How long do cannabis withdrawal symptoms usually last for moderate users?

How long do cannabis withdrawal symptoms usually last for moderate users?

I've never been a heavy smoker, usually smoke or eat edibles once or twice a month at most. But in the past month and a half or so I gradually started doing it more and more, and for the past couple of weeks have been smoking almost every day.

I decided to take a break on Wednesday and I already feel some withdrawal symptoms (mainly nausea, irritability, and decreased energy), though I don't know which I can attribute to cannabis withdrawal.

I am considering just tapering off my usage though, since I have done that successfully with caffeine many times, which has a much more powerful set of withdrawal symptoms imo.

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0044864
ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/abs/10.1176/appi.ajp.161.11.1967
psycnet.apa.org/journals/abn/112/3/393/
journals.lww.com/co-psychiatry/Abstract/2006/05000/The_cannabis_withdrawal_syndrome.2.aspx
journalofsubstanceabusetreatment.com/article/S0740-5472(08)00024-X/abstract?cc=y=
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>weed
>withdrawl
no

Weed definitely has physical withdrawal symptoms, read the literature

i smoke weed every day and when i stop i don't get withdrawl symptoms

Wat? Withdrawal? Weed?

Only negative thing I feel after not smoking for a while is a particular sense of boredom.

Quit trying to blame all your problems on everything else but you, you fucking lazy piece of shit

>weed withdrawal

spotted the non smoker

/thread

Oh, should be around 0 weeks, 0 days and 0 hours
Fuckwad

There is no such thing. I think you are coming down now with something

The only "withdrawal" I've had is less appetite. Withdrawal is not a good term to use here . Withdrawal from other drugs such as benzos or opiates is alot more serious than you being a little bitch cus you cant smoke some bud.

journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0044864

ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/abs/10.1176/appi.ajp.161.11.1967

psycnet.apa.org/journals/abn/112/3/393/

journals.lww.com/co-psychiatry/Abstract/2006/05000/The_cannabis_withdrawal_syndrome.2.aspx

journalofsubstanceabusetreatment.com/article/S0740-5472(08)00024-X/abstract?cc=y=

Need more evidence?

Same

U bunch of fags

Do you know what propaganda is?

Weed doesn't have any real withdrawal. Unless you mean "symptoms" like irritability and weight loss, but those are only tangentially related.

I normally don't have symptoms, but sometimes it does happen. Everyones brain chemistry is different.

What are you talking about?

There is. Any drug that alters brain chemistry and downregulates certain receptor sites has the ability to cause withdrawal

Link some. I've never heard anyone claim that weed had any physical withdrawal symptoms, just things like irritability.

You think every single bit of research done on cannabis is propaganda? Do you only trust the articles that are written on weed blogs?

I smoked 1-2 g's every day for a year, maybe a Break for a day or so every now and then I haven't smoked since Halloween now, I didn't notice any withdrawals

Yes weed smokers always tell the truth

Weed has no withdrawal period

I did a few posts above. It's not like fucking heroin withdrawal. But speaking from experience and knowing chronic smokers who had to quit, there is a potential. It's not very strong or serious, but sometimes it's definitely there.

Fuck these kids saying there are no symptoms. Obviously talking out their asses on behalf of all smokers. I definitely experienced physical symptoms after not smoking -- after smoking heavily for 3 years (maybe 10 days off out of 365*3 days). Nausea, not being able to eat a meal for like a week. Having nightmarish dreams, depression, etc. Most of all I felt the 15 pounds that 3 years of the munchies fucking did to me.

>irritability
But that's just because I'm a dickhead when I'm not stoned. That's not really a symptom

Making people respond this hard...

10 outta 10 user

People on both sides are full of shit. The government and anti drug companies demonize weed, and potheads pretend it's a wonder drug with zero side effects or even a psychological addiction.

>cannabis withdrawal

literally doesn't exist. I smoked every day for nearly 10 years and then I needed to quit because my company implemented a new drug policy. So one day I smoked. The next day I didn't. Zero withdrawal. You just stop.

Ignore the 'hurr durr but it's natural tho' retards. The withdrawal syndrome lasts two-three weeks depending on the symptoms, but within 5 or six days you should be through the worst of it, getting your appetite and clear head back. I mean this stuff varies for everyone, that's just my experience, so it might be easier or it could get a little more difficult

You sound like a pussy

If you wanna have a tolerance break you should'nt stop smoking it's simple there's two ways to smok while on a tolerance
1-.smoke a bit less every day until tolerance is low enough

2-.smoke shitty weed and save money to buy top shelf

unable to sleep, nausea and no appetite

for 2 weeks

You know that you are not the same person as everyone else? People can quit heroin without withdrawal. Just because you didn't experience any doesn't mean others can't or wont

Aww does baby not agree wiff meee?

Well then, case closed.

Go home everybody.

>
I didn't expect that last part, well played.

Yeah i've struggled with lowering my tolerance. I like weed to be a psychedelic experience now a mellowing sort of buzz. Tapering down definitely seems better.

Shitty, gay bait thread. Go fuck yourself

nope

ty user I try

I have a brand new pax 2 vaporizer and plenty of weed right in front of me but im not smoking because my tolerance was so high that vaporizing a gram did nothing for me, thats why im taking a break

Why do the stoners get so mad when faced with the reality that weed is a drug?

I dont smell b8. But maybe you're right . Thatd be a goof+gaff on ops part

>for 2 weeks
>all links posted only show withdrawal symptoms up to a week

sounds like something else. stop blaming weed.

OP you need to stop being such a faggot. The only people that would experience anything close to withdrawal are people who have been smoking all day every day for years, which you have stated you have not. Even if you smoked every day for a month you wouldn't experience anything close to withdrawing on an actual drug. You might not have an appetite or have trouble getting to sleep for a night or two. Stop being a faggot put your bowl down and go get a life.

Because it makes them uncomfortable to think they may have a substance abuse issue.

What

Try coming off heroin you pussies

Thank you

>journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0044864
Garbage

>ajp.psychiatryonline.org/doi/abs/10.1176/appi.ajp.161.11.1967
This one says the others are garbage

>psycnet.apa.org/journals/abn/112/3/393/
Garbage

>journals.lww.com/co-psychiatry/Abstract/2006/05000/The_cannabis_withdrawal_syndrome.2.aspx
This one is behind a pay wall (nice try, shill)

>journalofsubstanceabusetreatment.com/article/S0740-5472(08)00024-X/abstract?cc=y=
Super biased garbage

All of these take the psychological effects of discontinuing a mild antidepressants and label it "marijuana withdrawal"

You're a scientifically illiterate fag

Thanks for telling me how I feel man. Needed that.

I smoked everyday for 15 years... Never experienced any weed withdrawal symptoms...

THATS WHAT I FUCKIN SAID . Weed is not a drug . Try having seizures coming off xanax . Weed has no withdrawal at all compared to actual drugs.

I smoked for years, years and years, non of this "been smoking for a year" shit. Could get through an 8th every other day, when I stopped I clucked for a few days, even having my dealers number I managed to resist the urge to buy some. It's a vicious circle, one last henry, I'll stop when I go back to work Monday, never happens. Smoking messes with the brain and only makes you think it's normal after smoking, once you've stopped for a week or two it goes back to normal.
Two things I noticed when I stopped, having dreams again and I couldn't blame my laziness on being stoned. I do still miss it and the very odd occasion I share a joint with someone I hate the feeling of being stoned. Really miss doing pills aswell...

>there's no withdrawal symptoms
>except these withdrawal symptoms

well it's not weed weed it's wax, i dabbed most nights

AHAHAH! Saying APA is garbage whilst calling others uneducated.

>Hmm trust pothead user
>Or trust American Psychological Association

>trust someone who smokes weed
>or someone who doesn't

My withdraw symptoms are as follows:
-Irritability
-I start having dreams again

why is this such a polarizing topic

fuck our education system

Nearly 1 year 5 months clean. My third time trying. Fuck, the withdrawal is bad.

>mainly nausea, irritability, and decreased energy

Just sounds like you havent blazed up in a few days.. you're well on your way to becoming a bone fide stoner deadshit, congrats

Every user from a mile away came running when they saw this shitpost

I just start dreaming. They tend to bother me though so I start smoking again.

>can't read
>thinks that scientific articles are published by the site they're stored on
>doesn't understand the symptoms of discontinuing a mild antidepressant

You're obviously college educated, why don't you debunk my refutation?

I smoked and quit after 5 years you twat.

I am a every day smoker who hasn't been able to source in about 1.5 weeks (southern hemisphere, almost at harvest time thank fuck).

My withdrawal symptoms are only insomnia and irritability.

I've had other periods where I smoked heavily for weeks and then quit suddenly and experienced no symptoms. There are other things that mediate the cannabinoid receptors in your brain

Do you know what peer-reviewed means?
Since you can't use logic, here, just read and hush.
"Onset typically occurred between Days 1-3, peak effects between Days 2-6, and most effects lasted 4-14 days. The magnitude and time course of these effects appeared comparable to tobacco and other withdrawal syndromes."

you're not experiencing withdrawal, you're experiencing vitamin deficiency. Go to the gas station and pick up a Muscle Monster protein shake and you'll be fine. Also be sure to eat regularly, and all of the THC will metabolize out of your system. Drink some Smart Water (contains magnesium) for added metabolization increase.

>Thanks Doc!

The only problem with weed is running out of weed

no problem, son.

>mfw haven't smoked since 2012 and still know my shit.

it lingers for maybe a couple months is fat tissue ,complete elimination requires dead cells to be replaced with new ones,psych symptoms of withdrawal often go along with nobong

/Thread

I know you're joking, but I suspected this possibility. I normally take zinc, magnesium, vitamin d and fish oil, but I ran out of all of them recently, and I do wonder how much that's contributing

That's from the super biased garbage. You don't understand that the peer review process for psychology and sociology isn't comparable to the other disciplines of science.

Let's not forget all the peer reviewed articles on homosexuality being a form of psychosis

I smoked every day for over a year, had no issues. You people are fucking weak.

Medifag here...this...like for real...THC binds to a receptor the body has naturally and burns sugars. THat's it...theres no withdrawal.

it has been a year and im starting to recover
not joking

I smoked cigs for a while then quit and had zero withdrawal. drugs effect people differently

one time i inhaled a marijuanas
now i violently shake at night, i throw up constantly and i haven't slept in almost three years

pot withdrawal is real

>THC binds to a receptor the body has naturally...
As opposed to synthetic receptors?

>... and burns sugars
wat

your neurochemistry professor isn't very good

>I've never heard anyone claim that weed had any physical withdrawal symptoms

You never smoked alot of weed. You won't be able to eat or sleep after smoking a gram a day for 2 years

Read the literature put out by cia and dea that have all worked wit cartels. Johnn kerry even said cia helped escabar

understand that I'm not joking. The human body values THC above all other things that it values enough to store in fat cells. THC is fat soluble, but the body also wants to use it immediately. This means that your body will dump everything so it can store THC! Every mineral, including salt, gets dumped. The body only needs so much of each type of mineral, and only uses a small amount of your regular intake. But your body will constantly store, and use THC. This makes THC somewhere between fat soluble and water soluble, since the body will use and store every bit it can get. It does wonders for cell repair, since Salt damages each fat cell it is stored in. Salt is the mineral your body needs the least of, but gets the most. THC will kick that salt out and start depositing itself into every fat cell acting as a building inspector for each cell. The cells that are damaged either die or get repaired after the Salt is OUT! This is why people lose weight when they smoke!

I just finished a tolerance break after smoking around 4g/day for a solid year. No withdrawal, just the expected irritability and mild depression you get after coming off any mild antidepressant.

thanks for backing me up Medifag

The downregulation only effect your cannabanoid receptors, and it's easily reverse able with just a month free of marijuana.
So really, your withdraws from weed is basically your body going back to normal after smoking. I.E. less appetite, better memory, and maybe a bit of grouchiness.

Bullshit.......as opposed to an inert molecule(you fuckin chemistry genius)
... theres people who've smoked for way more and than that and will eat, sleep, carry on a normal life and even write amazing music

you werent smoking 4g a day you lying retard

Are you fucking retarded?
Ive taken atleast a break every year or atleat every two years.
Im on a break now, the last 3 months ive smoked rso grade bho. Perhaps everyone isnt as pussy as you?
I got atleast 50 ml of rso and 30g of decent indica in my storage.. But im on a break for a couple of months

Same person as the no weed withhdrawal. I also smoked cigs for 9 years with no issues either. Some people are just weak.

That's only 3 bowls a day. What's so hard to believe there?

1 week

No one cares about your pathetic life, use google retard its no secret there are physical withdrawal symptoms with weed

That's a fat fucking bowl, my god

I'm starting to have that feeling that this is a troll tread

what are you 12

LOL
You gotta have a big bowl if you're packing just 3 bowls a day with 4g's.

what the fuck are you talking about??

i smoke more than that and all that happens to me is i get very irritated and i sweat a lot.