ITT: Albums with no clear "best track"

Sound and Vision

Subterraneans exists though.

And Warzawa is great too. See?

See there you go, but what about Always Crashing in the Same Car? Or Warszawa? Or Be My Wife?

Blarney Stone is the best by far

except for the fact that Buckingham Green blows the rest of the record out of the water.

The only song that can even think of coming close is The Blarney Stone, and that's because it's what Ween does best

Blarney Stone is a pleb catcher, you pleb

That would be ocean man

Also

>hurr "by far" hurr durr

Oh yeah, of course Speed Of Life too

No doubt in my mind the best track is Two Headed Boy Pt. 2

What did he mean by this

No it wouldn't faggot

>TAKE MY SPONGE BOB MUSIC SERIOUSLY

people say "by far" all the time to overstate their claim, it's so annoying. It's like a meme without being a meme.

this, just beautiful

So you're going to rip on Spongebob now? You're a bigger cock sucker than i could imagine.

I'm not overstating anything, the only good song on the album is blarney stone, the rest is shit

DUDE BY FAR LMAO

DUDE REPEAT WHAT HE SAID LMAO

nothing wrong with spongebob, but the only reason anyone actually likes Ocean Man is because of spongebob

Bink Moon

>the only good song is The Blarney Stone

>Objectively fantastic
Buckingham Green
Blarney Stone
Mutilated Lips
It's Gonna Be (Alright)

>Great tier
I'll Be Your Jonny on the Spot
Golden Eel
Cold Blows the Wind
She Wanted To Leave

>Okay tier
The Mollusk
Polka Dot Tail
Waving My Dick In The Wind
Pink Eye - On My Leg

>Terrible tier
I'm Dancing In The Show Tonight

>literal meme tier
Ocean Man

An album that has enough coherence and a strong theme that it is better to listen to from start to finish like chapters in a story rather than individual songs. Like pic related

Place To Be

That's right because all of them are shit, right?

They're all fantastic, that album is brilliant.

Fuck it, it's a 5.

wait, what album is this?

Sum 41's new album: 13 Voices. The entire album is great

>Fuck it, it's a 5.
is this a meme now

While my favorite is Teeth Like God's Shoeshine, there are many others that I wouldn't blame people for picking instead.

A very stupid rym review that was featured on the front page.

I know where it's from I was just asking if it's a hot new meme

subterraneans
blarney stone
oh comely
place to be
can't have a best song if they're all terrible
predatory wasp
cowboy dan

Man of Metropolis tho
Untitled

No already a dead meme, the meme train never ends.

The fact there is disputing on any of these proves that these are albums with no clear best track. Pretty much any album written with continuity and a firm level of respect for the material/avoidance of filler is going to be solid all around. Its easy to pick and choose favorites from when all the tracks are of arguably equal quality. It would make more sense to be digging for an album everybody can actually agree about than throwing up any album with two or more good tracks.

Overall I'd give this thread a 4

Clear answer for this is Mutilated lips

Some weird people say it's not Limousine, so I guess this counts.

this album is shit

Certainly: Deloused

DADDY PLEASE

cicatriz esp desu

Dsco
Place to Be
Holland 1945
What Do You Want Me To Say

Art Decade is the best one OP

And Ghost is the best on this

Things Behind the Sun and Parasite are clear standouts

no u

Spider in the Snow is the only good one

sowing season or degausser

>Polka Dot Tail and Waving My Dick In The Wind are just okay
>Dancing In The Show Tonight is in terrible
Leave this board and never come back

Quads confirm

Side A is pretty even. The singles here aren't their best but a lot here has every bit as much going for it as the singles.

Holland, 1945 or Two Headed Boy Pt 2

Trailer Trash
O, Porcupine!
Yeah no it's Place To Be

>what is Day Tripper

Sound and Vision
Two headed boy pt2
Jacksonville
Truckers Atlas
Rocky Racoon
Degausser

sound & vision
océan man
title track
palisades
styrofoam boots
shiver

this is the only proper answer

oh comely
casimir pulaski day
trailer trash
degausser
what do you want me to say
credits for a movie (or whatever that song is called)

They Are Night Zombies!!

greatest man
correct
correct
correct
correct
correct
what do you want me to say
correct

fight over whether it's seagull or vapor trail

The one that goes BWAAANEA BWAA BWAAA
BWAAANEA BWAA BWAAAA

The fact that everyone is choosing different songs as the "best" proves your point.

It's obviously Ful Stop

the only interesting part of Polka Dot Tail is deaner's solo. everything else is pretty meh

Waving My Dick In The Wind is just a lesser copy of Jonny on the Spot. Should have just called it Jonny pt 2 or something.

And the only good part about Dancing in the Show Tonight is that it's the opening track. Despite it doing piss all to set the tone of the album it's in the prime spot to suffer through it rather than skip out (especially since it transitions straight into The Mollusk which is what should have opened the album

Can someone explain to me why this is the only popular song on the album? It just sounds so bland compared to the rest, like I'm not being contrarian it sounds like a plain guitar riff coupled with bland 80's synths. Personally one of my favourites would be What in the World, show me a song that sounds anything like that, it bubbles, it fucking bubbles. Weeping Wall and the especially underrated Subterranean are great too.

all terrible
Sowing Season
correct
When You Sleep

Speed of Life
Correct
Two Headed Boy, Pt. 2
Chicago
Daydreaming
High Speed
Towers of London
Correct
Airbag
Correct (but it's Soon)
You Think I Ain't Worth a Dollar, But I Feel Like a Millionaire

wow bro... ripping on spongebob huh?
thats a new fucking low man

YOU DIG DOWN

>credits for a movie

You just proved his point by picking 3

Best of OK Computer is definitely ET in da hood though...

hahahaha do you guys have some weird version where from the morning doesn't exist or something?

>show me a song that sounds anything like that, it bubbles, it fucking bubbles.
underrated post

>show me a song that sounds anything like that, it bubbles, it fucking bubbles.

I don't understand how you can feel that and not get Sound and Vision. It's all about how bright and happy it is, that joy it brings you, but at the end, it was simple. If you look at the lyrics, it was ironic, somewhat cynical, hollow. It was simultaneously representative of his feeling at the time, feeling momentary joy, feeling better, while being unchanged or unfulfilled, but also the slow change from being absolutely fucked and sedentary to being able to feel that joy again. There's a magic and love to that that makes it amazing.

I get that the lyrics of the song and the tone of Sound and Vision are somewhat ironic in that they are more depressed and contrast with the upbeat guitar, though it just doesn't really do much for me sound-wise, every part of the instrumentation on it (especially the guitars and the synths) I've heard elsewhere, it may have been great for its time though What in the World with its ever so fitting title sounds like some late 70's IDM fused with prog chord progression. I've never seen that bubbly synth before and it just catches one off-guard, like you're being carried to a place above the clouds on a torrent of soap-drenched liquid deposits hurtling towards space, as the omnipresent Aurora Bowielis gives you a cute wink from beyond the 4th dimension itself.

I get that. Sound and Vision is upbeat, that's all there is. It's impressive musically only in its relatively early infusion to technology with analogue instrumentation, but it's otherwise pretty repetitive. That's part of why Low is such a fractured album and considered experimental; all the songs are more playing with a sound or a chord for a couple minutes rather than a full orchestration. You just prefer the sound of What In The World, which is admittedly broader and more versatile. Ever hear the version off Stage? I actually quite like how it is if they use it as a slow buildup instead of being full-speed from the start.

Plus, S&V is kind of the epitome of the classic "Pop listeners ignoring the lyrics" thing that Bowie hit 99% of the time. It's just such a joyous, easy sound that it made enough sense as a popular thing, as a hit. It's just infectious and kind and simple. While we're more accepting of it now, in contrast, WITW must have been way the fuck weirder in '77, and even these days sounded kind of dated or strange. I can see where that might have been offputting to a point that it didn't become as popular.

true all are bad xd

Just had a look at some of the live versions, miss the synths though the guitar-work is brilliant, certainly enjoying it more than I thought I would. Thanks for the response by the way, made a lot more sense of the album to me as a whole.