The Killing Joke

What does Sup Forums think of The Killing Joke movie?

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/film/2016/jul/26/batman-sexism-the-killing-joke-remake-source-material
myredditnudes.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Another disappointing movie of 2016.

what was the joke

i haven't seen it yet.

The entire Batgirl thing was awful. The story was simply too short to make a good animated feature.

It was fucking terrible, and that bums me out.

I was disappointed , how they could fuck this up with such great source material is beyond me

>shitty animation
>generic colouring
>that unnecessary bit with Batgirl

I'm starting to agree with Alan Moore when he said that comics shouldn't be adapted into other mediums

annoying audience

theater smelled of fat unwashed neets

>Tamest R rating you could possibly have
>First act devoted to fan fic bullshit
>Devote all animation to the iconic Joker faces, skimp on the rest
>barely use the throne of baby heads shot that's probably the most memorable panel from the comic
>Don't flesh out the backstory enough because we need more of Batgirls gay friend

But still better than Dawn of Justice.

DC animation is dead.

>walked into the movie theatre
>fucking concession stand with Suicide Squad merchandise
>sit down
>trailers for Suicide Squad and Wonder Woman
>ohfuckme.jpg
>introduction to the film by Mark Hamill
>nothing from Kevin Conroy
>nicebutcould'vebeenbetter.gif
>film starts
>literally an entire standalone batgirl story fucking stapled onto the front of the film
> I DID NOT PAY FOR THIS
>decent animation but a few re-used panels and shots
>laugh my ass off at the Jack Nicholson easter egg they sneaked in
>nobody else in the theatre laughed
>I'msurroundedbycasuals.jpg
>film ends
>mini documentary about 20 minutes long that talks about the music of the film
>prettycool.jpg

So, yeah.
Mixed feelings.

The Batgirl subplot.

Mask of the Phantasm is the definite batkino. Nothing will ever come close and I don't know why they even try.

Skip the first 28 minutes. Trust me, you will not miss anything.

The movie didn't really need any backstory in it anyway. The entire prologue was a mistake. The Killing Joke isn't about Barbara or Batgirl. Why so much emphasis on her?

I get that they needed to pad to sell it as a feature length, but it didn't do the comic much in the way of justice.

Nice to see women represented with Batgirl in the beginning, although they turned her into a mancrazed bitch kinda. Then it turned into the same old, same old. White Batman going after white Joker.

Nice to see a gay character, too.

It wasn't even funny. Not sure what the "joke" is.

Where was Harley Quinn? Where was Wonder Woman?

The joke was literally told by Joker at the end

Somehow even worse than I expected. Even the vocal direction was a misfire.

>oh cool, they're animating the killing joke?
>no dude, its already out
cant be that good

10/10 would fuck my friends daughter while watching it

>What does Sup Forums think of The Killing Joke movie?

>awful animation

>barb gordon nude? no, they don't have balls for do that

>shit character design

>boring batgirl intro

>worst bruce timm work

Really bad. DC needs to stop using such a bland artstyle with all their movies.

>Nice to see a gay character, too.
he was funny but too flaming for me.
>It wasn't even funny. Not sure what the "joke" is.
you are an idiot.
>Where was Harley Quinn?
not in this story
>Where was Wonder Woman?
fucking superman, so they could not help

Why so much emphasis on her?

Because her role in the comic and what happens to her is all anyone remembers about TKJ.

Surprisingly he liked this one

>even DC's animated projects are starting to turn out shitty

Just sell it all to Marvel, you guys suck at this.

The first 28 minutes were terrible. It felt like they literally tacked on a meh episode of the TV show (but with bat sex). It also made the story about bat girl, when it was supposed to be about Batman and the Joker.

Even worse, the actual part that had anything to do with the killing joke was really poorly executed. So much of the power of the iconic imagery in the comic was destroyed by the lazy animation.

Holy shit was the animation bad. It was disgusting, they didn't even bother to animate the rain in the final scene.

The voice acting was good at least. Hamil was great as always, but I wasn't completely sold on Kevin's performance. It seemed kind of tired.

where's the rain

>Because her role in the comic and what happens to her is all anyone remembers about TKJ.
This is true. That doesn't mean it's what the story itself actually emphasized though. It was a pretty bad decision.

in Paris France's jail cell

out of the budget

typical cheap and bad quality animation, only good thing about this shit is mark hamill and that's it, not even worth it seeing it, not even for based mark

>Completely unnecessary 40 minutes of Batgirl backstory before the actual point of the story begins to be shown.
>Animation that has somehow gone backwards in quality since the 90s
>Changing critical moments in the story to make things go quicker.

The only saving graces were Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill doing voices.

Was it rape?

this sums it up perfectly

watch mask of the phantasm then killing joke to see how far DC animation has fallen. burnett & timm were producers on both movies and if their names weren't in the credits you'd never know it. you'd assume killing joke was a fan-made flash animation from 2003.

They pushed too hard for the R rating and that is the only thing that brought the movie down. They figured instead of just making the killing joke like the comics, they wanted to get more money by making it an R rated movie after seeing deadpools success, and decided to throw in the angsty Batgirl sub plot. The movie seemed more like a Batgirl movie than a Batman movie. It worked. Making it an R rating is going to get a large income right off release rather than down the line and that's all they care about. Making a decent movie that gets a lot of money instead of making a classic like they easily could have with this. They want the money, to make more cheesy films, to make more money. Honestly with the superhero movies coming out I have to say Marvel is now my favorite comic book company not necessarily because I like the characters better, but because they actually try to make good movies rather than seeing dollar signs at the opportunity of a movie. It adds development to the comics and actually being able to see these heroes as though they were real is cool. Look where it got them, if DC isn't trying to fucking copycat Marvel misinterpreting their goals in this instance than idk. DC shouldn't make movies.

It was awesome. Only bad thing is we didn't see Barbara's tits, despite it being r-rated.

So Joker was killed by Bruce, right? They emphasized how Batman keeps on laughing long after Joker. Why else would Joker stop laughing? I guess that's a big change from the comic.

Meant 28 minutes, don't know why I said 40

Was aight

no

Sexist, misogynist and oppressive 1/10

theguardian.com/film/2016/jul/26/batman-sexism-the-killing-joke-remake-source-material

Yah the batgirl stuff was lame. But hearing Conroy and Hamill do their last speech to each other was really worth it.

Atrocious animation, terrible voice acting, bloated story. 3/10.

Haven't seen it, looks like garbage though

For those that don't know the killing joke is that Joker and Batman are both psychopaths but are both just treating it differently. In the end they are truly both the same but rather Joker saying Batman is crazy it's Batman saying they are both crazy but crazy can be rehabilitated. Joker did all the terrible things to Batman, and because of he's a sociopath, he truly doesn't care. We all probly felt wierd after Joker raped supposedly raped a paralyzed Batgirl, and Batman seemingly not giving a fuck, doing nothing to the joker in renvenge (I don't even think he mentions it). He's a sociopath what do you think. Only thing he cares for is the lives of others and as long as their alive. The joke at the end is the turning point. All jokers life he's been telling jokes and no one laughed, the built up stress from this on top of the "one bad day" blew him over. This one time Batman has him at a somewhat weak spot, and in turn Joker tells a Joke. If Batman didn't laugh, Joker returns to Arkham, rinse and repeat. Batman laughs at his joke, maybe because it's funny, or because he knows if he does laugh it's the one chance he has to actually stop the Joker.

It's a cruel joke is what it is. The entire thing. One big joke to the joker.

In the end it's just a worse version of the comic that everyone has already read. It was so terribly animated they may as well not have bothered.

Also they somehow managed to botch most of the iconic lines from the comic in terms of delivery. That was really disappointing. Mark Hamill starting to inexplicably gurgle when he says "Why aren't you laughing?" was the worst part for me.

And turning the last half of the Joker's monologue into an action scene doesn't sit right with me at all. It feels like they missed the point of the comic.

Honestly it feels like a good movie but it's blatantly obvious at some parts when they tried to push to hard. Only thing that made it bad. 6.5/10

boring

b8ed

I haven't seen the movie yet, but that pan up to the gargoyle made me laugh out loud.

REEEE REDDIT LEAVE

Yeah, this person should never review films or anything in the media ever.

You're not alone.

>Didn't see Barbara's tits.

You must love your animated titties. Please touch a real woman.

>implying once you touch a woman you never again want to see tits

Shit

All the new Barbara Sex and the City bullshit was awful

Everything else was just the same as the comic but in flat awful animation that made my eyes sad

you're a faggot dude.

>The Killing Joke

The movie lives up to its name. It's the joke that finally killed DCAU.

What was with the inconsistency of the animation? At times it looked basically like the animated series and at others like a bad anime.

If Alan Moore was reading your comment,he would laugh and call you a retard.

>No

>Implying that once you touch a woman and know her biblically that you would proceed to continue seeing/fondling actual real tits.

Hey fags, I haven't slept 48 hours and I'm falling asleep. It's 3 pm but I'm gonna fuck up my sleep schedule if I sleep now, so I gotta stay awake for at least five more hours.

Any links for this movie? Help a bro?

This was exactly my thoughts.

>that would prevent you from wanting to see animated tits during animated sex scenes in a movie you are already watching anyway

what was the Jack Nicholson joke?

Shiiiiit, wtf is this?

>mini documentary about 20 minutes long that talks about the music of the film

What about it?

incredibly disappointing. i don't care that they added more batgirl - the writing, drawing, and animation was shit. do yourself a favor and just watch any older DC Animated like Year One or Red Hood, or even TAS has better quality.

During the scene where Batman was in the cave chatting with Alfred and he said the line "How can two people who know so little about each other hate each other so much?" he was looking at images of Joker on the Batcomputer. There were about a dozen or so and one of them was a picture of Joker sitting on a recliner on the beach i.e. when Jack Nicholson was doing his Brand X advert

What?

The comic is famous for the sequence in which the Joker paralyzes Batgirl.

That's it, you meme-spouting retard.

There was also a Harley and a Heat Legend easter egg in the same shot

It's one of the few movies where Sup Forums and SJWs can come together and agree was shit

>So Joker was killed by Bruce, right? They emphasized how Batman keeps on laughing long after Joker. Why else would Joker stop laughing? I guess that's a big change from the comic.

i thought this movie would at least lack this retarded debate. it's nice to see I was wrong.

Why did JOKER stop LAUGHING while Bruce was still going then?

Why DC Comics remain Joker's real name a mystery? Hello, anybody seen Burton's Batman and Batman the animated series?

Because if it actually followed the source material it would be over in twenty minutes.

They still cut out so much dialogue.

To me it is clear that batman does kill Joker and that is why Batman laughs at his joke at the end. He finally realizes that Joker will never attempt to change and that everything Batman had tried to do to help him was all in vain. That all of the lives Joker has taken since the first time Batman had stopped him are all on him and it broke him.

>second from the top left
That's the fucker!

>BLOODY 'ELL IT'S HER

>So Joker was killed by Bruce, right? They emphasized how Batman keeps on laughing long after Joker. Why else would Joker stop laughing? I guess that's a big change from the comic.

Grant Morrison has been quite vocal about his theory that Batman totally snaps Joker's neck at the end and the story was never meant to be canon.

This.

The comic is like 15 pages long.

How anyone thought it would be a good idea to adapt is beyond me. But then again, we're talking about WB/DC, the only studio willing to employ Hack Snyder.

Do they even have feet anymore? Snyder's taken an M16 to them twice now.

muh nigga

WHAT was the FUCKING POINT of PARIS

Why is the batgirl sex thing a big deal? Non comic fag here.

It's completely pointless and introduces a whole new bizarre character dynamic between Batman and Batgirl which it then proceeds to do absolutely nothing with since Batman just does exactly what he did in the comics anyway.

So...
>Top left: when he kills that audience in Dark Knight Returns with flying dolls full of poison gas
>second: Nicholson's Brand X advert from the first Burton film
>third: not a clue, paint looks a lot like the mask Ledger wears during the bank heist but I think that's a coincidence
> fourth : Ledger
>top right: when he crowbarred Jason Todd
>bottom left: not sure if this a specific Joker/Harley scene
>bottom second: laughing fish from an episode of the animated series
>bottom third: I think this is a comic cover, like a really fucking old one (golden age or whatever) judging by how batman is drawn
>bottom fourth: punch from punch and judy
>bottom right: laffco toy factory is where he broadcasts his christmas special in the animated series

Batman's always been a father figure to Batgirl and Robin. I don't think people would have been as botherd by a sexual relationship between them if it was handled better. Instead, Batgirl comes off as some cock hungry psycho ex-girlfriend.

I'm watching the movie right now.

I'm not liking this faggot. Why did they have to force him in? Why not just make him be Barbara's girl-friend?

it gets worse before it gets better

>women
>capable of having friends

Pick one.

>Me above them.

>women
>capable of having friends
More capable than you and I.

One of the only shit DC animated I have ever seen.

That's some real nice detective work there user