Sup Forums car dealership thread

Sup Forums car dealership thread.

In this thread we talk about:
>If they greet you
>If they reluctantly give you a test drive or tell you to fuck off no test drives (subaru is known for this)
>good experiences on the dealer lot
>Bad experiences

I dressed up like a poorfag. 5 salesmen chatting amongst themselves not busy. One finished with a customer and comes to me immediately. Courteous, treats me well, I showed up in a honda civic '11 to Jaguar. Dude lets me test drive and i buy the Car on the spot.

Pic related.

I'm actually about to go buy my first new car next week, any tips?

brits can't make cars. you got swindled, m8

Start emailing and live chat dealers now for lease offer so you can see money factor and residual and how much they took off msrp.

If buying expect them to give huge discount

I'm a sales manager at a dealership.
Everyone constantly makes it seem like car sales is some ridiculous game, when it's actually one of the most over-regulated and low-markup industries. Also, competition is fierce.

Be honest about what you want. If you have a budget and want to get the most for it, tell the salesman that. Look for the salespeople that ask about you personally. They are trying to find the best fit for your life. Also, test their knowledge of the product and competition. The internet really levels the playing field here. A good salesperson who is committed to taking care of you even after you purchase a vehicle will remember details about you and will also know EVERYTHING about his product and the competitor's.

Realize that unless you're shopping for a 100k car, and even if you are sometimes, there is very little markup. Shopping for "best price" will likely only save you a couple hundred bucks and will take hours of your time, a shit tradeoff if you ask me.

Find a good salesman, a car you like, and then decide how good of a deal you want on it. If you want to get a really good deal, asking for a discount so you can walk away is not the way to do it. The magic word is TODAY.

Dealers will tell you they can do any deal at all if they know you're not buying today. The shadiest one will promise the lowest price because once they get you back in, they know they can just tell you that car has been sold and offer you a worse deal.

Also, people make a big deal about not buying additional warranty and shit.
If you are leasing, you should have GAP and wear care. It WILL save you money.

I appraise cars everyday. Even a small spot of rust will fuck your trade value in five years. If you live somewhere that it gets cold, rustproof your car. You can typically find rust protection for less than a grand that covers the entire life of your vehicle.

not true in my experience.

I've saved literally thousands by playing the dumb dealership game when the guy needs a few more cars near the end of the month, in combination with next years models coming out (pressure to get rid of old stock).

dealer cash is offered, some fees taken off, and more off msrp. sometimes mf and residual isn't even consistent with the standard.

Emailing is a good idea. The rest of this advice is shite.

The dealers who take the most off of MSRP are telling you one thing: I don't value the service I provide, and I only care about getting a car off the lot.

Dealers who will take care of you will do a good deal (think one thousand off, not five), will be honest about the fact that they can't truly promise a deal for the future, and will fight for their dollars because they value their employees just like their customers. The dealer who gives you the too-good-to-be-true internet discount is just that: too good to be true. He will rope you in, and once you show up you WILL get fucked in the ass.

Well yeah, going in when they are trying to get rid of inventory will yield a better deal.
You're also waiting potential months to save a couple hundred beans. If it matters that much, then by all means wait.

Markups are available to look at online for fifty bucks from the APA. If you think any manufacturer has more than two grand dealer profit in a run of the mill commuter car, you're high.

>The dealers who take the most off of MSRP are telling you one thing: I don't value the service I provide, and I only care about getting a car off the lot.

Yeah no shit, that is the JOB of the fucking fleet manager.

Most people just want their car at best price and dealer cash to gtfo

You're high if you don't realize that dealers just need to sell volume.

They get incentives, rebates from the brand company, financial industry that takes the leases and financing, and more.

Why do you think the owner of the dealer asks the employees how many cars they've sold? Instead of asking the markup.

Dumb dumb.

KILL YOURSELF FAGGOT LOBBYIST

> Shopping for "best price" will likely only save you a couple hundred bucks and will take hours of your time

you do mean hundred bucks every month. Which in the end is thousands.

LOL

Literally wrong, there are two companies with manufacturer VPA (volume cash) and they are the two most shit manufacturers: Chrysler and Nissan.

Any other manufacturer pays ONLY a wholesale credit of 5-800 to offset the retardulous costs of floorplanning vehicles.

If you think that an industry with 2-5% markup MAX is going to be able to accomodate a brand-new vehicle discount of a hundred a month(at least 6 grand) then you are buying a vehicle not worth that discount.

>Not knowing BMW, Jaguar with Chase, Acura Honda financials, literally EVERY dealer gets rebates for getting financing lease deals.

Not even talking about manufactureres top cuck.

Yes, banks pay for the business they get from dealers. That said, I've never ever lost money on a car to make it back on theoretical financing. What if a customer decides they want a cash deal last-minute(which happens at least once a week to me)? This would be the most retarded way to do business.
I've been in the dealership business for twelve years; NEVER have I ever seen a "best price" customer get a better deal than a reasonable one. Also I've never seen any manager lose money to sell a car.

Then you must work at a small shitty dealer.

You can't get can't the cars on the lots. And Dealers ALWAYS make money even by "losing" like you're saying.

I got an Audi a4 quattro for $380 month no drive off or down.

BMW 430i $50k+ msrp for $400 monthly payments no drive off or down.

You're just a cuck who works at small dealers and don't realize there are big dealers who need to get rid of cars. 15+ years experience and retired. My bosses are still in the business being COO and president of LARGE motor groups.

No idea why you're being so /jew/ to fellow Sup Forumstards. If you're ready to buy a car they WILL make any deal. Saving literally ~100 on monthly payments and thousands. Not just "couple of hundred beans" LOL

Just curious is that 2 to 5 markup from how much the car costs to make? Or from how much the dealership paid for it?

Lmao the biggest publicly traded dealer groups make an average of 5% gross on a car. You can literally find this info in EDGAR reports.
Your made up stories don't change the fact that losing money to sell a car IS the cuck way. The biggest, best dealers are engaging in value selling with a highly trained team closing at 50-60% on fresh ups and averaging good grosses before business office profit, which is counted seperately on a financial statement.

I make it a habit to never trust someone who works at a dealership. Shit your entire job is to sell me on a vehicle not fucking help me. If I don't trust a dealer face to face I sure as shit wont trust one on Sup Forums

From what the manufacturer sells it to the dealer for.
Which brings me to another good point: when you haggle a dealer, you're haggling a local small business, not taking down the manufacturer. You're taking money out of the pockets of people just like you, who live, work and contribute in your community.

If thats supposed to be you then youre not dressed like a poorfag, you dressed like someone with money that is trying to dress down.

Poorfags dont own white clothes brug. Too easy to see that theyre dirty.

Actually, the most money we make on customers is the money we make on repeat business; that is to say customers who come back and refer everyone they know. My entire success is based on community involvement, relationships with people, and most of all trust.