WEEKEND ACTUALS!

WEEKEND ACTUALS!

GHOSTBUSTERS OFFICIALLY LOST TO ICE AGE!!

Cool.

>Lights Out
>$21 million first weekend on a 5 million budget

Not bad at all

didnt even know another ice age was out

horror movies are by far the most profitable genre based on rate of return. You can make a movie for $5 million and then get it all back four-five times over in one weekend.

this Sup Forums meme really triggers me

look how much conjuring 2 is doing

okay cheap horror = $$

I really need to make a horror, I've got a lot of good ideas

>Sony's going to lose at least $100 million on that festering bucket of diarrhea
>Paul Feig will never EVER direct another movie

I've never felt so good about seeing it

can you fucking sexist cunts stop being so.. hateful?!

what did the four ladies, Ghostbusters etc ever do to you? all you fat neckbeards do is hate, hate, hate and HOPE for the worst on their film. because of assholes like YOU the movie failed. men wont accept women as equals and it shows in this fucking box office total. it's a disaster and it's because of you fucking fatass assholes.

women didn't go see it because they thought YOU """men""" would.

fuck all of you. what's the point of hating on women, and things women do? zero point. women will keep taking the place of men, and there is NOTHING you can do about it. and Ghostbusters 2 with these ladies? happening.

suck a dick.

Absolutely the worst post ever.

>women didn't go see it because they thought YOU """men""" would.

It's gotta be bait.

>Lights Out
But is it good, i don't want some darkness falls shit

>not seeing it as shitty b8 after the first sentence

you need to up your meme level

Literally laughed out loud

and people are surprised "blair witch" is back. We might one day end up with nothing but horror flicks in cinemas if that's where the money is.

Still the highest grossing all female reboot of all time, also I hear the toys are selling well. These are facts.

>>>/tumblr/

not bait, stop that.

just give women an equal chance. you cunts hated the movie even when it wasn't released.

women are hilarious, get over it!

>all female
>chris hemsworth

>toys
>selling well

KEKMAO

is this the sports of faggot numales? tracking box office scores and cheering/booing movie studios?

what the fuck, man. how much did you make cuz ice age won? go live your life.

What are all the other all female reboots it's competing with for that title? Have they even started filming the Ocean's 11 one?

>numale
>mad that ghostbusters is terrible
>calling other numales

LMAO

>These are facts.

so many people taking it lel

Paul?

Hey that was a good movie. I need me a women that would treat me like Lorraine treats her husband in that movie

>tracking box office scores and cheering/booing movie studios?

more like pissing off people like you

>put the toys on clearance
>THEY'RE SELLING GREAT TAKE THAT PATRIARCHY BTFO!!

I just realized ghost busters followed the DMC remake failure.

You think they would have learnt from it

>robocop reboot gets hate
>total recall reboot gets hate
But the hate generated by this souless nostalgia cash grab is totally mysogyny guys

horror is consistent, but the mega bucks are in family tier franchises

you're a retarded millennial faggot. There were highly successful female actors and movie stars 20 years ago and it was normal. you cunts make out like any time a woman or minority does anything these days it's earth shattering.

>t. feig

You see that's the type of money you make when you show some love to the fans aka the main demographic of summer sci fi action flicks who will actually support your product instead of pandering to a very vocal online minority of feminist.

This is what your average screening of Chickbusters looked like on opening night. One pissed off blue haired feminist with a progressive male who she has friend zoned sitting in the middle of a theater with hundreds of empty seats around them on opening night in hopes of making some type of political statement.

FACT:
The toys are selling at a lukewarm rate and probably won't be pushed for Christmas.

is the new blair witch any good?

BUT ME GOOBERGATE

>it costs over 100 million to make an ice age movie

where the fuck is hollywood going?

ghostbusters got cucked by and ice age sequel can't make this shit up

repeat after me men and women aren't equal

>highest grossing all female reboot of all time
>major financial flop
Just goes to show that nobody is okay with this shit.

HAhahha XD! We DID it BROS

LE AnoNYMOUS

LE BOYCOTT TO LE WOMEN MOVIE

XD!

WER LEJUN

>highest gross all female reboot
Nigga that's like winning first place when you're the only competitor

>how much did you make cuz ice age won?
a blowjob from a femminist

kek, first comment based as fuck.

>Still the highest grossing all female reboot of all time
and who are the others
>he toys are selling well
first that dosen't make it a success
second they are selling because they are half price and the one selling are the one from 80's movie some toy store are even removing them from shelves

>Nigga that's like winning first place when you're the only competitor in the special olimpics
FTFY.

It's not even a fucking sequel. There are like 7 Ice Age films at this point. It got beaten out by an old tired film franchise on it's last two legs.

You man babies realize that Target already commented and said that the price reductions were a mistake and that they had meant to reduce the DC figure footprint instead? Which they have by the way. Go to Target and try to find the female cast figures on clearance. You won't. Target has already placed reorders on the figures as well so that they'll have stock through the holiday season. Toys R Us as well.

The lifetime net of merchandise and media net revenue prediction for the movie is to the tune of $600 million worldwide lifetime and keep in mind that does not include ticket sales. The movie has two green lit sequels already in preproduction which will skyrocket the merch/media sales numbers to $2 billion lifetime for the new trilogy. They don't have to sell a single ticket and they will make a colossal profit.

I wouldn't expect you baby men to understand Hollywood accounting. I bet you still believe the original Star Wars and Titanic lost money at the box office.

HAhahha XD!
LE SOny corp. grp
LE BOYCOTT TO LE FANS OF THE ORIGINAL MOVIE
XD!
FOR PRFIT

tired?
last one made just shy of a billion worldwide nigga.
don't underestimate chinks and youropoors

Still did better than Warcraft.

Ice Age Movies make all their money internationally; they ALWAYS bomb domestically.

Ghostbusters lost to almost a guaranteed bomb

Can we talk about how fun the Secret Life of Pets was?

>nothing but horror flicks in cinemas

I'd be okay with that.

this is low bait, but lets see
>they'll have stock through the holiday season
Suicide squad movie comes out is gonna be huge with the normies and kids. GB can't beat better toys
>The movie has two green lit sequels
You didn't understand the sequels are not green lited, they want to do the sequels this new GB was suppose to be a franchise, but they can't the movie without the investors and if this flops the investor are not going to give them the money.
> I bet you still believe the original Star Wars and Titanic lost money at the box office
This never happened the double their budget in their time

>comment

You have to go back

On paper they both lost money in the end because it's how Hollywood avoids paying tax and royalties.
>Sony needs a loan to make movies they're so poor xd
You literally can't possibly believe this. Sony has announced a trilogy already and it's happening. Deal with it.

You just need a big name on it. Anything touched by James Wan = $$$ these days.

Adding production and advertising, Will this movie end up losing Sony 100 million?

eight or nine figure loss aint no joke. somebody's getting fired.

To quote a prominent alcoholic from Milwaukee:
ALIEN
NINETY SEVENTY NINE

Hopefully Amy Pascal

fucking they need to stop playing ghostbusters 2 garbage.

>Sony needs a loan to make movies they're so poor xd
That not what i said, but Sony need investor to do movies that how the movie industry actually works
>On paper they both lost money in the end because it's how Hollywood avoids paying tax and royalties.
studios and channel do this, but when they do is because they sacrificing this project

Flop or not? Well still the answer is...kinda yes and kinda no. This week the film fought it out with Lights Outs and Ice Age and barely lost coming in at #5 with $21.6 mil. In terms of Melissa McCarthy and Paul Fieg films that's bad, but as I said the release and budget was always going to make this a classic 50% summer drop. Right now the film stands at $86.2 mil domestic which puts it at a solid if not very inspiring pace to end up around $120 mil -$140 mil when all is said and done. Internationally though the film is definitely not performing as well. So far the film has only managed to pull in $36 mil. Particularly hard hit was UK, where the film opened this week under the third week of Ice Age (yeah that's some ammo for some of you guys). The biggest hurdle of course internationally is that Ghostbusters is banned in China so unless Japan or South Korean randomly loves this franchise it's not exactly going to break the bank. So of course the big question remains is this the end for this iteration of the Ghostbusters and honestly it's hard to say. Normally I'd say a studio would bury it but this is Sony who have been horribly struggling to find a viable franchise for years now. Sony's main goal in this film really was to breathe life into Ghostbusters in all forms, so if the backlash caused tons of old toys to sell or the new toys actually turn it around then Sony doesn't care. The film will scratch past it's budget and marketing so no, it won't be a horrible flop. The result really comes down to what Sony takes from how their product sells and who it sells to. So in that we can't know baring a future North Korean hack, but all I can say is please, just wait till the film opens in a few more territories before you call it a flop. You can wait at least two or three more weeks I promise!

>Pets movie was made with half the budget and grossed more than double

My sides

it's fun, but nothing exceptional. Audiences love it because it was basically a movie about cute animal doing cute and unusual things. The story was pretty generic, but great voice work though