When will Sup Forums realize that Chiastic Slide is the best autechre album?

when will Sup Forums realize that Chiastic Slide is the best autechre album?

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=KoMs8Y7Pcbs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Is it though? It it really? What makes it their best user?

I disagree but recury is the shit

cipater, chichli, recury, and nuane are some of the finest beat/sample oriented music they ever made, and songs like pule, rettic ac, and hub are fantasticly atmospheric ambient tracks

most accessible but not the best by them. still so fucking good tho

It is the best blend of their 90's era music. A lot emotion and ambience while having the technicality from tri repetae. Amazing album.

untilted is best. just as wanky as draft 7.30 or confield, yet accessible. the trees is borderline dance music

>best autechre album
>most accessible

cringe...

best is Exai

Cichli is the best

Exai is so fucking good jfc
Am I wrong for thinking it's way better than elseq?

Draft 7.30 is their best
Untilted has some of their best songs but also some of their worst (Fermium is str8 garbage) and isn't as densely packed as Draft imo

But what is their worst album?

Even Incunabula was good and innovative for it's time. I'll have to go with Untilted since it was a dramatic step-back from Draft7.30.

when i listened to it

>for it's time
key words
everything else in their discog is still arguably fresh and unmatched while Incunabula, as good as it is, sounds really distinctly dated and that makes it their worst imo
I also hate Quaristice but people tell me it's got its merits so

Difference is Untilted wasn't good even for it's time.

Incunabla has those sexy thicc synths tho

LCC, Pro Radii and Sublimit are three of the best songs in their discog and Iera/Ipacial Section aren't bad either
Not their best but far from their worst

Exai is deffo better than Elseq. Elseq is still pretty dope tho.

>tfw no physicals for elseq

Not their best but one of their most underrated albums. I'll never understand how people wank endlessly over Tri Repetae when Chiastic was a step up in every way.

I really want toblike untilted but it sounds so off to me, like the mixing is super bizarre with all of the synths pushed way down to where they have no real impact

Yeah exai is way more cohesive or a project than elseq (exai is also my favorite of theirs). Elseq has mind bending tracks that go beyond anything I've heard but it's still a bit of just a data dump and less of an album

Incanabula while yeah it does feel a bit dated I just relistened to it and kind of gained a new appreciation for it. Some of the synths and grooves are just too good

Quaristice is my favorite but apparently I'm alone on that. Untitled would be runner up followed by Exai.

tri repetae is probably one of their weaker releases. it set the sonic direction for their later stuff, but musically wasn't much a step further from amber or incunabula. there's nothing on tri repetae that wasn't improved in the future

I agree with you dudes. I'm of the opinion that the boys only improved with age and have trumped their older work in every way.

Have a sick radio mix:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=KoMs8Y7Pcbs

LP5 is best

chiastic slide sounds too much like coil for me to like it

huh, a good Autechre thread? sweet!

i'm convinced that people only pretend to like albums like lp5, exai, and confield

wich Coil have you been listening to? Chiastic Slide sounds nothing like Coil

the farty trumpet synths really remind me of coil

a truly daring opinion

Is no one seriously going to talk about Confield being their best?

Exai is actually a really beat oriented album, it was the first ae project I really got into and made me like the group. Just listen to tracks like YJY UX and recks on and jatevee c and t ess xi and bladelores i mean for christ sake it is the best autechre album dammit

>LP5
That's one of their easiest to get into.

hot take

lp5 is their worst post incunabula album

shit i meant elseq 1–5

You've got cute taste

Autechre threads are circle jerk-y at times but they are always comfy