I plan on joining the navy in order to become a nuclear engineer. They are offering me a fortune...

I plan on joining the navy in order to become a nuclear engineer. They are offering me a fortune, but I have to sign away ~6 years of my life. What should I expect besides absolute regret? Pic unrelated

Are you cute? Navy boys love new cute sailors. And you'll be in the military, you're not going anywhere, you cannot go anywhere.

Seriously. Avoid the military, it's a never-never land where homosexual rape is common.

i love joe rogan

hilarious doses of radiation...
you think the gubmint is going to provide you with some sort of future?
then you are not smart enough to be a nuclear engineer

My buddy works on submarines and he's gone for very long stretches at a time. Says he can't wait until his contract's up.

Side note: What on Earth is that picture anyway..

you can cross the seven seas

Thanks for your gay input. Any actual navy fags here?

But he probably gets paid a fuckload

>has intimate knowledge about being raped by military personal
Sounds like a personal problem m8

Anyone else?

Navy dag here. On a destroyer so we don't have nukes. But I've met my fair share they're a special breed of dumb. If i could do it over again I'd do it in a heartbeat. Get used to holding a broom though.

This 6 years will:
Get you physically fit
Get you tons of benefits
Get you money
Give you a huge selling point on your resume, whether you plan on going on for schooling after the military or straight into the job market
Get you respect from all kinds of people
Could even potentially get you hoes in different area codes if you feel like getting overseas strange

However, there is no glamor in what you do. Everyone admires you the same way they admire janitors. No one in their right mind wants to be him, but we all know someone needs to do it and we're glad someone is.

I too have fucked around with the idea of joining the Navy (I wanted to work in developing Railguns) but I didn't want to set down the joint and get clean lol.

Well, other than when you wear your dress blues in front of civvies. Be prepared for soaking panties.

Just ask Elon Musk if he'll let you work on the Hyperloop. Then take a segment out and put a bomb in the train. Boom, instant railgun, you can sell it to the military and be high at the meeting. Thank me later.

quads

Been in the navy 3 years, if you make it through nuke school, gratz, but welcome to the shitter. Pray for a good command, and be ready to be disappointed. Have fun on your sub or carrier.

Was offered navy nuke program before i joined. Spoke to the Air Force also. Went NetAdmin and Crypto in AF. Spent 4 years in, first year dedicated to training. Honorable discharge with certifications and bachelors degree. Now make 105k a year working on a blue team.

Goodluck with nukes, but be sure to weigh all your options. Will it transfer time to life outside the military.?

Here. I'll be honest, homoeroticism plays a massive part in Navy life but don't let that put you off. It's a great way to travel, learn a valuable trade that can be used in civilian life and pick up cute boys (if you're into that).

Being away from land for long periods of time takes some getting used to, it's natural to freak out at first but eventually it just becomes second nature. The pay and benefits are good too, honestly if people weren't so hung up on the gay aspect of life at sea, it'd be considered one of the best jobs in the world!

Where abouts are you based?

Do you have any idea how many suicides we dealt with out there in the barracks? Those guys have the highest suicide rate in the entire military.

Did you already auto qualify/pass the nuke test? If so, what are you shooting for? Mechanics mate, nuclear electrician or..?

All it is is six years of your life gone or not. Your choice.

Go see the world and do cool shit you stupid faggot.

Nukes are sooo goddamn fucking weird.

At any rate, OP, the Navy is great when you're not in it anymore. haha