Why are some movies ruined by their second half?

Why are some movies ruined by their second half?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=chLZQtCold8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I spit on your grave. 1st half is kino. Second half is trash

District 9. Not that it's completely ruined but it definitely takes a turn for generic and needless action

Ideas are hard.

Hancock.

That movie could have saved capekino for good but they pussied out.

At the time Smith had much more power than now and he could have easily said to the writers "ok hol up, what the fuck is it with the gods shit? why cant I be just a superhero?"

Now look at his career. Dead.....shot.

Batman V Superman. For all the capekino memes I actually really enjoyed the movie despite the flaws, especially the directors cut, up until the email scene and Doomsday. Not even that Batman fight scene could save it after that.

Really went from like a 7.5/10 to a 3-4.

First part was fun street art hijinks
Second part was hypocritical anti-corporate art preaching

It's hard to draw a point where BvS starts to fall flat.

Because many people don't like ideas to develop and prefer stagnation when it reflects their loneliness and cynicism.

Case in point, most Wall-E detractors enjoyed the first 10 minutes and wonder why the other 80 aren't about a robot suffering with loneliness. They don't want to see Earth return to a place where humanity can reverse it's mistakes because they've been brainwashed into thinking films with the most cynical or dark outcome are the most artistic simply by virtue of going against the mainstream.

The place beyond the pines.
fuck that movie

WWZ was actually betty bewd until they reached that lab in Germany.

The Lost World.

everything is under control and faggo has to go all greenpeace for unnatural mutant affronts to god.

basically everything done by hollywood after Hayes code

Second for Hancock.

It Follows was being interesting until the beach scene. When the monster grabs the girl's hair is the exact moment the movie falls apart and it never picks itself up again. it just gets shittier and shittier.
really frustrating desu. the movie could have been good.

In the first half, it seemed like Hancock was going to be a hilarious and edgy comedy that satirized the superhero genre.

In the second half, that suddenly changed and we got the usual romance subplot, melodramatic bullshit, and tiresome action scenes that we've seen in every other movie.

go fuck yourself

Ant-man (in fact all marvel movies)
Drive

Fucking faggot

I was actually liking the movie then it went to shit when they got their powers

well, none of those movies

First 40 minutes was kino

Wall E legitimately got worse though. The art-style just went to shit.

came to post this

>First half is her getting brutally raped
>second half is her getting revenge

Why do you hate women?

Even ruined half of the poster.

>having a pleb opinion

Return of the Jedi

Hobbit trilogy

I just turn it off after max is sent into the desert

That one was shit from the get go

>Case in point, most Wall-E detractors enjoyed the first 10 minutes

You're not confusing it with UP?

The loneliness inspection was in the movie for a significant portion. Even when Wall-E was taken out of action it focused on Eve losing her partner. I only remember those detractors whining about the segment focusing on the humans which I don't really understand because they never stole focus as much as providing a solution to the abandonment, and it really wasn't the longest part of the movie

You're wrong.

No. You're over-analyzing everything. People thought that once the axiom was introduced halfway the film sucked ass because it dropped the mysterious, thought-provoking "the humans are gone" vibe in favor of an extremely cheesy and emotionally flat conflict aboard the ship, with a garbage art style and fake looking people compared to the real ones we saw during the first half.

I think the movie was a conflict of creative views. You have the storytellers and set designers revealing this world to us through wall-e clashing with the disney-tier half of the studio.

Could've been a great film.

Children ruin everything.

Looking back, the first movie really wasn't that bad. It still tried for the feeling of the LotR trilogy.
A bit silly here and there, but so was the book.
The second movie was going okay and started to get real good with Benjamin Cummerbund's Smaug talking to Bilbo . Then it got to the completely unnecessary dorf chase for half a fucking hour.
The second movie should have ended with Smaug's death. Not have it be some tacked on intro that dumps you into the middle of the action and before you can get your bearings on the location because it's been a year since the last movie, it's over and Smaug is dead.
The actual battle of the five armies seemed like it was going to start well. The Dorfs formed up in a shield wall with spears out and my inner historical battle boner started to get hard.
And then the fucking elves come flying in, literally stepping over the formation of dorfs to do 360 NO SCOPE KICKFLIP ACTION and completely blueballed by battle boner for idiotic CGI kung fu action.

Goodfellas

I literally don't even know what happens in the second half of this movie, every person on earth says it turns to shit so after Max escaped I closed MPC and deleted the file.

This.
Act 1 is the best, Act 2 is tolerable, Act 3 is eh.
Problem is Act 1 is so good it overshadows the other two acts

best part of the hobbit trilogy was before even setting off on the adventure.
Hobbit homes are maximum comfy

>Hobbit homes are maximum comfy
I have half a mind to go dig a hole to live in in the countryside and play this all day erry day.
youtube.com/watch?v=chLZQtCold8

objectively wrong

More like Hancuck amirite?