Why are they so perfect?

Why are they so perfect?

Fuck Preacher, I want a spinoff buddy-comedy about these two, they steal every scene they're in

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/MichaelSlovis
youtube.com/watch?v=2t4vXWpBMf0
youtube.com/watch?v=mhoxDJcEXdQ
youtu.be/NGbAha1sKBA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

They're great, and I'm convinced now more than ever that they are Genesis's parents

>Fuck Preacher, I want a spinoff buddy-comedy about these two, they steal every scene they're in

I'd watch that.

Good call. The one does imply he has been to hell before.

I'll be vaguely disappointed if that turns out to be the case. It takes some of the charm away from their earnestly awkward chemistry.

>Fiore gets really excited about tossing a coin
>then gets sad because he has to leave his comics behind

shit was adorable

Is Deblanc a power bottom?

Seriously too fucking cute.

He totally comes off as the mom in the relationship.

>Fiore : Bad boy!
>DeBlanc : NO.

if DeBlanc is dead now, fuck this show forever

This. Seriously.

but I'm thinking that technically, The Cowboy isn't Saint of Killers yet, so maybe there's hope

I dont know if I would want this

He might already be. Him getting his title and his pistols might've already happened, and the endless loop could just be how he passes the time while 'resting' under Boot Hill.

i know how folks feel about that place but there is a good write up supporting it over on reddit

Fuck I seriously hope not. DeBlanc and Fiore are so fun to watch on screen and it'd be a shame to get rid of one of them so soon

As a long time fan of the comics, I hope to god that this isn't the case.
In my opinion, it's more likely that the Seraphi that has tracked them down is the father. Possibly taking the female form accidentally.

Also, loved when the Killer of Saints shot BeBlanc. Great nod to the source material.

Eh, I guess they could handwave it as the DeBlanc and Fiore we see aren't literally present, but sort of driving these flesh puppets around. Getting these bodies killed is of no real consequence, but if they were to show up properly, as angels, and get shot, then it's permanent.

Didn't they seem rather fearful when they met the Saint?

Isn't Seraph-dad supposed to be trussed up like a sqealing piggy by Starr, deep in Masada?

Fiore whimpering leads me to believe that being shot by the Cowboy is at the least has consequences for divine beings, if not an outright death-sentence

i took it as Fiore more afraid since he's now alone in Hell, someplace he knows nothing about.

theory: it disrupts the connection so you can't just respawn like they did with the fight with the Seraphim. Which presumably leaves DeBlanc back in Heaven with a bunch of Seraphim who are pretty pissed off, and Fiore with the Saint in Hell.

Or he's dead. We'll see.

Was the shuttle stop the same place Breaking Bad used when he called the vacuum guy?

Yup the guy who directed it worked on BB

twitter.com/MichaelSlovis

i don't have the screencaps handy but i think they even used the same dog in both shots

yes

the scene is a tribute to the ending of Ozymandias, right down to the dog loping across the road

cool. That was messing with my brain.

Why did Emily kill him?

i will riot if we lose Meyer Lansky this soon into the series.

And what the fuck kind of magical travel agency gets them on a coach to Hell?

to get rid of him for good

he constantly tried to use her vulnerability as a single mother to fuck her and worm his way into her life and he almost pulled it off

last real conversation they had he was just telling her he was sleeping at her house, not asking

The whole town is fucked-up, no reason she shouldn't be too.

How did they get to Earth in the first place?

If you're going to have otherworldly creatures coming and going you might as well make it a mundane, nondescript experience

Huh. I mean, I didn't like the guy either but I didn't get a "he deserves to die " vibe from him either. Nor did I see that build-up in Emily.

It looked like her job was to help angels travel around when on earth. She was also a smuggler.

i had a feeling she was a demon or something.

>mfw she tries to hit on DeBlanc's man and he puts a stop to that

I actually loved that a shit-hole travel agent would be the way to get to hell. Makes perfect sense really.

Betas that you sympathy fuck don't get to grow a set of balls. When they start thinking they can call shots, the woman has clearly done something wrong.

That's a nice point, but it still feels a little jarring to me. Their means of travel to Earth was never specified, and I'd have been reasonably content if their travel to Hell was behind the scenes. I guess the director really wanted his Breaking Bad shot.

Makes as much sense as magic angel-hand telephones to heaven, doesn't it?

It's been so long since I've seen BB that I didn't get the connection. I just thought it was a fun little thing to explain an inconsequential scene transition.

mother FUCK

JUST realised that Fiore has a white band around his hat and DeBlanc has a black one

and then their trench coats during last night's scene.

Yeah, that kind of surrealism really sells the show for me. Reminds me of the Sandman comics.

>Sandman

I so badly want to see a screen adaption but it'll almost inevitably be a horrible mess

On a vaguely related note, aren't they busy ruining Lucifer as well?

Say what you will about this show, it has great characters.

Except Preacher.
And Tulip.

seriously
and Preacher's waifu
he has bad taste

Cassidy steals every scene he's in

Supposedly the show isn't shit but if it's not an adaption of what Neil Gaiman started, no thanks.

It's weird, right?

Eugene is likable until you realise he blew Tracy's head off, Cassidy's a fun character even if you have no real reason to like him aside from his sense of humor, and I don't even have to mention Fiore and DeBlanc

Shit, even Quincannon is an enjoyable character thanks to Jackie Earle Haley being a consummate professional... and his lapdog Donny manages to be pathetic, threatening, and crazy at the same time

Honestly there's some A-class acting happening here in short, controlled bursts

I fucking wish. American Gods is getting it's own tv show but Sandman is still in the fucking pit?
Even then, I'm trying to think of whether it'd even be popular with today's audiences.

I like Preacher, comes off as someone who is actually struggling with the faith.
Considering that they're gonna be going on the road for next season and ditching Ratwater, hopefully we'll get more trio-centric screen time.
It's great that they're developing these characters so that when they finally do come together as a trio, we're gonna have more believable chemistry.

That would make a lot of sense.

I hope Emily gets more screen time because she's cute. I was pretty surprised by what she did in the last episode.

if you're not hung up about the place there's a great thread on it on reddit that puts together a lot of evidence

Well in fairness, American Gods is a relatively short, self-contained story. Shadow only appears (as far as I know) in one other novella; Sandman is an intricate, long, drawn-out masterpiece that would need GoT level financing to be even halfway realised.

If anybody could do it properly it would be HBO, but it would be an enormous investment

Thanks, but I already kind of regret reading your first post. It would have been a great twist if I didn't know beforehand.

>quincannon

I really like what they've done with him. Gone from a

>slapstick le midget meatman millionaire

to someone who makes sense internally, but is completely off-kilter with regards to the rest of the world.

Ah no worries man, it could all be speculation of course but yeah I'm pretty stoked if it's a change they're going for

Not to mention the fact that American Gods is (mostly) set on Earth, with a few fantastical set-pieces, while Sandman features all kinds of settings - realms of abstract concepts, Hell, African pre-history, Ancient Greece, on and on it goes.

>ywn have DeBlanc sing your favorite lullaby to lull you to sleep at night

youtube.com/watch?v=2t4vXWpBMf0

Am I the only person here that's amused by "Quincannon Meat & Power"?

It might be bald-faced, but it's savagely funny to me that Quincannon's company name is a boiled-down version of his desires.

Is he the only guy in town who HASN'T killed somebody?

uh... have we watched the same show, m8?

as long as American Gods gets Shadow hanging from the tree right I can forgive it all its trespasses

>I'll never get to see the live action adaption of that African father walking his son through a rite of passage to teach him about the city of glass that exploded because Morpheus' love with the Queen was forbidden
WHEN WILL MY SUFFERING BE LIFTED

It really needs all those vignettes of 'Coming to America'

Reading the casting stuff, Mr World and Low Key are played by different people I'm not sure what's up with that.

Oh yeah, I forgot.

The show has done a pretty good job at humanizing the antagonists.
>That smile Donnie gives his wife before deafening himself to get Preacher
that shit was so wholesome.

>I'll never see Lucifer put on his fancy-pants angelic armor and defend the gates of Heaven from the Lilim, Fenris, and co.
>instead we have muh quipping buddy cop

Life is hard.

If they can get the dream right where he's fucking that cat goddess, then I will forgive it.
Reading that scene gave me such a hard one, fuck.

sure :^)

>We will never get to watch Morpheus follow Lucifer through Hell and listen to his rantings about humans while locking up Hell.
>We will never see Lucifer ask Morpheus to cut off his wings, and watch it happen.
>We will never see Lucifer hand Morpheus the keys to hell and get a couple episodes where Morpheus tries to figure out what to do with this new supernatural real estate he's just come into possession of.
Life isn't fair man

>Brian Blessed will never play Destruction
Why even live?

This makes no fucking sense you idiots.

a) They're both angels. If one of them was demon they wouldn't have come from heaven and both of them wouldn't be able to use the phone, not to mention they wouldn't need to sneak into hell.
b) They would have mentioned that shit when Jesse commanded them to tell them about Genesis. There is no fucking way they would leave that part out.

>There is no fucking way they would leave that part out.
Would you tell a preacher you're gay?

>The Word

Jesse's not having a great time working out how it works. Did he explicitly command them to tell him everything about Genesis, or did he just say, "Tell me about Genesis?"

>Death will never be perfectly casted and reign as Sup Forums's waifu queen

he asked about what Genesis was not who its parents were

>they're both angels
there's evidence to suggest that DeBlanc might not be
>wouldn't have come from heaven
DeBlanc stops Fiore from saying somethign when they tell Jesse they're from Heaven, then says "Both of us."
>both of them wouldn't be able to use the phone
We've only ever seen Fiore be the one in charge of the phone

youtube.com/watch?v=mhoxDJcEXdQ

Watch this clip. Also note that DeBlanc doesn't sense/notice the Seraphim, but Fiore does

Huh, the Joseph Gordon Levitt helmed film project imploded. Did we doge a bullet there?

Crap for the last part it's this clip with the story of Genesis and the Seraphim walking in

youtu.be/NGbAha1sKBA

>We've only ever seen Fiore be the one in charge of the phone

Not exactly, because they were arguing about which one of them should pick up

>dodge

fuck me

Neil Gaiman himself advocated for Joseph's vision for the film, saying he very much understood the source material.
Joseph left because of some serious creative differences he had with one of the producers I think?
To me it sounds like Joseph wanted to keep to the comic faithfully, while some other Hollywood guy said "Nah this isn't hollywood enough."

That's a good point, but could be that answering it is not the same as using it to contact Heaven directly. Or like was mentioned in the diner, arrangements were made at the highest order for those responsible. Not gonna say too much spoilers for the comics, but if this is the case with DeBlanc being a demon, he may have been given a position as an angel as one of the "custodians"

Welp. Better to leave than continue to helm a thoroughly-fucked-by-Hollywood-execs film.

On second thought, DeBlanc also seems to have been to hell before because he tells Fiore "you have no idea what it's like" or something along those lines. Then when DeBlanc is telling Fiore about Genesis, Fiore refers to the angel/demon couple as traitors, and disgusting, but it might have been from a perspective of self-loathing.

I guess there can be room for interpretation, but I thought they were definitely both angels since they they both from heaven.

Yeah, definitely, it's all speculation of course but I am enjoying all the theories and whatnot folks are coming up with.

Then the line from last night with Fiore fearing Heaven would separate them forever, and then both looking solemn about it, I guess I'm just leaning towards this being one of the major changes they're going for with the show.

bump for the best couple on TV right now

Preacher fucking sucks and I couldn't watch more than 2 episodes.

prayer circle that DeBlanc survived that gunshot to the head

>No pedo threads about the new godhead of the Lucifer's own comic line.
>No sick banter about people's favorite angels of the host.
>No Lucifer traversing the void, free of his father.

They seemed awfully close in this episode, at one point one of them calls the other 'my dear'. Are the angels gender neutral things taking the form of men or are they gay angels? Or am I just reading it wrong?

not sure yet, but it's clear they don't want to be apart form one another

>favorite angels of the host

They were mostly pretty wimpy, apart from Michael and Uriel. I'd like an adaptation to make them not-cakewalks.

why you gotta do that to me man

Great catch.
Also, I'm still wondering about the steam vents in the ground and the machinery that has to be maintained by that bored watchman. Do we know already what that is exactly? Will the town go BOOM next week?