Creates evil super weapon

>creates evil super weapon
>dies when its cut from his finger
i need ANSWERS. why the fuck does Sauron die when the Ring is cut from his hand?

i think he was using the ring as some sort of bad guy energy conduit to hold up a lot of the shit he built and possibly his corporeal form itself. when the ring was lost he didn't "die", he became a spooky gostmen and hung out in/around barad-dur for a long time waiting until the ring surfaced again. thats my understanding.

dont be lazy and read the books

So elf man die because put soul in ring hold body together?

yee fam 4 sh0 mi tink so

except 4 dat elfmen iz aktualy not elfmen he is maiar wich iz spiritmen. but yee w/e.

OP here
>gostman
why does being evil make him a ghost. Sarurman isnt a ghost. The Witch King is sort of like a ghost but can ride around on a dragon and shit, all the orcs arnt ghosts. Wy does Sauron get fucked and become a giant burning eye?

sauron is a beta fag, thats why

He should had just ridden the giant eagles. Ha! What a dumbshit

because sauron is a maia, which is a spirit.
It's the same reason gandalf comes back after the balrog, because they are both maiar. Sauron is a "fallen" maiar who served melkor in the first age, corrupted the men of numenor in the second in his beautiful, maiar form, and became the obvious big bad of the third age after his fall from grace and subsequent inability to change his appearance to pleasing forms.

Does anyone know anything about this game?

He just lost his physical shell. He didn't die but his influence wasn't strong enough to break the will of humans in shackles like he should have.

4niggerBiNiggers

Because he's even more influential in his spirit form, controlling the other rings.

The elves will not attack him lest all magic leaves Middle Earth.

The dwarves are driven underground to look for gold and help Sauron unearth horrors.

And Man is driven to a constant state of conflict

OP here
thanks user. clears a lot up

all i know is that it looks amazing and i want it

>dont be lazy and read the silmarillion
it's not worth it. it really just isn't. the first half is exactly as boring and tedious as reading the old testament.

makes sense

He made rings for the humans, dwarves and elves, then he put most of his own power into his own ring, so that he could control the others. It backfired. The humans became the nazgul, the dwarves lost or destroyed theirs, and the elves didn't let him connect his ring to theirs.

Shit got Jamaican real fast

The book never specifically stated Sauron died when the ring was removed, however, it was said multiple times that Sauron was overthrown and Isildur cut the ring from his hand.

I read it as a teen and I agree.

wrong. he never had a physical shell, not after the fall of numenor. don't listen to these fuckin jabronis, OP. I gotchu fam. Sauron was a maiar, a spirit in service to the valar, the greater spirits or "gods" of the elves. His original name was Mairon and he served Aule, Valar of smiths (hence his later reliance on artifices such as rings to drive his plans). He was a double-agent for Melkor/Morgoth, the original "dark-lord" of the first age, and when he finally declared open allegiance to Morgoth in the first age and left the Valar's service, he became a fallen maia and was named Sauron "the abominable" by the Noldor (a cultural group of elves like Elrond or Galadriel, as opposed to silvan elves like Legolas or his dad Thranduil who are called Sindar). When the first age ended and melkor was banished, Sauron continued his activities and eventually became the new Dark-lord, even though he still served Morgoth and waited for a way to help him return. He did the whole thing with the rings, and then set about completely corrupting the human kingdom of numenor, which was a big ass island. When he succeeded in this, he convinced the king of numenor to try and sail across the ocean to invade the realm of the valar, but the valar just said "lol no" and destroyed numenor, so Sauron's body was destroyed completely. However being that he was a maia, he has an eternal spirit and that is what the big guy in the metal armor actually is. Sauron IS a gostmen. Has been for millennia by the time of the movies. The precise explanation is that THE RING ALLOWS HIM TO CHANNEL HIS BAD GUY POWERS so that he can keep his spirit form coalesced into a semblance of a physical form.

this is all me btw. In case ur confused, OP. Basically, Sauron's unable to hold his shit together anymore because the ring is the thing that enables him to even have a "physical" form still, after his physical destruction at the end of the second age during the fall of numenor.

Because if he make a cock ring instead he'd be more powerful.

so he left his body and became a fire eyeball because he was triggered?

so why is he stuck at barad dur?

He isn't. He moves from Barad Guldur to Barad Dur after BG is liberated by the Melladhrim
(I'm not same dude btw)

The problem is that without the ring he looks like a shadow basically, you can see a visual representation of this in the hobbit when he converses with Azog, although canonically Azog is dead and that conversation never takes place.

Barad Dur is just much safer and a more strategic place to build up his army as Elves and men are not willing to travel to the corrupted lands in Mordor, where creatures far worse than Orcs exist.

Yeah, the other guy is basically right. No, he wasn't "stuck" at Barad-Dur, he was hiding there because it was his bad guy lair. Same with Dol Guldur, which I have never heard called Barad-Guldur, but maybe it's an alternate name IDK. Dol Guldur is the place in the southern area of mirkwood where radagast finds him in the hobbit movies, if that helps you out.

Barad Guldur is one of the inner sanctums where eastern sorcerers were trained in Angmar, got my names mixed for a moment. It is actually Dol Guldur

OP here
while we are at it, who the hell is this dude (ik hes the Mouth of Sauron), where does he come from. Orc? Human?

because you touch your cat at night

He's a black numenorean, so a dark man. One of Saurons most devoted followers, He was ambassador for sauron and served as his messenger.

Has anyone heard about that Total war Lord of the rings mod coming out ? I love Total war game and would literally JIZZ everywhere if there was a total war lotr

Also huge fan of Lotr Battle for middle earth I + II. Best games ever made hands down

>black numenorean
>dark man
elaborate

There's been a total war lord of the rings out for years and its really good, it's called Third Age:Total War and its for MTW2. Check it out on TWCenter.

Black in this context means evil, black-hearted. Not black-skinned. Same with "dark man". The Haradrim would probably be closer to "colored people" than anyone else we know about in Middle Earth, and they have oliphaunts which are basically elephants.

Numenoreans are the ancestors of the men and directly related to the Dunedain, who are Aragorns Rangers. Black Numenoreans are men who were corrupted and seduced by Sauron.

No, the Numenoreans are not the ancestors of men, there are many other groups of humans who have never had significant intermixing or contact with the numenoreans such as the Beornings or the Dunlendings. The Numenoreans were a race of men who inhabited a (relatively) technologically advanced island nation called Numenor, which was destroyed at the end of the second age as a result of their king's failed naval invasion of the western home of the Valar.

Not an elf man, more like a lesser angel

But yes, the Dunedain, of whom Aragorn is a member, are indeed descended from the men of Numenor. Numenoreans were said to have been taller than other men, and fairer (more handsome/beautiful). They were not the "ancestors" of men, but rather a subset of the race of men.

How do you people remember this stuff? I've been refreshing and keeping up with the posts as they have came in, and honestly the attention to detail is Fannntastix!

I never really followed the series but now I feel like I get it now.

so all numenoreans have big fucked up teeth and can see without eyes. whats with my home boy and his teeth game. does this dude have some magical powers that allow him to see without eyes?

He put his soul into it so he could send little parts of his soul with the other rings and take control of people, or some shit like that. I haven't read the simillarion.

nah his shits all fucked up because sauron wants his doods to look spooky. aragorn has significant numenorean blood in him, so just like... use viggo mortensen as an example of a typical numenorean, i guess?

Looks very lore-incompatible but I will still play it because fanboy.

>Elves too wise and fair to be controlled by one ring
>Dwarves naturally greedy, nothing said about looking for horrors for Sauron
>Man is power hungry and weak and per trope

I'm currently reading the old testament and enjoying it. Planning on starting Silmarillion in next few months.

am I autismo

Also, AFAIK, the black numenorean in the movies is actually an artistic license by Peter Jackson. I don't think the black numenoreans have been described in the books as looking hideous like that. AFAIK, per official book-canon, the black numenoreans are just those numenoreans who sided with sauron and the king during the last days of numenor, as opposed to the good numenoreans who got the fuck out of there, some of whom would later be the ruling class of Arnor and Gondor and would, after the fall of Arnor, become the Dunedain rangers as well.