Almost 20 years into the 2000s and there's been no major achievements in classical music

>Almost 20 years into the 2000s and there's been no major achievements in classical music

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gXHzxMJrf9g&list=PL4sapy99eYWo6UDWqwWD3_56r8UZWFHgn
youtube.com/watch?v=yHQ7flDFFpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=dOSyRzLbyQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=pa5Y6346myw&list=PLihuX-TCHiF91I-N_Hs-41elwMbrJ_-ai
youtube.com/watch?v=82shObbF31M
youtube.com/watch?v=DscctOyPzh8
youtube.com/watch?v=BPQUXz8S7G8
youtube.com/watch?v=GKkeDqJBlK8
youtube.com/watch?v=rSrlrcpNu7o
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

meanwhile, the spirit of art has managed to live on in other expressions of music.
>NOW IF I FUCK THIS MODEL

No shit, classical ended in 1900

Hearty... fucking... hare.

Classical's achievements are not likely to be major but if you chose 30 years instead then you would have included Gorecki's 3rd, one of the biggest selling classical releases ever.

What don't you like about Knussen's, Chin's, Lindberg's, Salonen's, Gruber's violin concertos, to pick just one form composed in the 21st century?

Atonal is gradually dying which will inevitably be an achievement.

Just as the plebeian masses hadn't heard of Beethoven in his time, so does the plebeian masses remain unaware of the masters of today.

>ended in 1900

Every time I listen to modern classical it just sounds like pretentious garbage. Is there anything actually good that has been released in the 2000s?

>records his music during 9/11 to make his shit album seem artistic and meaningful from otherwise dreadful ambient music

fuck basinski and his pretentious bullshit.

No because you have limited shit taste so just carry on complaining and listening to your dad classical.

What modern classical have you listened to, and what made you think it was garbage?

youtube.com/watch?v=gXHzxMJrf9g&list=PL4sapy99eYWo6UDWqwWD3_56r8UZWFHgn
youtube.com/watch?v=yHQ7flDFFpQ
youtube.com/watch?v=dOSyRzLbyQ8
youtube.com/watch?v=pa5Y6346myw&list=PLihuX-TCHiF91I-N_Hs-41elwMbrJ_-ai
youtube.com/watch?v=82shObbF31M

Now get some fucking taste.

Classical music stopped being interesting when composers and performers stopped valuing improvisation. In the age of recording, why go see live music if there's not going to be any improvisation?

The fuck you talking about nigga? Classical music never stopped being interesting and what is jazz.

And that's why I go see live jazz all the time. Not classical though.

wow very nice

Okay

>classical ended in 1900

youtube.com/watch?v=DscctOyPzh8
youtube.com/watch?v=BPQUXz8S7G8
youtube.com/watch?v=GKkeDqJBlK8
youtube.com/watch?v=rSrlrcpNu7o

They already perfected classical music. There's nothing more to be done.

Atonal music is fucking garbage.

20th century edgy-sounding modernists will always be the best, Schnittke, Bartók, Shostakovich and the like.

First two were mediocre at best
third one was good and very interesting
fourth one
>muh ambient
fifth one was alright

Check out Fausto Romitelli and Georges Aperghis. But I agree, the quality of modern classical peaked in the 1960s.

Schnittke is underrated desu