Star Trek Beyond

>I must find this ancient artifact from old times whose soul purpose is to kill people slower than any form of weaponry

did I get that right?

also
>Meme off, bro, you and me!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=drarLbzqdAA
youtube.com/watch?v=4GHN1Mu6VG0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Damn, Ambassador G'Kar looks mean as fuck

These movies are such generic action summer nonsense. They could have just made an entirely new franchise entirely with their forced diversity and homosexuals and everything. No need to call this mess Star Trek; they literally have nothing in common.

But you can always make more money by masking your shitty actioner as being part of an established franchise. Just look at the last four "Bond films"

And yet still pretty good and best of the three.

horseshit - why is it the 'best'?

I would share a glass of Brivari with you.

the first JJ Trek is much much better. But it is better than Into Darkness

Why is it better than Into Darkness?

Felt light a tighter more memorable story. A better version of the abortion that was "Khan" the last go 'round. The action was excellent, the sense of scale, space. Spock's arc was moving. Jaylah was cool. Not perfect, not great, but pretty good all in all.

Not that user, the other, but ID was a missed opportunity. Khan as random lone wolf antagonist was weak. He worked in the original as Kirk's equal and opposite, a man who also led and cared about a crew, who we actually saw, which endeared us to him. "Khan's" crew in the second flick existed only as popsicles in passing. The plot itself, getting caught was part of his plan! etc was just a lame retread of so many cliches.

>Felt light a tighter more memorable story.
there was basically no story and it certainly isn't tight.
Spocks' arc was a last minute addition and it went nowhere. Basically a tribute to Nimoy shoehorned in.
Kirk's arc was filmed in pickups when they realised no character has any developement in this film. The Admiarl character was a last minute addition and only appears with Kirk to set up his shitty 'leaving' arc which was never going anywhere anyway,
The villain's plan does not make one bit of sense either.
Jaylah does nothing much in the film except 'look cool'. Any generic alien could have carried that plot strand.

Walked out of the movie an hour in today. It was beyond boring.

this smells of strange bullshit

b...b...but it has much diversity and 1000 explosions!
g..good p..ppp..pplots are overated!

I was quite surprised that the level of capeshit action was toned down in Beyond than in Into Darkness, and the references and memes were less cringey

Either you saw a different film than I did or you are deliberately talking shit

>They will still tell stories of our star trek into darkness 2009 years beyond now.

Gently placed my popcorn down, apologized to my paid movie companion, and walked out without making too much noise as to not disturb the patrons. It was the maddest I'd ever been.

youtube.com/watch?v=drarLbzqdAA

it sucked

Name literally one "meme" in the movie

Interesting points mate. Just feels like a clunky, needless, lesser remake of a pretty great film.

>first 15 minutes of Into Darkness
>DUDE RUNNING FROM ALBINOS WE GOTTA STOP THIS VOLCANO WITH A SUPER ICE CUBE DUDE NOW WE'RE JUMPING OFF A CLIFF AND DIVING OH SHIT THE ENTERPRISE IS HIDDEN UNDERWATER HOW EPIC RIGHT? OH GOD MORE SHIT EXPLODES AND KIRK SAYS 10000000 MORE QUIPS BEFORE WE CUT TO LONDON WHERE THERE'S A FUCKING DOMESTIC TERRORIST ATTACK FROM SOME BLACK GUY BEING CONTROLLED BY OSAMA BIN LADEN I MEAN KHAN NOONIEN SINGH

>first 15 minutes of Beyond
>captain's log; Enterprise slowly moves across the camera, frog people scene, cuts to slowly entering a fancy spacedock which is also a floating city

my point being that Beyond felt less hectic than Into Darkness, which was just one long action scene with about 5 minutes of actual dialogue in the entire movie

well put (not that user obv)

It did have the miniature ayylien race too which I thought was a funny, classic open. But yea the sense of grandeur for the base and the enterprise and stuff was well done.

>my point being that Beyond felt less hectic than Into Darkness
seriously did you see this film?
after a slow boring start the film was then just a series of stupid action sequences until the end

What do you actually mean by 'meme'?

>Into Darkness, which was just one long action scene with about 5 minutes of actual dialogue in the entire movie
I fully believe you are just trolling

crab head just happens to have a space in her head that perfectly fits the mcguffin, lol ok

Same. Probably the first time I almost fell asleep, along with the revenant

>being an Into 9/11 apologist

everything happens in this film 'because'
a series of coincidences which keep the non-plot moving

this made ST:V look good

Can anyone make the case for why the JJ flicks were better? I have yet to hear.

Hardmode: Cant use "quips" or reference Beastie Boys

At least it wasn't a shit remake

So how did Uhira find out that he was a human?

Black people all know each other

they both had better plots and character development

MISTER GARIBALDI

'because'

because it had to happen at that point - how she did it is a mystery and I only saw this a couple of hours ago

How do people not overheat in those suits?

they at least had a coherent story but more importantly an emotional core, like most of his work

I liked McCoy and Scotty. The rest were shit.

(You) tell me since you're the retard using the word.

It's not, don't believe the shills.

Just saw the movie and I want to get the "hailing" sound effect as my ring tone. Anyone know where I can get it?

They were actually suspenseful.

>Song from the first trailer every fanboy despises and gets absolutely buttravaged about
>Ends up being a major plot point in the movie

Anyone else kek at this?

>Yfw Idris Elba represented the old Star Trek fans who couldn't let go of the past and wanted to hold onto what make old Star Trek great while Kirk represented the producers and younger generation who just wanted this faggot to fuck off

That was my favorite scene in the whole movie.
NYEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

also coincidentally the song young kirk must've loved as a kid, because most kids would think beastie boys are lame and old now, they owuld totally love it in 200 years

Mine too it was awesome.

The movies are very enjoyable when you just accept they're extremely light on plot and what plot is there is just a vehicle for sci fi action.

>Is that classical music?

Also I appreciated this movie for actually having some practical effects and costumes when I was afraid it would all be CGI.

Can she by new waifu?

How long till the new RLM review where they cry about the plot not making sense?

One major flaw in this film

Kirk didnt hit it

is he supposed to be a Jem'haddar or something?

Ding ding ding.
Spock's arc is just a retread of what he considered in 09 - feeling obligated to help New Vulcan, but staying in Starfleet because he loves it there.
Bones was just there again to quip. There wasn't even an arc of him and Spock coming to a respectful friendship, since they acknowledge they're best friends several times and nothing develops.
Kirk's arc was, yes obviously, filmed after the fact.
Chekov does nothing.
Sulu is gay.
Uhuru does nothing.
Jaylah starts to have an arc, before it's left unresolved as Kirk beams her out of the fight. I did like her POV shot as she leaves the planet for the first time ever though. That was a nice touch.
Scotty has the most fleshed out role because fuck Simon Pegg. He gets the most quips and becomes the most important character on Altamid.

Krall wants something that is inferior to the Swarm in every way, and he's woefully underdeveloped. I didn't even realise the traitor vagina-fold alien and his lieutenant were meant to be the other humans mentioned in his ship's log.

Into Darkness at least had a story with stakes, even if it was basic and at times tried to act smarter than it was. There were emotional arcs, even if they were kind of retreads of the first movie. Kirk's death is treated like a big emotional moment, even if it doesn't stick.

Beyond is basically our new Insurrection. That's its legacy. Fluff that goes nowhere.

>slow boring start
stopped reading there.

samefag come on

except no? he was just a crazy fuck butthurt about only being a cpt and pissed off with ufp for not rescuing him?
you're drawing parallels that aren't there.

Ignore him, he made the same post in its own thread and it was just as retarded there.

He's actually a mutated human.

He''s pissed off they didn't renew the season and then gave him a bit cameo in the new version

that feel when no one replies to your posts, but then at last someone does
(Me)

So glad McCoy finally got to shine.

Honestly, I had more fun with Beyond than I did with TFA. ST:B did the non-action scenes really well as the characters were able to really shine when they got seperated. In contrast, the new Star Wars just felt really stiff and unnatural, especially when I realised after Rey's intro that it was basically a rehash of A New Hope.

>Could just attack the base with his overwhelming drone army
>He would have won

Why he needed the weapon I don't know

>I actually liked the sabotage scene

I don't get it. I never liked that song, yet that scene was so perfect for some reason.

>I never liked that song

Not even the music video?

Thanks Mr. Wick
>tfw i would totally let keanu plow my boipucci

Alright, I am going to explain the weapon to you and why it is the very best weapon one could hope for.

It kills all life while doing zero damage to the infrastructure. This is the dream of every military commander in wartime, because you can utilize the enemies production facilities and living quarters without any cost to yourself. You can basically just infinitely expand your empire using your enemies own tools against them.

Krulls idea was to use that weapon to destroy the space stations inhabitants, and then use the space station as his base for destroying other targets since the weapon wouldn't always work.

I loved the movie. Hell, if I knew how to get paid to shill I would definitely do it. But the movie was good enough and TREK enough for me to do it for free.

see

Beyond was a good movie. Better than The Force Awakens.

His weapon is ineffective. Despite being able to fuck up Yorktown, his mining drones would be unable to do the work necessary to keep the base operational and running. It would be like trying to keep New York City running by yourself and a handful of dudes.

He doesn't need the infrastructure and quarters, since he has no living soldiers. He merely wants to cause destruction, of which there are numerous weapons capable of doing that than are more readily available than a weapon of ancient lore.

His goal was similar to Nero's - just fuck shit up. Nero had a weapon capable of doing just that, and deploying it easily.

im 45 mins into the movie and falling asleep

when does it get good

No, for me its just felt like a cheap version of Apollo 440's stop the Rock which I really like. (I know that Sabotage one is older but still)

youtube.com/watch?v=4GHN1Mu6VG0

> He has no living soldiers

Clearly he does. Who do you think were attacking the Enterprise in the beginning. They didn't all die. Every single one of the bees has a person in it. Plenty of need for living spaces. Also, his goal was not to simply "fuck shit up". It was to destroy the federation in order to accomplish a goal of creating a militaristic society he would be more comfortable in.

Did you even watch the movie?

>people actually being angry at Star Trek for being diverse
You're only supposed to take one red pill you fucking faggots.

>Going on your phone in the cinema

Cancer you think I'm gonna help you?

Thanks Mr. Wick

He has his XO and his entire army is mining drones. There is two living people in his crew left. He blatantly said this in the movie.

Did YOU even watch the movie?

Did you miss the memo that his crew was only 3 people ? Those Halo rejects were Mining Drones

Complaining about scenes being added later or filmed in pickups as a means of dismissing them is so fucking stupid.
You're basically saying that scenes which are IN THE FILM somehow don't count because... they were added later?
We're not talking about some 20 year anniversary directors cut, we're talking about the theatrical cut of the movie. I don't give a shit if they added scenes 10 minutes before opening night, they're scenes IN the movie and pretending like they're worthless or don't count as plot because you know some behind the scenes chat about pickups is fucking autistic logic.

That's where you're wrong.
> he didn't take his daily dose.

We all know the the most dangerous weapon in the galaxy is the Beastie Boys.

>Star Trek
>diversity

That WAS THE POINT

Hmmm. I wonder who Spock and McCoy had to eject from the drone they beamed onto then? Perhaps you could look into that and get back to me?

Seems strange they beamed onto the only drone with the random third person still alive.

And he did notsay they were the only ones left of all his army. Only that they were the only ones left of his original crew. He may have been inducting captives into his ranks with a "Join or be consumed" rhetoric.

I know it is early and most of us have only seen the movie once, but seriously, please know what you are talking about if you are going to vehemently argue a point.

Least interesting character development out of the 3.

I know people shit on Edgy Spock but thats way better than, "i gotta leave to fuck some emotionless chicks"

And Kirk, hes just tired of not constantly being at death's door and asks for a fucking desk job. then he almost dies along with everyone else and hes like, "oh yeah this is what i like"

>Show swarm ships can crash into every single shit and survive
>disrupt their hive mind so they crash into each other and they explode
This shit was so retarded

>then he almost dies along with everyone else and hes like, "oh yeah this is what i like"
You have literally never watched a single Star Trek episode or movie before in your entire life. Shut the fuck up.
Or better yet, keep posting this embarrassing as fuck opinion, and even say it in public if you ever accidentally end up at a party.

Tbqh ripping off the ending to Mars Attacks to destroy the drones was pathetic entry tier meme writing as I expected from Simon "fuck you Takei it's 2016" Pegg.

I enjoyed all three movies nevertheless. Other than the ded guy who was irrelevant I liked all of the casting decisions, especially Bones.

i will thanks

fucking nerd thinks youd talk about star trek at a party, i'm thoroughly embarrased

>cute alien chick
>kirk doesn't fuck her

0/10, inaccurate and kills the movie

>soul
sole

kirk only fucked two woman in the original series

I think they set it up so that Scotty will be revealed to be fucking the little alien dude in the next movie and the alien chick will be hit on by Kirk but get turned down because she don't need no man to bypass the compressah.

Killer Tomatoes did it first you poseur

TNG reboot series with Tom Hardy as Picard when?

He'd be a big captain

They ejected the drones you fucking imbecile. The bipedal robots are the drones not the ships