What will this film be remembered for?

What will this film be remembered for?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias
quora.com/What-percentage-of-box-office-revenues-goes-to-the-makers-of-the-movie
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Nothing hopefully. It was really bad and they should feel bad for making it

The rape scene

Hey guys do you remember there was a robocop back in 2014?

Bait and switching an old man's dream for nearly 30 years, only to completely destroying him and forcing him to make a cameo in an empty husk of a franchise.

the controversy.

The moment where Sony Studios realized they're going to go bankrupt in 7 years.

Was Robocop a woman for no discernible reason? Did the director tell the fans of the original movies to go fuck themselves, that it wasn't for them?

Worse, they made it PG-13.

Murray is a hypocritical sell-out so who cares

Probably the year-long misogynist manchild backlash. Which is too bad because it shouldn't be remembered at all.

>What will this film be remembered for?
>Be remembered for?
>Be remembered
>Remembered
It won't be user.

The controversy synthetically created in the Sony lab

seriously, no one is talking about this

there must be some internal discussions about the loss they took
and yet they see adamant on making more

when dredd didnt make returns, they stopped
same for terminator genysis

If he didn't do the cameo he would never work in Hollywood ever again.
Read the Sony leaks.

The videos taking up the most landfill since E.T. for the Atari 2600.

If I was him, and his age I wouldn't give a shit. He surely has enough money to take him to the end of his life comfortably.

I haven't seen any of the Ghostbusters movies, but I'll remember this one for the hordes of neckbeards who downvoted it on IMDB and youtube. Legitimately hilarious.

The rape of millions of people's child hoods.

Still a sell out.
You don't bad mouth a movie you're the star in and claim you'll never do a sequel, to go on and make a sequel. I'm talking about the Garfield movies btw. He hated the first with a passion yet we got a #2.

a victim of misogynist attack, I mean it's 2016 and men are still allowed to criticize movies starring women?

>They made another Ghostbusters movie even after Harold Ramis died and Bill Murray didn't want to do it? Shit, who's in it?
>Kate Who?

>and yet they see adamant on making more
They aren't, it's a cover story to save face.

The movie that finally killed off hard reboots. The trend was already going away from them with the lackluster reception to the Total Recall and Robocop, but this will seal the deal.

I can't believe they were allowed to show that on screen. History books will write about this scene and how horrifying it was.

Other than that though its entirely forgettable.

it'll be remembered as that movie that got a million threads made about it daily, for no reason other than it was shit and a bunch of turbonerds couldn't let it go

It's bad enough that it was from behind....but anal as well?

so the Sony false flag operation was a success?

A lot more graphic and brutal than the Unforgettable rape scene, not just because of how explicit it was but how it was completely unexpected

And the sounds? Why did it have to be so graphic? Why couldn't they have dubbed something over it to ease the tension a bit? I can still hear it when I close my eyes and its haunting.

who cares, i just wish a new controversy would come along so we could talk about that instead

Manchildren made countless threads about Star Wars having a black guy and the black Annie remake and numerous other films that were triggering to Sup Forums tards.

>false flag

Learn to use logic.

>turbonerds couldn't let it go
turbonerds are still whining about how bad the Star Wars prequels are more than a decade later and are willing to embrace a shitty sequel simply because Lucas wasn't involved.

> thinking manchildren made those threads
> not knowing people didn't care about star wars until disney told them to
also what the fuck? Nobody cared about Annie, because its fucking Annie. It still would have been shit had she been white.

turbonerds are the only ones being critical of that shitfest of a film. They know the prequels sucked, but they are certainly not embracing the Disney remake.

>they never reissued the Annie decoder ring for the remake

>nobody cared about Annie

Check the archive, manchilden were tantruming about it every day from the time it was announced. They said it would get great reviews for being SJW propaganda, then it got horrible reviews and everyone conveniently forgot and went on to claiming the next movie would get great reviews for being SJW propaganda.

Are you literally retarded? Sup Forums has a constant stream of fat neckbeards screeching about every woman or minority that does anything, and you somehow think it's suddenly a false flag when it's done for a movie? You are genuinely deranged.

>false flag

That /pol logic

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confirmation_bias

I mean maybe I just didn't understand what you meant under "an old man's dream" but,
>Ghostbusters continuation
>Bill Murray's dream
He was literally one of the biggest rocks in the road when it came to making a Ghostbusters 3

>to take him to the end of his life comfortably
don't even make me think about that,i didn't even feel anything when robin williams died but just thinking about this makes me sad.

For having the greatest villain in cinematic history

Nothing hopefully. It's bad enough people talk about the original ghost busters, I really don't want them to talk about a shitty reboot either.

> not even being the best movie In Walmarts $5 or less bin

Is there an alright cam rip out now? I want to get drunk and watch the train wreck.

There is a serviceable one out. Little blurry to start but it evens out. Guy walks out 10 minutes into the camrip and never returns. I fell asleep around the 40 minute mark and don't feel the slightest urge to finish it

What about box office? i'm afraid about overseas saving this thing

Jaws mayor joke.
Hemsworth adlibs.
Not much else.

No China. It's also doing worse overseas than America.

>i'm afraid about overseas saving this thing
With no release in China happening it's literally not possibly, it already had steep weekend two drop, along with the fact it needs to make around $400-$500 million to even be considered profitable.

THIS was really in movie?

Dear god that cg looks worse than the effects of the first movie. How do you fuck up that badly?

According to IMDB its overseas box office is about 40% of the domestic (currently $86.3M domestic, $36.2M foreign). Studios generally take home 1/2 of domestic box office, 1/3 of foreign, according to

quora.com/What-percentage-of-box-office-revenues-goes-to-the-makers-of-the-movie

So assuming the domestic:foreign ratio holds, this movie would need to gross about $230M domestic + $90M foreign to recoup its production budget alone.

>female humor
>involves vagina and men are dumb jokes
awful

Meant Box Office Mojo, not IMDB

For being the quintessential disasterpiece.

For being an alright movie that was unfairly attacked for no reason at all

It was actually, but not because the movie is so shit.
The marketing was just a disaster and went in the completely wrong direction.

What was that Stay Puft balloon made out of? Proton beams, which earlier were shown to blow physical objects up couldn't pop it, but it could be popped with a swiss army knife

Nothing at all because the only people that liked it were people that don't watch good movies or hardly watch movies at all.

My sister is a tumblr SJW and liked this movie, but doesn't want to see movies like Akira or There Will Be Blood because they're too "dark"

It's like a person that's never had fine dining thinking Oliver Garden is as good as it gets.

You guys realize this movie would probably make half of what it did if you hadn't given it so much attention and PR?

>go see the movie in theaters because fuck waiting for torrents
>movie gets to the "Race THANG or a lady THANG"-part
>I know its coming since I've seen that trailer so many times
>the black ghostbuster stagedives
>already start smiling
>she finally says the line
>bust out laughing
>NOBODY in the cinema laughs at it
>get weird looks
T-Thanks Sup Forums

The Akira movie is overrated anyway

nah

It's shit compared to the manga and introduced way too many characters without doing anything with them because of time issues.

Ive seen like 5 different clips of this movie now, does the blonde chick over-act in the entire thing? Shes like a caricature of a person, all her expressions and body movement are so over the top its like she's doing a visual gag for a skit show or something

Kate-Ai.

pissing off the fanbase.

How is that still not a thing?

Yes, and she's easily the least-likable of the four because of her shit acting, shit personality, and also having the worst and most drawn-out "jokes".

She's basically playing a slightly less suicidal Fire Marshall Bill throughout the picture, yes. If that's what you're asking.

>does the blonde chick over-act in the entire thing
Yes, holy fucking shit she's the worst part

I think you mean Dan Akroyd.

Murray is as based as ever.

Great,now i'll have to fap again...

The black chick ironically feels the most grounded character ....
The blond is a GENIUS, BADASS, CRAZYYY le random hot chickl
Kristen Wiig is the awkward stupid lonly chick.
And Melissa McCarthy plays Melissa McCarthy, the fat loud asshole with low self esteem.

Black chick is the only one showing any range of emotion even if she has the most stereotypical scenes, ironic.

But yeah, blond chick wasnt good, they also overely Chris Hemsworth jokes to the point of i shit you not, repeating the same jokes about him.
As if they were so fucking proud of their writing they decided to put the same jokes few times for you to really appreciative it.

Sup Forums BTFO

Still hasn't broken even, here's to hoping money talks to Sony, who realise what a mistake they've made and hopefully will never make ever again.

But Hemsworth improvised some of his jokes. Maybe that's the reason why they repeat them.

>there must be some internal discussions about the loss they took
>and yet they see adamant on making more
You are new at this aren't you? They are only PRETENDING, in order to drum up ticket sales. This isn't even uncommon.

holy shit, I remember reading about this in a leak months ago. I can't believe it's true.

I think that's already in effect, at least for a while.

Feig is probably shaking nervously, thinking how much harder it'll be for him to continue making movies. This was a complete fiasco considering that it's the fucking Ghostbusters.

Dish shooting.

Looks like a really bad too-bright cell shaded video game or something

Hopefully he goes through a stress induced breakdown, that would be a neat little ending to this all.

Being the topic of Feig's suicide note.

the Akira film is still fantastic though, even though the story and characters are watered down from the manga, the film is one of the best animated films ever made just from the visual aspect alone, couple that with great direction and soundtrack and it is still a fantastic film

True I guess, it was still kinda disappointing to me, and it was to most of my friends that had read the manga before watching the movie.
There definitely are better anime movies out there.

>that fat waddle onto fram

Do you have the webm of the dance scene in the credits?

It will be part of the same hall of fame with other failed reboots like Conan, Total Recall and Robocop.

yeah, I don't get anyone who mentioned her as the best part of the movie. She's basically a cartoon character

What line? "We finna bust sum spooks?"

Dianetics was a best seller because the CoS bought all the copies tbqh

>"I don't know if it was Race THANG or a lady THANG but either way I'm mad as hell"
Doesn't help that I find stereotypical niggers hilarious

>Bill Murray

It was his fault we never got a 3. Everyone else wanted to make it but him, the arrogant dickwad.

Nothing. It's on a steadfast process to being completely forgotten and will be gone by the end of August.

Don't worry, that ghost slime got in every crack. She was well lubed up.

By not paying your VFX artists properly.

Killing the ghostbusters logo
appropriate.

>"You are looking at obese white men between 50 and 60 who are active klan members or members of the Arayan Nation and there are millions of them, and I'm afraid to say that that contingency will be voting for the republican ticket. That's what the statistics are indicating that there's a lot of white racist hatred out there that's gonna channel into a support for the republican ticket"
What did he mean by this?

R.I.P. MASCULINITY