How much you've completed from the essentials

>how much you've completed from the essentials
>how long you've been lurking

one year and half

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fEWdjtMmqGo
youtube.com/watch?v=ZEysecgCVr0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Here's a superior list of essentials btw. I've listened to about half of them, and I've been lurking Sup Forums for like a year though I've been on Sup Forums for like 13 years

>Here's a superior list of essentials btw.

THIS

I can't edit right now, but can I get a clean template of the OP picture, my mans?

post template

here is my mane

you need to listen to Emergency and I my man. It's fucking great.

Need to listen to more older jazz and world music desu

what do the different colors you used represent?

Newfag here. Been around Sup Forums for about a month.

I'm missing A LOT so I would appreciate any recommendations for what I should listen to next. Not big on Jazz or metal tho.

Fuck forgot the chart

Start with Sup Forums-core but avoid the swans record for a while (since it's 2 hours long, I would recommend either MPP or Kid A/Ok Computer) depending of what you like you go to either sub-mu core (p4k stuff) or classics/metal/jazz.

i have been on Sup Forums for around 3 years, trying to get into electronic and classical at the moment

Eureka - Jim O' Rourke
You Forgot It in People - Broken Social Scene
Lonerism - Tame Impala
SOngs By leonard Cohen
If You're Feeling Sinister - Belle And Sebastian
Marquee Moon - Television

Have listened to about 1/8th of them.
Been here for 5 years.
I like other kinds of music.

Mega new fag, 3 days
listened to slint, pleasant surprise.

Seven months
most of my time has been spent finding music similar to the music I enjoy rather than sampling new things

The pic size is too pic, wat do

*big

About 2 years.

I've been lurking since 2009. Why is it that there literally is nothing new?

Dude, definetively go for pet sounds and Spiritualized once You can, also check out that fishmans record

intriguing that You've already heard alien observer, what were your thoughts in it?

Yes - Close to the Edge
Radiohead - OK Computer (not 100% in line with what you already have, but this is a must-listen rock album)

The ones marked with blue are the ones I have gotten into and the ones with red are the ones I haven't gotten into

Have been in Sup Forums since last fall

>2-3 years, its difficult to remember.
I've listened to half of Remain in Light though I didn't want to spoil the rest of the album by not being in the mood (you only get one first listen, as I'm sure many here are aware). I've been going through the chart slowly listening through the discographies of each artist rounding usually 20 play-throughs of each album (albeit with some exceptions with my earlier ventures into music). The length of Swans' albums has always put me off listening to them as has their immense discography and so it will be a long time before I try one of their albums.

Got into this stuff from hearing of Montreal tracks in old RCT3 troll videos, shame they've been deleted though they were surely the day.

I'd recommend trying Nine Inch Nails, I'd put them off for a long time until recently and they blew my mind, not the Sonic OC levels of edgyness that I thought it would be, still very on the nose though the tracks are addictive as fuck. youtube.com/watch?v=fEWdjtMmqGo

I really, really loved it, though I did prefer Dream Loss. I've listened through all of Grouper's music. Thanks for the recommendations.
Will do.

Since around 2008 or so?

Haven't listened to some of these in years so my memories are a bit foggy. Never got much into hip hop or jazz unfortunately.

Red is listened to completely, blue is in my library but either I haven't listened to it or just a few tracks. Been mostly lurking for around 3 years on and off. Sorry for the shit paint job

Thanks for the rec, is there a good starting point with NIN

Its probably best to go through chronologically, Pretty Hate Machine is very catchy as a whole whilst still maintaining the industrial elements that are key to the band (fun fact, despite being a band, Trent Reznor has been the only official member up until 2016 with the inclusion of Atticus Ross, the "band" mainly being for live performances). I can imagine though that the album lengths, especially for The Fragile and Ghosts I-IV are pretty daunting - so if you want something shorter that will give you a good idea of their music as a whole then I'd recommend trying their recent EP, Not the Actual Events, which clocks in just over 20 minutes.

5 years

Thought I would have heard more of the jazz and electronic sections than this but I guess not

>Leaves Turn Inside You
>All the Pretty Little Horses
>Smile
>Power Corruption & Lies
>Parable of Arable Land
Just realised I forgot to cross these off

When was the last update? I don't think I have that version of the chart.

newfag here, only here since like November
recs on and off this chart appreciated

>2 and a half years
need to listen to more jazz

How come you haven't listened to Snowing? That albums like 10 minutes long.

(You)
I'll check it out, really not a fan of midwest emo for the most part but 10 minutes can't hurt

The three albums you haven't listened to from the classics section are some of the best on there, Third Ear Band in particular. Also you might like Lanquidity

I don't really care about emo
Also I think I might have listened to it years ago but I'm not 100% sure so I didn't cross it off

Thanks for the heads up.

Six years on Sup Forums.

Still a lot to catch up on. On the old chart I had a lot more but it seems some of the albums I already listened were dropped between updates.

Shit I forgot to blank American Football.

8 years
Don't know, don't care

>implying Sup Forumstang!clans topsters chart means shit

been posting here regularaly for a couple of years now, what should i check out of the stuff im missing?

the top row is of jazz is all pretty good and pretty accessible so go there first

the antlers, eliot smith, joanna newsom-ys are all pretty well loved albums on mu so maybe check them out

check out the sigur ros album

if youve never listened to any of their albums its definitely worth checking out radiohead

if youre trying to get into electronic listen to squarepusher-hard normal daddy, and the aggresiveness of alec empire-the destroyer might appeal given you like metal

>like 10% of it
>4 years
Just doesn't interest me desu

Green=Constantly played
Yellow=On my library, tolerable
Red=Disliked, erased from my computer
Rest= Haven't heard

Can't remember how much time, but Slanted and Enchanted and I think Weezer were somewhere in the top 10 of the essentials. Death Grips and Kanye weren't there.

Also, I never really pursued the essentials.

Which one is better to start off?

the longest, it's actually more simple

>Tabula Rasa in classics
>no other classical recordings anywhere on the chart, not even Music for 18 Musicians or any of the other memeclassical Sup Forums talks about
This confuses me

And which one is the longest? Because has 40 rows total of 400 albums and has 42 rows total of 420 albums.

Oops, I meant 35 rows with 420 albums in the second one.

Its another altered version, this chart came before it and even that one is slightly altered. My assumption is that someone wanted to enforce their taste on others and change the charts low key to suit their needs, quite annoyingly.

I mean it really looks like just a compilation of critically acclaimed albums with some RYM favorites splashed in, doesn't really seem like anyone's particular taste.

yeah but often has multiple albums by the same artist, the cover art that's used in the chart is just the most iconic

>grimes
>more death grips other than TMS
>sunbather still there
>macintosh plus
>mac de marco
might as well put Jason Aldean, K Pop and Pink Guy if we're going to include every Sup Forums meme in existence

That's what I thought, though at least they are talked about, I mean, I've never even heard of Third Ear Band until this thread.

Most of the entries are fine, most of them are not my thing, but I can appreciate their contribution to either contemporary music or the development of the board, standard Sup Forums selection. But Grimes, Sunbather and Macintosh Plus are downright jokes.

1 Year
To be fair, i've been trying to expand my tastes outside of Sup Forumscore as well as listen to Sup Forumscore

had to take a screenshot because Sup Forums won't let me upload an image bigger than 4mb.

Been here for a few years now

epic

About 2 years. I have nearly zero interest in anything above D. Popular

How did I go mew?
I'm here for about 3 years

D4 and below is Sup Forumscore. D3 and above is music too good for Sup Forums.

Give those Snowing and Orchid albums a whirl, they're both emo though are short as heck so you might as well. You know more than me though.

sure, user

I've been meaning to ever since /emoe/ threads but never got around. I'll try to.

don't post varg memes when u havne't even listened to his music -_______________-

only been lurking for about 3 months now

I listened to the one with the horn lady.(I liked it)

I didn't notice the chart also said that one

The asymmetry of those crosses and their lack of alignment trigger the heck out of me (coming from someone who used crudely drawn lines to cross out theirs), glad to see someone using the same chart though. Try USA, its a 40~ minute album that is pretty extraordinary.

what do u mean by USA, can't really google that

The band youtube.com/watch?v=ZEysecgCVr0 only released one studio album and its pretty short. One of my personal favourites as well.

Now that I look at it, you should really slow down at the speed you're going through this (unless you knew about those prior to Sup Forums), you want to explore the bands discographies and reduce the risk of burning out on music as much as possible.

thank

ultra mega pleb

Been browsing for exactly a year now.
Sorry for bad quality, I'm on my phone.

check out Current 93, Wire, Can, and if you're into harsh noise the Kazumoto Endo album is great too

been here a few months
bully me

been here a few months
bully me
you make me ashamed
listen to downward spiral

Yeah, I tend not to like experimental wank.

i listened to 90% of these. really makes you think.

Started lurking around September

Been on here for nearly a year now.
Rec me anything you think I might like

Deloused, Emergency & I, London Calling

>I'm a girl btw

I'm new, only been here for about half a year give or take.

lmao those red lines better not mean what i think they do
no one gets to talk about homogenic like that

Homogenic is okay i think, i just haven't listened to it for a long time and when i listened to it, i didn't like that kind of music at all.

5 years

how come nobody ever listens to Deloused?

About 2 1/2 years

>Sup Forums essentials
>Depeche Mode

ive heard the other popular mars volta album and didnt care for it

theres a lot of weird choices
such as kazumoto endo

shit i missed a few, but whatcha gonna do

32 albums in full
a bit over a year

I was prepared to shit on your list of essentials but it's actually top notch. Saved.

6 years
circles are the ones i haven't listened to

At least half of the albums on that chart. 7 years lurking. It's been a wild ride, weirdos.