Today I went to the game store intending to pick up the switch...

Today I went to the game store intending to pick up the switch, but then I saw the 2ds for 75$ and ended up getting it along with smash, 2 pokemon games, ocarina of time and mario kart all for for under the price of the wiiU 2.0.
Wonder why people would buy that instead, with basically only 1 playable game at the moment.
Also no dual screen funcionality while using the tv as well? wtf nintendo

"I made a post about going to the store to pick up a Nintendo Switch, but since it is sold out, I settled for something else and now I'm bitching about how bad the console is.", L.O.L.

yeah half the reason the wii U failed was because it had to split power between a console and an unneccessary second screen, which literally gimped the console in comparison to the XBONE and Ps4.

so, since it made absolutely no money, and had no purpose that developers couldn't really figure out, they dropped it and made a full portable/tv hybrid. Maybe for once, it makes business sense after all.

people would buy it because its new and they want to show off

Good...its such a shit console anyways

I'm hoping they continue this trend and it takes over as both their home and portable consoles.

Posting this from my brand new Switch, kek, guess you poorfags are jealous

cant you emulate all those games on your computer? why are you wasting your money?

>Also no dual screen funcionality while using the tv as well? wtf nintendo

How would this work? Genuinely curious

ocarina and pokemon sun maybe with but with significant lag tho, not the others.

Like the WiiU basically. A big DS.
Menus and that sort of stuff in the gamepad, game on tv.

Getting a 2ds that's made for children and not getting a 3ds xl

Also all of thoes games (other than moon and sun) have been out 2+ years everyone has had plenty of time to play them

I honestly can't get why anyone buys a console day one. You have no idea what's going to be wrong with it and if it'll even have 'alright' games.

If everyone waited for other people to buy it to see the problems then no one would buy it because there would be no way to know what the problems are. Unless your so poor $300 is alot of money to you

Or you could wait for the reviewers to, ya know, actually review the console and the launch games Of course, I may have been a bit hyperbolic when I said 'can't get why', if you're a collector or something then I get it completely. However, if you're expecting a top notch console day one, you're fucking stupid. Remember the ps4 and xbone1 launch games? Of course not, cause they fuckin' sucked (excluding games that were already released before their time and just got ported.)

Okay I kinda get you now. But one thing nintendo does well is sends out review units so there were dozens of reviews on youtube about the switch and the new zelda 1-2 days before launch.

Also the launch game thing. I can't remember a single console that had more then a few decent games at launch.

I guess you have a point there, though I still think that people should put plenty of research into the console, before buying it on just whim. For instance, the PS4 seemed pretty cool to me at first, but since most of the games seemed to be on PC, I just didn't want it.

Also, there's very few 'great' launch games. Remember Knack? FUCKIN' KNACK, BRAH? Cause I don't.

are you suggesting that mario kart can't be emulated?

How would you get that to work though? You'd need a long fucking cable to run to your TV

Once again like the WiiU gamepad. If they managed to do it wirelessly there I dont see why it would be a problem on the Switch.

>tfw you're legitimately snatching up a Switch just for BotW and just not eating for a month