Anybody here on 40mg of Paxil and have trouble having orgasms...

Anybody here on 40mg of Paxil and have trouble having orgasms? I have no problems getting it up but the problem is achieving orgasm.

Does it get easier in time on 40 mg or will it always be like this unless I get off of it?

what life events lead you to the psychiatrists and drugs?

Yeah that's pretty common. What do you take it for?

9+year relationship ended badly, put on a lot of weight, started going bald, didn't apply to jobs for years... I am in my late twenties and I am basically a hermit.

My brain chemistry was not right after this relationship ended so I wanted to give drugs a chance. I have been on Paxil for a few months and I plan on staying on it for a full year.

I've been on a few anxiety medications that had the same side effect. At first I thought it was great because I could fuck like a Greek God but the longer I took it the less sex drive I had. I had to change medications 3 times until I finally found one that didn't have that side effect.

I'm sorry to hear that, user. I definitely can't blame you for turning to the drug. Is the drug helping you other than the fact that you can't get off? Have you tried speaking to your doctor about taking an alternative?

I feel like the drug is helping me. I don't take things so personally. I am generally much happier. Plus, I read that Paxil is one of the most potent SSRIs and I didn't want to be taking a sugar pill. I needed a drastic change.

Hopefully when the time comes it won't be too difficult to ease off of it slowly.

I don't think wellbutrin has that side effect, but that's not really in the same class

Avoid any and all of those brainfuck pills. Very serious about this. Just stay the fuck away from them.

My brain was already fucked to begin with though.

Wellbutrin (or bupropion) is likely OP's best bet. It's just as effective as SSRIs but only effects adrenaline uptake so it doesn't interfere with sexual functioning.

Yep same thing happens to me and I'm on 20mg a day. I can get it up make her come and just when I feel that feeling when your about to bust it just fades off.....

Why?

doc here. AMA

Wellbutrin has the worst sexual side effects. Are you faggots trolling or what?

Nice bait. How about you go do some reading before trying to fool someone who studies this shit.

How about you stop trolling the guy who's taken wellbutrin before?

Bad parents.

tfw live in Houston and friend went to rehab 3 times for smoking half a bowl of weed a day. We would split a bowl of weed a day cause we were so poor and had nothing going for us.

I got sent to rehab for drinking 2 40's a week. Just got out of county so parents made me go to a Muslim psychiatrist were alcohol is a against his religion so he sent me to rehab. Would show up high and on drink failing drug tests. Just out patient.

Strict parents ruin peoples lives. I was always out in a out with weed and drinking cause can't do it at home yet the guys who had cool parents had a great fun life filled with mild drugs and pussy cause parents wouldn't force them to be out in the world doing that shit.

Your personal experience (n=1) does not beat systematic reviews and meta analysis.

Hey doc I've had weird numbness in my left leg, nothing debilitating. Just curious, could it be a trapped spinal nerve or something?

get off that shit asap

make sure you doc knows how to ween you off. I went cold turkey after two months and that was a shitty week. I mean halucinations and sever mood swings from rage to terror to joy back to rage, cant eat/sleep, etc

be careful man

it's been about 15 years, but when i took paxil, both 20 and 40mg doses, i was nearly impervious to orgasms. I could fuck my girlfriend til she came and be left hanging. it sucked at the time but now i wish i still had that kind of stamina.

sexual side effects of SSRI's are a fucking bitch.

Ive found that waiting until your daytime dose is in the process of wearing off. You get the added benifit of lasting longer, and you will eventually get to blast some baby batter into the spunk funnel of your choosing

>Why?

They turn you into a zombie dependent on corporate pharma meds. You are no longer yourself. They're just fucking creepy.

this. try giving your gf chewing gum like all the time to strengthen her muscles for blowjobs. she'll need it.

Yeah, but my life off of drugs is not working to begin with. I feel like I've tried everything else.

I remember reading an interview with Ozzy Osbourne where he complained that he could pound a way like a jackhammer but couldn't climax.

So, congratulations, son! You're a rock star!

this too. But skipping one dose of anxiety meds can actually multiply your sensitivity. seriously, its fucking amazing. great release if youve been feeling anxious all day from skipping a dose of your meds

busebar fucked up my libido I was not wanting to fap four days straight then when I did the orgasm was just meh

I took some AD's in order to be able to fuck longer but as one user stated, you'll lose your sexdrive.

Apart from that, tried all SSRIs and NRIs. They're all shit. They hardly help and have too many sideeffects. Most people take antidepressants instead of working to fix the circumstances which cause their discomfort. They might be an aid but you have to actively fix your problems. Its like idk... taking supplements but don't work out. You won't see results.
Jesus you're not even 30. Go to the gym, find a job and buy a fucking hat. Good luck

i'm on 20mg lexapro (another ssri) for 2 weeks and it's VERY hard to orgasm, i'm also tired all the time

I'm on 80mg I can only get off to rape now

Never had Paxil but Reboxetine made my dick hurt when I came.

Currently on 200mg Lamotrigine but don't feel that they've done anything for me so far.

Taking turns with Zolpidem and Zopiclone once in a while. Doesn't knock me out themselves, but makes it not unbearable to lie down in and try to relax, which is a major relief.

I hate my life. Nothing is fun at the moment and I feel bored to the point that it reaches despair.

This is a common sideeffect of ssris. Tell your doctor if it's troubling you that much. He should switch you to a different ssri or wellbutrin. But if it's working for your depression, I'd suggest you continue on it;

Sometimes ssris are prescribed for premature ejaculation. Usually the first month or two are worst for side effects. See your doc if you cant get an erection, though

so when you're suffering from Panic Disorder and have constant panic attacks every day and there's no way to stop them unless you take these kind of meds, and If you didnt stop them your adrenal glands would stop working and you'd die... I'll just tell my brain nvm lets just go to the gym and buy a hat instead. Get fucked boi

welcome to club med. you have to learn the hard way which drugs you can suitably function with. there's almost always a downside to deal with.

very true. skipping a dose for a day or three can lead to some excellent sex.

meh, as long as it stops my anxiety, i can deal with it

>healthy

For mild depression ssris arent helpful. But for major depression or SAD they are extremely effective. Mild depression can be improved by making lifestyle changes

I hear you, man, i really do.

yep. I really hate SSRI's but when depression gets into severe territory I need them to be considered anything near a functional adult.

OP here...I have very extreme social anxiety disorder which is another reason that I opted for Paxil.

If I have to choose between not leaking the house for weeks or a risky drug that is changing the way I think, I choose the drug.

Doctor here, have taken Lexapro and Zoloft in the past

Had ejaculatory problems with both, and Lexapro was worse. Still preferable to being depressed. For me it got better with time but for most, it doesn't. Having a lower dose might help, or switching to mirtazapine (might make you sleepy though). Failing that, you could try an antihistamine like Periactin. Not tried it myself but it definitely works for some people.

For me, putting up with difficulty orgasming was preferable to being depressed an unable to function.

Good luck OP

*Leaving lul

You're fucked. Was on for 2 years and hardly could ever orgasm. Only way was like 30-45 min of hard masturbation.

lol

If you also have social anxiety, I'd suggest you push yourself to do something difficult once a week in addition to taking your anti depressant. Something like walking in a crowd, asking for at a store or wherever you feel comfortable to start. The effects from an ssri are subtle but you Will notice a difference.

For me ssris help with obsessive thoughts in social situations.

I didn't say stop taking meds. Take'em if they help you. I just stated that people oftwn soley rely on these meds and forget that they're just treating symptoms. I had to deal with anxiety and panic attacks for many years and tried alot of drugs (self medicated and prescribed) and in the end, the only thing that helped, was changing the life I lived. You said you're in your late 20 and live like a hermit. That sounds familiar. Isolation and unemployment is a great breeding ground for anxiety and depression. I know what I'm talking about. And I meant it: Get a job (feel productive, needed), socialize (relearn to interact with ppl whicj I guess causes you great stress), work out (feel good in your body), work on you appearance (buy a fucking hat if your dome bothers you) and take your meds. Sooner or later you wont need them anymore.

agreed, im on lexapro, your house is the "safe zone" but if you start off at going to places like a coffee shop, 7/11, and then work your way up to bigger events, it does get better slowly

this is all good advice.

when i was younger I went through a process of breaking my social anxiety through a combination of shitty therapy, SSRIs and forcing myself into social situations such as spending a regular amount of time in coffeshops mixing with people and making new friends.

I learned many things about how to interact with people and become a socially functioning human being and would suggest it to anybody who suffers anxiety problems.

Turns out i have a psychotic disorder which changes things some, but when I'm able to be a functional adult, i am much better with social interaction than before i tried to learn my way out of it.