Let's take this monologue and turn it into a fight scene with the Joker screaming like a retard

>Let's take this monologue and turn it into a fight scene with the Joker screaming like a retard

Holy shit was i mad

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qa0R_2K9iec
youtube.com/watch?v=8Ifg6x4HvAc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Hamill did fine. Him being angry/frustrated is not an unreasonable thing. I know everyone wants "le sad clown" but I don't really think it matters. The message is the same either way, Joker thinks life is a joke and can't understand why Batman doesn't get it.

>all of these melancholy, depressing scenes in the comic where the Joker is drawn as sad/resigned/conflicted
>let's make Mark read them like he's perpetually pissed off so he sounds like a badass

Why did they do this?

Mark Hamill also ruined Darth Bane with his faggot gravely "Skips" voice. I wish Timm, Hamill, and Conroy would all get blacklisted. Luke dies in episode 8 anyways.

It's not unreasonable, but it doesn't work to the movie's advantage.

These last exchanges between Batman and the Joker are supposed to be sad. In the comic, when he's given the option to be rehabilitated, the Joker's refusal is genuinely sad because you can tell from his expression and dialogue alone that he used to be human and what last shreds of sanity he has left allows him to recognize the futility and craziness of it all.

It's supposed to humanize the Joker and make the whole thing depressing. Having him just sound pissed off or disinterested ruins the emotional impact and it just sounds unpleasant.

>tfw the fan impersonation is better delivered than the real deal

youtube.com/watch?v=qa0R_2K9iec

Just goes to show you that bad voice directing can ruin someone who's usually fucking stellar. Conroy's been phoning it in for the past decade, but Hamill is usually still great as Joker. His performance was one of the only good things about Arkham Knight

Yeah after all the build up I was a bit disappointed with a lot of Mark's delivery in places.

Conroy's been hit and miss for years but Hamill always brings perfection.

He was sad in the movie too at that point when he says "no... it's far too late for that".

I couldn't get over how bad he sounded. Hamill is a fantastic voice actor 95% of the time and he's been excited to do TKJ for years, but holy shit, he dropped the ball here.

I don't mind the Joker having a husky voice, it's to be expected as he gets older, but he sounds so rushed. The final joke at the end is just spat out with no inflection or emotion. It's so fucking underwhelming.

That was mostly angry as well, literally the only sad part is "why aren't you laughing?"

That's what ya'll are complaining about? He didn't deliver one line how you wanted?

That's some Sup Forumscaroo tier shit.

Don't ever post that again.

>He didn't deliver one line how you wanted?
When it's arguably the most important line in the story and it gets delivered as throwaway dialogue, yes, it's a big deal.

He was? I just got back from seeing it, and the only thing I took away from it was how bored he sounded.

idk about the faggot the other guy linked, but the problem for me was that Hamill completely missed the mark for pretty much every piece of dialogue after Gordon is saved. He's supposed to sound like he's on the brink of despair, not some frothing at the mouth generic crazy guy. This is the one Joker story where it's okay to use the sad clown approach to him.

Is there a clip of the actual part up on youtube yet? We need it for comparisons.

> don't ruin my serious comic book fantasies with your shitty comic book fantasies you shitty comic book person

youtube.com/watch?v=8Ifg6x4HvAc
0:43

I love this post.

I never read that monologue with the joker being sad.

Y'know there are pictures that go alongside the words in comic books.

is it true that unpaid korean workers animated this

That face doesn't look sad to you?

Certainly looks like it, animation was Cartoon Network flash-tier shit.
Why they did god-tier animation for fucking Son of Batman but not The Killing Joke just blows my mind.

Welcome to the last five or six years of DC animate films.

Yes and except for the last panel posted by the op he looked like the had a lot of adrenaline and was more excited than sad.

I interpreted as more confused because he doesn't know where batman is at the moment

How is it possible that they adapted DKR so well, but then decided to fuck TKJ up? What happened? Why not make it exactly like the comic? That Batgirl montage in the beginning that took like half an hour was pointless and the tone of it was completely different when compared to the rest of the film. I know the idea of it was for the viewer to get to know the character but fuck that, nobody wanted that shit. People wanted TKJ.

I haven't seen that one but Killing Joke's art reminded me of TDK. Completely sucked all the personality of the comic and replaced it with dull backgrounds and awkward movement.