Why can't atheists define atheism?

Why can't atheists define atheism?

Whenever I ask an atheist to define atheism, he says, “It means not believing in gods.”

When I ask, “What is a god?” I get a sort of blank look and am told, “You know, something deified, something people worship, something people consider to be a god.”

I suspect that actually atheism means not believing in anything more powerful than humans, however to actually say that sounds too stupid and therefore atheists will not clearly define their beliefs.

Why??????

WHY????????

Please delete that post.
It's disturbing.

no. it's easy to define. It's the lack of belief in an all mighty being that created everything we know and is always watching us and judging our actions, cause that's just stupid

then its working

Don't actually reply to him, fucking shit...

Do you have any sense of morality at all?

Why not?

>that's just stupid
Tell me then, what is your purpose as a human being?
Why do you exist?
Why does the universe exist?
Don't you see?
There had to be a higher power at work in order to set the stage of life up.

Why can't atheist explain how we evolved from monkeys when there are still monkeys?

Idiota

Please don't use curse words in languages I don't understand.
Thank you.

Idiota

Checkmate ATHIESTS

Idiota to the max

Idiota like never before. Ain't my fault you're an ignorant faggot

A-theism, aka no theism, aka no religion. "Atheism" is someone who holds no belief in established theological dogma. That simple. Belief in God is secondary, as is a belief in some higher power. It is a word to represent someone who does not ascribe to a theological belief. Unlike "God," theology has a pretty clear definition, "the critical study of the nature of the divine." Divine being defined as "something of or relating to an object of spiritual worship." So there. An atheist is someone who sanctifies and worships nothing. They hold nothing to be divine.

Wow, so disrespectful and wrong.

Why can't you accept the fact that some questions might not make sense, not have an answer, or might have it, but you just aren't able to find it? Life is messy and chaotic. We don't know everything. We can aspire to know more, but sometimes you just have to accept your limits. Calling "God" the answer to all this questions is stupid. It's just pretending you know the answer, when you don't, and that's ok.

Jeez, why are atheists so ignorant?

>It's just pretending you know the answer
I do not know the answer. Only god can know the answer.
>Calling "God" the answer to all this questions
Nobody does that.

You are pretending to know the answer. It is "God only knows". A meaningless sentence to avoid accepting the possibility that no one and nothing knows.

>no one knows
No man knows.
>meaningless
How so?

Ehhhhy nothing like a streatched asahole meme to spice up b thanks for you contribution

I thought that was a rubber duck

You are just making up an entity because the idea that no one is in charge of the universe and there is no supreme being interested in what we do scares you.

>he idea that no one is in charge of the universe and there is no supreme being interested in what we do scares you
It doesn't scare me, for it isn't true.
>making up an entity
Are you trying to say that the feeling that you get when you open up your heart to god is false?

ok

how exactly do you know it isn't true, or even possible?

I know because I know that there is god.
And I know that because I can feel him in my heart.

Here's your definition:

You posit a claim that a god exists. I ask for demonstrable, falsifiable evidence. You provide none. You have failed to prove your claim. Now fuck off!

Ty your who i agree with

Stop making posts against atheism you child molesting Muslim fuckhead, go blow up a mosque like your religion asks for

Good for you. I don't, and personal feelings are not proof.

>Nobody does that.

A literal fuck ton of people do this.

for example?

All these discussions would be a lot more pleasant if we stopped insulting christians personally. Their ideas are wrong, but that's no reason to call them stupid.

Well to name one, Issac Newton.

>what is the definition of a subjectively defined idea?
>HURR DURR WHY CAN'T YOU DEFINE IT?????

neo/b/ everyone

I just realized that these are troll threads of the highest sophistication.
The people arguing are trolls trying to bait other people into their argument.
Like these guys for example:

There are a number of their famous people who've done this I can't name off the top of my head and in my perspnal experience. Thats whats known as "the god of the gaps" Neil Tyson does a much better job of explaining this than i ever could.

quiet you

now it all makes sense

No i totally think a philosophical discussion about atheism on Sup Forums is gonna help the progress of mankind. I want to learn why the supreme being think eternal torture is an appropriate punisment for me sucking a dick.