

Yeah, but Yeezus is pretty perfect to me as it is.

>EATIN AZN PUSSY ALL I NEED IS SWEET N SOUR SAUCE
Remind me how this kike nigga is the best rapper of the current generation

>but the entire point of damn is that it might be their own fault?
Thanks for summing it up. Now i won't listen to it knowing it's just kendrick regurgitating what he says on tpab :^)

>but i thought it was shallow so it shouldn't take much
An album with many shallow songs doesn't make it deep

gkmc, tpab & damn are all completely different sounds with completely different messages. that's observable at surface listening desu.

so r u retarded and useless or just useless

>kendrick regurgitating what he says on tpab
>it's someone else's fault
literally not by your own standards.

you can't even back up your own opinion.

I didnt hear Drake lol

What??
He claims it's the government and "systematic racism" that "traps" his kind and reflects their behavior onto themselves. Hence wesley's theory, institutionalized, blacker the berry, and mortal man, especially the poem.
He never explicitly states the black man is completely at fault for his actions, there's always a force "corrupting" his mindset and doing it to him, hence my post.
Not at all deep, profound, nor innovative and thus, not deserving of the massive unwarranted acclaim it's gotten.

Love, Loyalty, and God are the three songs that shouldve been left off the album. Painfully poppy. They dont sound like Kendrick songs

let me break your own words down for you since you are a moron.

1. You first said
>tells his sub 100 iq fans it's someone else's fault for the position they're in and they can't get out of it.

2. then I said
>but the entire point of damn is that it might be their own fault

3. then you said
>it's just kendrick regurgitating what he says on tpab

To recap again:

TPAB - It's someone else's fault.
DAMN - It's our fault.

and your conclusion is that those are the same thing when in fact they are the opposite.

In his case, a lot of both. You can get better at writing through practice like any skill though

Wow this post is so incredibly ironic it hurts.
I'm not saying kendrick's intention was to say in tpab that it's someone else's fault. His intention WAS to say it is their own fault, but this holds no fucking merit when he claims there's a specific entity upholding the "oppression" .

TPAB - It's our fault, we kill each other BUT cuz of how we raised n shiet

you literally said
>tells his sub 100 iq fans it's someone else's fault for the position they're in and they can't get out of it.

quit trying to pretend you didn't. you are backtracking hard.

Yes, I did.
Kendrick INTENDS to tell his audience it's their fault.
BUT what he really ends up doing is telling them it's someone else's fault
I guess I was at fault from the start for even thinking his fans were capable of thinking critically considering they can't even see through his shit. To a moron, he's profound.

>quit trying to pretend you didn't. you are backtracking hard.
How so?

>How so?

You said one thing, and then I called you out on it. Then you said, oh well jk i actually meant this.

i'm done talking to you since you can't even be accountable for your own words. have fun.

>You said one thing, and then I called you out on it. Then you said, oh well jk i actually meant this.

No, you're just a fucking retard squabbling over semantics instead of even attempting to counter my argument.

I haven't been able to listen to any rap for awhile after Trump got elected. I can take the "cops only see us as one thing" line in every other rap song, but a Trump line seems like a cheap way to get people to say "he's woke" or some stupid shit

>using the verse that mentioned Trump
>on Sup Forums

SWAGHILI
W
A
G
H
I
L
I