I just got a fish tank in my room

>I just got a fish tank in my room.
>I have a week before I can put in fish since the filter is cycling
>Don't know what fish to put in
>Give me ideas Sup Forums
Seriously though can you guys give me some ideas for some fish to put in the tank. Its a 10 gallon.
>inb4 shit
>inb4 piss

Filters don't cycle if there's only water in the tank...

I have some bulbs for some plants sitting in there and the filter is fresh out of the package

put 8 gold fish

Uh guppies and a male Betta or guppies and a few female Bettas. Order them online the fish store ones are all fucked

Plants won't cycle either. You need fish waste to build the good bacteria on the filter uses to clean nitrates. Can leave it in for a month without a fish and it won't do anything to the filter

lol fuck no

Hooker's heads go nicely in tanks like that.

so then how do I build good bacteria? do i put a fish in there? but like i said the filter is fresh out the box

You should do 4-5 female beta fish. I have always wanted to do it but never got around to the set up.
Female betas will do well but YOU HAVE to have at least 5, this is because they establish a hierarchy so if you have to few one will totally dominate the other n the other will starve.
A group of female betas are called a sorority, I wanted them so I can come home n be like hello bitches! also then get a cory catfish, they are bottom feeders n clean the shit from tanks. He would be the jive old negro janitor of the sorority.

Iwas thinking guppies, they look cool. and realy online? it seems more expensive

Spend even just an hour reading up on compatible sets of fish.
Some will beat others up, or even eat them.

so is there even a point to it being connected right now?

I was thinking of sticking some plecos, and some dwarf rasboras aswell

pretty sure those fish will murder each other

unless it's just the males that do that

the females will fight sometimes but not like the males where its death on site

Well if you want to add a Betta it's worth it. I got the blue one online from Thailand and he's cool as fuck, the red one is kinda doofy. If you want to get one from a petstore, make sure it's not sitting on the bottom of the cup and it's healthy

are those tetras in there aswell?

Best way is to start with a few hardy fish and just make sure you do frequent water changes. The important part of starting a new tank is making sure all the chlorine is out of the water. Treating it with something like prime speeds that up, but circulation helps too (hence why it's good to run the filter). But, really has nothing to do with cycling the filter :-)

what kind of fish are good fir this?

Cory catfish are good. Plus they get along with anything, so they'll be good with whatever you decide to get later. And they spend most their time on the bottom, so if you very mid or top fish, they'll stay away. And they'll eat stuff that falls to the bottom. Prefect starter fish

Yea I wanted to grab some guppies but they didn't have any. One got ick and died so now there's just three and they're dicks to each other

I love how Sup Forums has people posting rekt threads and then you see some dudes discussing fish

Hey but... you do need to let the water sit for a few days at least. It's to filter the crap out of your tap water.

Forget about fish, get yourself some anemones or a tiny coral or some tube worms or some shit.

Rescue a lobster from Chinatown, for Christ's sake!

I bought a bottle of conditioner so the water is perfectly fine right now.

Sup Forums in a nutshell

Fill it with sea monkeys, then drop am mud monkey in there.

A brand new filter won't filter anything out of tap water. All it can do is mechanical filtration until it grows good bacteria (or scent if you have charcoal, which, no real reason you should). Once it builds bacteria, then it will provide chemical filtration. But brand new filter really won't do anything but push water around

My ten is four guppies (one male) and a male Betta. If you go ahead with that you have to make sure the Betta is fairly docile and that the guppies are there first (to avoid territory battles)

Pic related, it's my male Betta before being placed in the tank. He's never flared at another fish.

Alright, first you are going to want to get a plecostomus (suckermouth catfish). This little nigga helps keep your tank clean and can get big af if he wants to. They look cool and can have some cool designs, too. Also pretty easy to get and take care of. Don't get a beta fish unless you're a beta cuck. Real men go for cichlids. Whole bunch of different kinda of these niggas with cool colors and and breeds. Can get pretty big too if given enough room. Find a local fish store to get more exotic ones. Most common one is the Oscar which is some mother fucking glutton that can be colored like a tiger. Some other cool fish in general are going to be Ghost Knife fish, Arowanas, and personally I liked loaches. Look into getting a UV sterilizer for your tank as well to help with the general cleanliness and health of the tank

fuck no chiclids are evil

Forgot to mention I recently added a female Betta, the male was so chill. They just hangout and explore the tank all day. Really surprising just how chill he is, boyfriend jokes he's gay

Shrimp or crabs. Add them to whatever fish you get

4 u scrub. Cichlids a best