S/fur thread

s/fur thread
I want to make a website which, although not strictly a chat client, would function very similarly to one.
Where do I start with this though?
I've never really understood how to program a server.

What's your starting point? HTML/CSS are what you need for the website itself, for the chat function php or [spoiler]JavaScript[/spoiler] will help out a lot.

Javascript I can do fine aside from sending and receiving data, which I have yet to learn how to do.
But is PHP appropriate for permanent operation of a server rather than generating HTML?

JavaScript will be your best bet then, it's just not my cup of tea is all. It is definitely powerful enough to do what your wanting.

Are you planning to host the site yourself?

dreamweaver

Isn't Javascript client only though?
I really don't know.

And it'd be nice if I could emulate having a server just on my computer to save the hassle of setting up a site until the program is finished.
Dunno how to do that though, except for simple PHP programs.

It can be pulled off with JavaScript, I haven't done it personally but I don't see why it wouldn't work. Get the clients to push new chats to your server and sync new messages back from it periodically, how you set up the server is up to you.

If it was me I'd set up an old laptop with Debian and go from there. Make sure it's on an open port, and that the clients use that port, and you should be good to go.

Well it's 1:30am here so I'm gonna get some sleep yo, good luck with your site.

This is arguably one of the most perfect furry images in existence.

>mfw it's not even an artist of FK or octamous level

Full picture.

Mediocre drawfag here. I'll take the first request I get, if anyone's interested.

(Please let me know if this isn't appropriate for this thread)

Start a MUSH. Although, MUSHs might be super outdated. I dunno.

Mind drawing my oc (pic related) in some sort of sword pose?
Ignore all the rune markings also, would only take up time.

There was something I was interested in earlier but I forget what it was.
On an unrelated note, I'd love to see a PoV picture from inside a girl's shirt as she gives some motherly (and possibly milky) love!

IT sounds like what you want to do would be easier to do using IRC as the back end and then embed an IRC client into your page.

Is drawfag working on any of the requests?

Have to head back to uni
Rip bread and my draw request

Drawfag here. Still working on them! I'll post them in the next fur thread until I get a "receipt of transmittal".

Cheers dude!
Wasn't sure if ye'd gone off or not, so it's good to know you're working on them.
I'll probably be back in about an hour and a half, hopefully there'll be another s/fur thread up by then.

Post Successful

Yay!

Yay! Successful

More successful then you know.

Why the FUCK are her paws so fucking small? It's so disgusting

Shading might be a little wonky. I'm trying to get back into smooth instead of cel.

I'll get on this. =D

If your goal is to make a chat like website i would recommend Node.JS. it's better in many way, compared to php and you can create a real time chat without problems with it!

that blade is curved more than my dick

Did you see those warriors from Hammerfell?
They had curved penises. CURVED penises

Is something like this what you were picturing?

Hey, I did introduce myself as mediocre, didn't I? =D In all seriousness though, thank you for the feedback. It's good to know what mistakes are noticeable.

I LOVE motherly shit like this

Looks class! Glad to see it was ready and waiting when I got back.
Shading looks decent enough, far better than whatever I can do anyway, lel.

Thanks a mil man.

Fucking angular and he's done, crap furfags

What the fuck is this basement dweller gonna achieve with "I've never really understood how to program a server". How the fuck you program a server you prick, gtfo Sup Forums

Why does people leak furry pics here? No one wants to see them leaked

Where is this? Why?

>does people
>leak
>No one wants to see them

Welcome to the bread

hi

can you guys post these on 8/fur/. 4/b/ is too fleeting, I can step away from the board for 10mins and the thread's gone.

Correction
Welcome to the very dead bread

Seasons' Greetings
How are we on this fine afternoon?