THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING WRONG WITH GHOSTBUSTERS 2

THERE IS LITERALLY NOTHING WRONG WITH GHOSTBUSTERS 2

APOLOGIZE NOW

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6SdGNJGwOww
youtube.com/watch?v=DaIZvCDWAcQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

it's not as good as the first but it's worth a watch

I think it's better than the first one...

it's funnier but not as scary.

that's ok though.

I don't why they had them be declared hoaxes and lose their business after the frist one.

I guess they wanted the 'getting the band back together' vibe, why not just have them run a business. It seem unnecessarily dower.

I actually think GB2 is scarier than GB, in that it's not as laugh-out-loud funny, and instead trades that for more legit-scary ghost happenings. The humor is a lot more subtle in comparison, which is probably why people shitlist it, but I in terms of scary shit, I especially liked

- Them exploring the abandoned subway, and those sudden severed heads on pikes
- Ray developing the pictures of Vigo, which get progressively-sentient, then burst into flames trapping them in the darkroom
- The slime attacking Dana and Oscar in the bath
- Any scene with Janosz, because MacNicol nailed the whole "creepy/clingy motherfucker that makes all interactions uncomfortable" role perfectly

annie potts being a total qt is the only reason ghostbusters 2 passes

also the ghost train / silme rivier

Agreed entirely. Both are solid as fuck and equally worth watching.

GB2 has always been way more memorable to me, but I think that's just because I saw it more as a kid.

I understand why people were disappointed with it, but there was really no way to top the originality of the first film. It's still a very enjoyable film though, and doesn't deserve all the hate it gets.

Ghostbusters 2 just puts a huge smile on my face when I watch it, I can't explain it, it's just so enjoyable.

It's not even nostalgia, I saw it for the first time last year.

People in 1989 were disappointed with it, so it's echoed through the decades that it's a terrible film.

It's not, its biggest flaws are a first act that's about 15 minutes too long and relies too much on trying to re-establish the status quo of the first film, and recycling too many beats from the original.

It's a decent, watchable film that just isn't quite as good as the first. Also this scene alone is better than anything in the new movie:

youtube.com/watch?v=6SdGNJGwOww

>why don't you just tell them you don't believe in ghosts!

Bill Murray was easily the best thing about GB1. In GB2 he just feels so... there. He's not funny, he's not delivering a particularly good performance, he barely does anything memorable. That, and the first movie had a much better, more Lovecraftian monster going on, whereas the second has evil slime that grows from fucking bad vibes? That's just new age hippy horseshit, sorry. It somehow kills my sense of plausibility in a movie about trapping ghosts in electric boxes.

what are you talking about? Bill was fucking great, especially during the construction screen and when he's taking pictures of the painting.

It felt like all the rough edges of his character had been sanded down into something safer, nicer, and kid friendlier, whereas those rough edges were where all the best humor sprouted from in GB1. That killed the character for me, but I guess some folks still liked it.

The actors were obviously having a blast......

Fun fact: The actress who played the obnoxious female prosecutor during the Ghostbusters' trial was the same who played Lisa in "David and Lisa" decades before...

did you just watch gb3? It makes gb2 seem much better I've noticed

AND FIND YOU
BURNED AT THE STAKE

Oh my god, the Scoleri brothers!

It's good. The original is better but I don't get the hate for GB2. It's more Ghostbusters which is what I wanted.

This has always been my only issue with 2.

I could excuse if it weren't for the ghost rap.
Fuck Bobby Brown.

This desu senpai

Literally the best song in any Ghostbusters movie

youtube.com/watch?v=DaIZvCDWAcQ

What, Slimer?

Slimer driving a fucking bus.

>well okay but I didn't know you had your license!

I think they were trying to make it more like the cartoon where slimer was the lovable mascot and sidekick.
Which begs the question, does any even like slimer? He seemed horribly forced.
Stay Puft is better.

I didn't watch the cartoon so Slimer doesn't bother me now. Hated him as a kid.

It was the 80s. Everything needed a lovable mascot to be the face for a brand.

>I didn't watch the cartoon
You missed out. That was always one of my favorite cartoons growing up.
Had some legit nightmare fuel for a kid's show.

But it is, like the first movie, based on stuff that is based on real supernatural stuff and theories and things like that. There's experiments about water being psychoreactive.
The slime was also a lot of fun.

I guess when it came out here I was already too old.

that episode where the doctor ghosts perform surgery on that one guy while he's awake fucked me up.

There's a few things wrong with it. Most important of all is Venkman. In the first movie he was an ass-hole, creepy and that's what made him so funny in a way. In 2 he's just an occasionally snarky nice guy... Who just LOOOOVES kids.

Kill me already.

Thankfully, it also has some of the best Egon moments, Vigo's a fun villain, and I really like Janosz.

"Everything you do is terrible, I just wanted to tell you that..."

they practically made the cartoon show all about him, which is when I stopped watching it.

the 1984 ghostbusters isn't even that funny, and most of the characters are shit, only murray and raimis are decent in the entire film