I suffer making $100,000 - $1,000,000 dollars in my late 20's living in San Francisco working at Facebook/Apple

>I suffer making $100,000 - $1,000,000 dollars in my late 20's living in San Francisco working at Facebook/Apple

Jesus Christ millenials truly are the biggest entitled snowflakes in history. I will never, ever take a millenial's rant about boomers seriously ever again.

cnbc.com/2017/03/03/facebook-engineers-struggling-with-rents-ask-mark-zuckerberg-for-help.html

It's expensive living in SF. $2000 a month for a studio apartment? On top of that, you're surrounded by faggots and millennials. Fuck that. I can't even afford to live in my car out there.

Read the article.
Youd think if they're worth that kinda yearly salary they'd be smart enough to figure a resolution.

Guess it's just easier to put a hand out to daddy zuck

So you live in a lower class suburb an hour out. Living in a high-rent major city is retarded at any income.

There is literally nowhere on earth where you can make six-digits, live in the first world and work at the coziest companies in existence all within a decade of graduating and still claim that you're suffering.

Still leaves them with over 1400 a week after rent if they earned $100,000 a year

Facebookers are entitled little Kool-Aid-drinking shits who have mindless devotion to the company and don't recognize any of the bullshit they're inflicting on the internet or their local communities. I've had friends get swallowed up by them. They're killing the Bay Area.

bump

>mfw OP is a triggered snowflake Millennial ranting about triggered snowflake Millennials ranting

Not only the bay area. The innovations google and facebook are trying to push will end free speech all over the world.
All for the pc culture meme all those nerds fantazise about after years of being bullied.

if the market accepts their innovations that's called capitalism you fucking commie

Nerds are much, much more likely to wank over Ayn Rand than PC culture.

No matter how hard I try I simply cannot and never will be able to wrap my head around the social media craze. Literally the only thing it's good for is triggering and trolling normies.

Not if the market is dominated by a monopoly you tard, which is what facebook and google basically have. Learn some basic economics geez.

>>not able to wrap my head around social media>
>posting on Sup Forums
>mfw

I think the fact that it has been used to successfully shame companies into doing the right thing is a redeeming quality.

he isn't that smart, yeah?

Only a tiny handful of millennials actually have careers. They're called the 1% for a reason

>Zfags think the problem isn't going to be much worse for them

It's not nerds, it's women who support PC garbage

The right thing is always a matter of perspective. In the context of corporations it almost always means: "what the loudest minority wants"

false. unemployment among millennials is12.8% you fucking retard, lrn2google

Have you never seen the type of men that hang around swj's? Always thin chinned, low energy nerds hoping this tactic will get them laid.

Oh like when Sallie Mae tried to collect on a student's load after he was killed on campus until they were shamed out of it on social media? Sure wish that whiney minority had kept quiet, eh?

dumbass

>Anonymous imageboard where the purpose is basically to shitposting for fun
>Imageboard with all your personal information where the aim is literally to shout at everyone you know about every detail of your life

Totally the same thing. Although it may be a reasonable argument that imageboard are essentially social media for Autists who can't into an irl social life.

What am i if i think both are cancer?

said the autist who can't into an irl social life

You sound conservative but not neo-con, mostly.

>Having an IRL social life

GET THE FUDGE OUT REEEEEEEEEEEEE

if you don't know already, you need to ruminate on the subject further kiddo

You have wisdom of Russia bear.

Money does not but happiness ( to a certain threshold ) this has been shown time and time again. Look at all those rich and famus people who kill themselves and live way better lives then this dude.

They are over rated mostly just bring drama into your life also super time consuming. Better to have a small circle of closer friends then a whole bunch of acquaintances

What about us millenials who are actually in poverty you fuckign retard

I cannot find a job that pays more than $11/hr anywhere. And I owe 60k in loans. The only future I have is Canada and getting there is expensive.

>capitalism
>Jew-run and jew-owned fascist system emerging all over the world
>capitalism

idiot.

Yes, it fucking does. The only people who claim that money does not buy happiness were either
A. Born rich and therefore have no idea what being poor is like
B. Celebrities

All the rich people who kill themselves are celebrities. The in-the-shadows executive/investor types with no celebrity and no limelight are the happiest people alive.

false statistics stupid. It's more like 30%. When they stopped counting people who stopped looking for work because they already looked for years and couldn't find shit, that's when the official statistics became propaganda tier lies.

Nobody I know has a real job that pays more than $10/hr. Except a couple drug dealers and trust fund babies with rich parents who own their own companies.

> poverty
> sitting by the computer surfing the net on a saturday

Nice.

>The in-the-shadows executive/investor types with no celebrity and no limelight are the happiest people alive.

Youd be surprised at how those retards manage to sabotage themselves. They're not happy either, nor should they be.

If a working class person gets 50k a year without working, I guarantee you they are the happiest person on earth.

>Le millennial meme
kys

Yep, if it weren't for food stamps, rent assistance, and heating assistance, along with my own company I started in college I would literally be on the streets right this second.

ALL of my friends live with their parents at 27+ years of age or older. There. Are. NO. Jobs.

Like 30% of that gets income taxed

>what are taxes
Scram kid, the grownups are talking.

Looks like their ideas are widely accepted, then. Fuck off.

As a NEET, not doing anything with your time is absolutely horrifically depressing. Sure, for two days a week it's fun, but when you have literally nothing to do in life except shitpost on imageboards for weeks and months on end you end up very close to suicidal. Unless you have young kids or something else to occupy your time with wishing you were a NEET is a death sentence.

Just walk into a factory and said you want to work.

Its not hard.

I'm 25 and live at home. I have a job there's just no way I could afford to live in Toronto. I'd rather live at home and save for a down payment then burn half my income renting a box to sleep in downtown Toronto

Than*

Military

Sir, DO YOU KNOW THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN A CAREER AND A JOB?

But that's what you should do. Move out at 18 and struggle to make ends meet. At 50 your body is broken and you still make shit money, unless you get a lucky chance. The American Dream is based on a few success stories and a lie that hard work always pays off.

Y'all are fucked, no two ways about it. Baby boomers are sucking the planet dry, and automation means that there will be fewer and fewer jobs available.

These guys know.

If you "can*t" afford, make it affordable, move to another city etc.

If you "can't" find a job, then you do not want one OR you want a very specific list of jobs which unless attainable you settle with unemployment because you are a wuss.

Oh, no way dude. Because of my company I can afford to do that and it feels fucking amazing. But it sure as fuck woldn't feel amazing if I still lived with my parents.

It's all about the environment you're in. Posting away on an imageboard is great fun when you have an entire house to yourself and can have hot sex as loud as you want, smoke weed in the living room with music blasting, as opposed to stealthmasturbating with your mom folding laundry right above you.

Trust me, money makes all the difference. Everyone my age is depressed because there's no money man. THat's what it is.

I don't recommend that dude. Get a house in the country or something. It's better for your mental health to be away from your parents at 25.

Too late for me. Would have done it at 18 but I thought college was the right idea. Go figure, all I have to show for it is eternal debt. What a stupid country to Jew its young like this.

My only hope of a good life is Canada. There is no future in the USA. It's gutted and rotted out.

>My only hope of a good life is Canada.
you think

I should be forced to struggle and burn my money and leave an empty room in my parents house? There's no logic there, i don't give a fuck about some arbitrary dream

>Have sex
>Smoke weed

You've got normies privelige, and therefore things you can actually do. I'm talking about the average Sup Forums autistic weeb who's entire life consists of work and imageboards.

>. It's better for your mental health to be away from your parents at 25
Why? I get along fine with my parents

Toronto has like 100 homicides a year in a city of 3million and most are in a couple rough areas. Compare that to the murder rate in any major U.S. city of equal or lesser size

Well, it's my only option unless I magically win the lottery and have a spare 60k/70k to get rid of my debt.

But I've heard stories of people paying off their debt and then still having hidden fees illegally added. The only way out of it is to leave the country it seems.

I have sex with my dogs dude.

It's not healthy even if you get along with them. You're stuck in kid mode until you leave. I was like that until I was 23. My business took off somewhat and I'm living okay without working right now.

>You're stuck in kid mode until you leave.
Yeah I guess this is kind of true. I'm going to law school next fall in thunder bay which is like a 15hour drive away so I'll spread my wings then

I was fucking joking you imbecile. You really do not get a job by walking into some shitgrinder saying you too want to grind shit.

But you are lazy and entitled and probably communist as well if you do it smart instead of the manly American way.

No you won't. Kid mode sticks with you throughout college and school.

You need to make money to get out of it. It's the only way.

>herpaderp

Good luck getting those jobs without 5+ years of experience and the burning life's dream desire to work for minimum wage.

>Good luck getting those jobs without 5+ years of experience and the burning life's dream desire to work for minimum wage.
see

Hah, upset much.

Well jokes on you, I have worked at a bunch of places while studying and that's EXACTLY how I got them, I picked a place, walked in, requested to meet with their boss and offered my hard work, worked every time.

Don't get fooled by the "CV shops", "Work agents" and alike, THAT is the joke.

Law school is a professional degree, i already finished my undergrad in 2014

Yes but instead of making money you're adding another 752765276523 dollars of debt to your account. Do you see my point?

I did that shit a lot too. A lot. Every time people just said they're not hiring, and I'd always see some skimpy tight 20-something behind the counter.

A lot of cafe/restaurant/bar positions are gender specific.

>living on the central coast of Cali (expensive as fuck tourist town i was born in)
>only make 1200$ a month working at a gas station
>pay 600$ a month rent
>live in a nice 4br house with a few friends
>have a beater dodge ram, and a challenger i make monthly payments on
>have money for food, necessities, and hobbies (vidya, guns, booze)
>still manage to put money into savings
>only 20 and have 12k in my savings

These faggot Hajis dont know how to live within their means.

>Don't get fooled by the "CV shops", "Work agents" and alike, THAT is the joke.
We've gone over the difference of a job and a career already in this thread.

>Yes but instead of making money you're adding another 752765276523
I have like 90 grand saved
I can pay for my degree outright. I am making money, just living at home while doing so.

You need a job to have a career silly.

>Working at a gas station for minimum wage
>Not getting an education
>Living in a glorified dorm
>Wasting money on possibly the worst cars available

You actually think you're well off? You must not be a very smart person.

You don't start a career at a place where you can just walk in and start doing dishes.

>Be 20, NEET living with my parents
>Parents moved to foreign country after third grade
>Didn't know language
>Took me three years to learn
>By the time I hit seventh grade I was already too far behind to be able to understand anything
>Mental health issues started around that time
>Ended up dropping out entirely after a few months
>Literally have third grade education
>Just passed first grade math on Khan Academy, and had to watch a few of the videos to do even that

Is there any hope at all for me Sup Forums, or should I just accept that I'm going to be living with my parents for the rest of my life?

Funny, I get $1200 a month too and my rent is also $600/month. But I don't have a cent left over every month.Maybe $60-100 at most or less. Are you sure nobody else is helping you? Then again I have to pay all my utilities.

Does that really seem like a good way to spend your money considering the extremely bleak outlook for the law field?

Do you really want to make 30k a year for 5 years straight working for some multimillionaire nepotist firm who only promotes family?

Trust me, take that money and buy a small cheap property somewhere for 30k or less. Then you will be set for life.

I know 5 lawyers and none of them are happy. Four of them say there's no future for their life and one of them graduated from Cornell. I would not recommend that road.

In the Sims that's how you unlock the movie star career

What countrym

Dude, you are actually AHEAD of most people with college degrees. I have a college degree but 50k of debt which I will NEVER pay off in my lifetime or the next. Now I have to figure the fuck out how I'm going to move to Canada or live in poverty forever.

You are way ahead of the curb if you don't go to college.

My point exactly.

Everyone expects "equal" economic lifestyles, fucking jet sets more like it.

> Only drink tap water
> Only cook at home and in bulk, rice/potatoes etc.
> Only pay for necessities, no drugs/pasteries, nothing I don't need except internet, though the small price outweighs the time cost to do some stuff without the internet access at home.

Cool, my dad's a lawyer and makes like $500k and is very happy. I don't want to work at his firm but it's an option

600$ is with utilities included, like i said, 4br 3bath split 4 ways. I live close to my work and buy cheap ass ingredients at food4less to actually cook my own meals, food costs and gas is what gets a lot of people. Both my parents are dead so if anyone's helping me im sure not aware of it.

That's exactly how many careers start, then they move on to hack the cold dishes/prep then aid the cook and within short time they are the cook or manager or whatever the enjoy doing.

OR with the great experience and confidence they have built they can easily find a new work to pursue a career in.

Stop the negativism already.

>Everybody should settle for a life of mediocrity for the rest of their days
That is not how most of us want to spend our only life, user.

I bought a house about 30 min away from SF and my payments are $2100 a month but at least I get way more space then a studio

Most of these faggots are going to starbucks/chipotle every single day bc they cant into cooking basic fucking meals for themselves. That shit will bleed you dry

Holy shit you are delusional. Do your future self a favour and stop looking at old Hollywood movies.

Taxes bitch

> be 35
> somewhere between millennial and gen-x
> work 50 hr+ a week to make it
> paid off house year and a half ago
> living pretty good now on ~$3000/mo

I'm 33, pharmaceutical sales rep, married to a successful graphic designer. We live in a suburb of Detroit. shit is affordable but just can't save enough money it seems. Mostly stupid shit like fixing something in the house or car that's eating our savings. I'm trying to start a business on the side. There's literally no reason why a millennial making more than 70k should whine about life. Unless you have some insanely expensive health issue. Man the fuck up.

That article does not maths.

I make about $50k a year and I live in MD (which is very expensive compared to the average). I have a house, car, food, and money left. It's still $1600 a month for my house and $4-500 a month for food....

If you make $200,000 a year and you only have to pay $2,000 a month for an apartment then you're getting about $3000 a week...net....

You'd literally have to have holes in your pockets to piss away that kind of money. Even if you lived on $12 coffee and had a coke habit you'd still have a decent IRA at the end of the year.

>tiny violin

How about the fact that you have to live in an insanely expensive region just to work? I've no idea why you would think of yourself as an authority on this issue when you're living in fucking Detroit suburbs of all places.

You are fucking stupid if you think saving a few pennies here and there is going to make a difference. Doing all that and living like a fucking retard peasant will save you maybe $1,000 per year. Congrats, 5 years of that and you'll be the proud owner of a shitty used car.

The only way to make money is:
-Start a business
-Be born rich

There is no alternative becasue careers are a fantasy concept that no longer exist except for a lucky few. You are lucky to get a job if anything at all.

I highly suggest you work at his firm or use his experience to build your own. You are one of the lucky few with nepotism on your side. I thougth you weren't a born-rich dude but congrats I guess

Ah I see. I pay about $900/month with utilities included. My food is free from EBT but I still have little money left over each month.

You are living in a fantasy stupid. Here's how it really works:

>Dishwasher starts working
>wants to prove himself
>works hard everyday, never late, always on time, no sick days
>sticks with the restaurant/hotel for years
>lazy slacker company owner's son joins workforce
>texts all day, does nothing, has sex in the bathroom with his girlfriend then blames the dishwasher
>dishwasher of 5 years gets fired and has no real experience on his resume other than being a dishbitch for 5 years
>company owner's son gets promoted, inherits restaurant/hotel, lives happily ever after
>dishwasher lives in a run down rat infested ghetto fo the rest of his life.
>the end

That's how reality works stupid. Don't trust your parents who lived in the easiest time in American history when "careers" actually were a thing. THey no longer exist.

Nobody I know does that because nobody has a fucking cent to their name.

Tell us more about the things that happen inside your wild imagination, user.

>implying that hasn't been the foundation of capitalism for centuries

Worked 50 hours a week doing backbreaking work not too long ago and still had to decide between rent, food or electric. Not two out of three, just one. I remember after coming home on a Saturday and breaking down because I went food shopping but they shut off my electric without notice and most of my food was spoiled by the time I got off work.

THAT's what working hard in the modern era gets you. If I didn't have my company I would be fucked. That was back when my company wasn't doing too great. It was depressing. I can only imagine how hard it is for most people without a company to fall back on. No wonder suicides are record high since the great depression.

It's called driving a fucking hour every day. I did it and they can too.

haha jesus, at least this guy knows >
Mediocrity?
I find extreme pleasure in living my life, every, single day.

> Work as a teacher, enjoy pedagogy
> Play the guitar, love electric and acoustic
> Various workouts, gymnastics/martial arts
> Fuck my nationalistic/communist GF
> Follow our interest times in the world
> Planning on moving north, buy a small place and just live like hippies after our 30-35's, currently 27.

Live and learn, you fools.

Money in itself lacks inherent value, learn from history, once chaos errupts and it will, money are useless unless you're a billionaire.

A dog is approx. 10-15 years of pure bliss and joy.

1000$ is approx. two months rent.

HEY JOOS WE DONT TAKE TOO KINDLY TO YOUR TYPE ROUND HERE

I lucked out.
I mortgaged this place in 05, a couple years before the cost of housing here went apeshit.
If I would have waited a couple more years, I would be screwed and paying the mortgage till I was nearly 50.

Here you are assuming that everyone finds joy in the same things. Money does not bring happiness, but it does bring means to obtain happiness. Your perspective is extremely narrow for someone in a teaching profession.

Good for you for having a real job I guess?

You really think millennials can pull any of that off working at Wendy's or Walmart?

Yeah, it's basically over for most of us under 25 or so. Unless we go to Canada, but not everyone is able to do that.

I'm at a unique position fo rmy age. I might be able to sell my company and move up there if I'm lucky. I feel so very sad for the people my age who have literally no options available to them other than suck on mom and dad's teat dry, or work slave wages while living in a ghetto for eternity while the economy dies around you.