Sulu is now gay folks

>sulu is now gay folks
>watch the movie now conscious of this fact
>husband is in the movie for maybe 15 seconds tops

I don't give a fuck if this version of Sulu sucks dick, eats pussy, does both or neither. The simple fact that the studio felt the need to PR the fuck out of his sexual preference put a little tarnish what should have been just a fun summer action movie. I kept waiting for some sort of relevance to the whole "Sulu is gay" fiasco and it turned out to be literally nothing other than "let's appear to be progressive for the sake of it".

Fuck you Paramount. You're now officially on par with Fox and Sony for the amount of horseshit we have to put up with just to watch a film.

It's almost as if the marketing departments shriek for attention.

Star Trek Diversity sucks dick. Fact.

Fun to look at but shallow and plotless.

I'm gay and this annoys me personally. Especially considering they apparently had a brief kiss scene that the studio didn't have the balls to keep and was cut. If you're going to shoehorn in progressive pandering BS at least stick by it.

The version I saw in the cinema could easier have had sulu be straight and that's his brother with his niece. I swear down there was a scene 5 mins before of him checking out a woman in the ship's corridor

>don't give a fuck if this version of Sulu sucks dick, eats pussy, does both or neither

Except you clearly do.

>"let's appear to be progressive for the sake of it".

And so fucking what? Like you said, it's retarded but entirely inconsequential.

Sulu married another Gaysian?

>the studio felt the need to PR the fuck out of his sexual preference

How? This is the first time I'm hearing about it.
Is there some "Gay NewLetter" you subscribe too? Why?

As issues with forced diversity always are...

I did not notice the husband at all, the giant space city was too distracting

Haha why are you so mad tho? They are just trying to make the movie as realistic as possible. With all those niggas on that ship a couple of them are gonna be gay

Your supposed not to care. That's the whole point. People with homo or hetero sexual orientation are just the same. Sulu doesn't pilot the enterprise or franklin anyworse because he's now shown to be gay.

>being annoyed that a studio makes a character gay for no reason other to drum up buzz for thier shitty star flick sequel then backpedals on a kissing scene makes you "alt right"
Ok

I went into this movie actively looking for when theyd allude to Sulu being gay and I still missed it.

or does he?

Only after datenight. Heck.

I hope all gays gets rounded up and institutionalized until cured. Or dead, which ever comes first.

But to think they have to shoe horn fags into everything makes me want to end the Jew. Not every Jew just the ones forcing this.

>t. fat neckbeard pretending to be a black meme

>try to be progressive
>Takei hates it
>new Sulu hates it because it's racist against Asians
JUST

It's actually a pretty brilliant strategy by the studio

Think about it, in this day and age all relevant film critics are liberal white cucks who eat this shit up

By shoehorning a gay romance in they secured stellar reviews for the movie and any critics who gave the movie anything less than absolute praise would be called a homophobic bigot

It's also why the new Ghostbusters movie got great reviews

If the base of the entire marketing campaign of your film is diversity, girl power, gay romance, etc then you have a guaranteed hit on your hands no matter what

>Make his husband look just like him
>people just think theyre brothers reunited

BRAVO

It's just homage to Takei, whatever.

I thought it may have been his brother. Is there even any confirmation in the movie that it is in fact his husband? Maybe that girl was that guys daughter and he was just meeting them

>new Sulu hates it because it's racist against Asians

Cho was the one who insisted Sulu's husband also be Asian, because he felt that you almost never see two gay Asian men together (Ben Sulu was ultimately played by Beyond co-writer Doug Jung).

See, this is why Sup Forums (and other conservative voices) protestations about how much Hollywood "panders" for diversity come off as hilarious. Hollywood is incredibly heteronormative and Anglo-American-centric. Even getting *that much* of a gay couple into a movie was probably a bout of arm-twisting with Paramount producers, who doubtless insisted it be as brief and ambiguous as possible. Likewise, you have Sony being so paranoid about openly-gay Kate McKinnon's Jillian Holtzmann being seen as a lesbian in Ghostbusters they had Feig under a gag order before the film came out and openly-gay Bryan Singer working overtime to ensure the audience doesn't think Charles Xavier and Magneto are the least bit gay.